Treasures of Ruin Cards, New Evolution / Devolution Technical Machines Revealed from SV4!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The four Treasures of Ruin Legendaries will reappear in Ancient Roar and Future Flash, as well as two new TM cards! The dual sets will release in Japan on October 27th and be incorporated into our English set Paradox Rift in November.
Thanks goes to Arantxa T. for the translations!
Wo-Chien – Grass – HP130
Basic Pokemon
[G] Leaf Gathering: Attach up to 2 Basic [G] Energy from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokemon.
[G][G][G][C] Greedy Bind: 140 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, the Defending Pokemon’s attacks cost [C][C] more.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3...

Continue reading...

I really don't understand the point of the Devolution TM.
Why waste an attack putting your opponent's evolution cards in their hand if they can just evolve it again during their turn?
At least if you were returning those cards to their deck, it would be useful.
Or if you were at least doing damage to something, like the MEW Aerodactyl.

Why waste an attack putting your opponent's evolution cards in their hand if they can just evolve it again during their turn?
If you devolve a Pokémon with damage on it that damage might be enough to KO the baby Pokémon below.

Or alternatively, in a format full of Rare candy decks you force your opponent to find another Rare Candy or they just can't evolve at all

I think the Devolution TM will be a nuisance for those who bypass evolutions using Rare Candy.

Ting-Lu - if only we have a way to get the energy Turn 1 after you benched it, this could be a one-prized attacker, no doubt. Yet, we still accept the fact that Fighting types still have NO energy acceleration, oh well. 3
Chi-yu - Haiyaa, this attack again?! Days of NVI Terrakion were over. Things like is a tad underpowered. 2
Wo-Chien - LIVE WO-CHIEN REACTION. 2
Chien-Pao - everytime I see this atk, I remember STS Volcarona, It sucks. 130 ain't gonna warrant much for discarding 2 W energy. If I'm gonna discard 2 energy on a single -prized Pokemon, I expect to KO a Basic ex for good prize trade. 1-2
TM Evolution - this is like 1-of on Gardevoir since you need to set up some Kirlias before your next turn, so that you can evolve into ex next turn. Kirlia also draws, so that's why. 4
TM Devolution - this reminds me of Legends Awakened ones. Are they reprinting these two? Fuiyoh! Also, punish RC users. 4-5

I can see why they'd have to print a card like Jirachi before reprinting a card like Ancient Technical Machine [Rock].

#1 thing is if your opponent uses rare candy, the stage 2 drops back to basic and the candy has been used. Also, if the evolved mon has damage counters on it, the new unevolved mon can be KO'd. It's especially great against Gardevoir. This is VERY playable and very powerful.

I think you guys are being too optimistic about Devolution, unless your opponent has put 8 damage counters on multiple Gardevoir ex for whatever reason you would probably just 2HKO them with a normal attack (as opposed to doing 80 damage and then devolving them to take a single prize) right? Gardy runs a ton of basic attackers if your plan is just to spam it in the early game so you can get set up and then attack normally or whatever. Same with Chien Pao, once they realise you're trying to waste their Rare Candies they'll just start swinging with Palkia

Also considering Korraidon ends your turn anyway baby Ting Lu could be cute in at least single prize Fighting decks, since it's not going to leave a big dead two prizer on your bench for the rest of the game. That's kind of sad, if you think about it

one of the lesser talked-about things regarding OBF is that it has only 10 holo cards, making pack openings super repetitive.

even if these holo rares aren't competitive, they provide some amount of variety to keep pack openings at least somewhat more interesting

Klefki using the evolution TM could be a really nice way to setup while disrupting your opponent, in much the same way as Spiritomb AR back in the day. Similarly, Diancie can also make good use of the tool whilst also protecting the Pokemon that evolve. Going second, Jet energy + Arven (for VIP and the tool) gives you essentially everything you need to start setting up your board behind a Klefki/Diancie/Snorlax etc.

I think you guys are being too optimistic about Devolution, unless your opponent has put 8 damage counters on multiple Gardevoir ex for whatever reason you would probably just 2HKO them with a normal attack (as opposed to doing 80 damage and then devolving them to take a single prize) right? Gardy runs a ton of basic attackers if your plan is just to spam it in the early game so you can get set up and then attack normally or whatever. Same with Chien Pao, once they realise you're trying to waste their Rare Candies they'll just start swinging with Palkia

Also considering Korraidon ends your turn anyway baby Ting Lu could be cute in at least single prize Fighting decks, since it's not going to leave a big dead two prizer on your bench for the rest of the game. That's kind of sad, if you think about it
Charizard/Pideot ex rely on rare candy - they mostly dont play the stage1s at all. So they open great with 2 turn rare candy double charizard/pidgeot you attache the devolution TM to whatever and use it. With 3 rare candy gone and basically no stage 1s they are DEAD.

Back