Top 8 Finalists Announced for Pokemon TCG Illustration Grandprix!

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
Props to Gardevoir/Cherrim who uses a Pokémon that is using a Pokémon that isn’t advertised. Why not throw in Lucario, Yveltal, and Mew while you’re at it.

Anyway they should’ve allowed Naganadel drawings. It’s really fun to draw. (Seriously, try it!)

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
So many talented artists. I wonder if they allowed multiple submissions.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I see we’re phasing out of Ken Sugimori. Nice move, TPCI.
Wouldn’t mind seeing any of these around the game, honestly.
These actually look better than a lot of the cards today, actually, props to anyone who both made top 50 and can read this.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
My Favorite of the top 8 was the Metagross with the steel bars tied around it. It takes talent to give such humor to a stiff and stern Pokemon like that! xD

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Oh my goodness, these are incredible. So many of them capture the "card art" vibe so perfectly.

Wechselbalg

brb
The top 8 Solgaleo, Metagross and the derpier looking Slowpoke are great - at least Creatures seem to have (partially) good taste lol

I'm also liking that Mewtwo with the Pokedex and the Darkrai from J-Dargon.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Why didn't I know about this? I would have had a lot of fun drawing Ho-Oh. I still would like to be an artist for the cards.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Why didn't I know about this? I would have had a lot of fun drawing Ho-Oh. I still would like to be an artist for the cards.
I'm pretty sure it was a Japanese-only contest, so (assuming you aren't from Japan), I don't think you were eligible for the contest

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Love posts like this. Like the Gourgeist Illustration before, I need AKI さん and とみなが まい さん's Darkrai as a card.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
I do agree with their choice for Metagross and Eevee, happy to see either one of those pull through and win top prize.