Top 8 Finalists Announced for Pokemon TCG Illustration Grandprix!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 30, 2019.

1. NaganadelIsBeast Pun Intended
    NaganadelIsBeast

I think the Eevee one is better.

2. AshCo I gotta spruce this place up for the GAAAEEEEMS
    AshCo

They were all good and I was glad to see a lot of different art. When it comes down to it, I don't really mind what won, since it was up to the judges and what they liked. I'm actually quite a fan of the illustration that won, the colors are really nice. Even if it's not my personal favorite, and I'd honestly have loved for all of them to have gotten on cards (especially those Zards since I'm a dirty Charizard collector), I'm still happy for the person who won it.

3. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

See, some people can art, like these people.
    I cannot.
    I can attempt to draw a Pikachu and it will end up looking like a sad waffle.

ICEdaddy and Zero Umbreon like this.
  4. Zero Umbreon Probably a human
    Zero Umbreon

I would like to see this.

5. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

The thing I learned was TPC doesn't like birds so Ho-Oh was never going to win so the people who drew it never had a chance against fan service and the new mascot.

jo94 likes this.
  6. bbb888 One Life. One Dream.
    bbb888

Nobody drew Kadabra??

7. PokemonMasterNate Braizard let's go!!!
    PokemonMasterNate

8. Rcxd9999 Aspiring Trainer
    Rcxd9999

I love how we have all these talented artists and yet we still get cards with; clay Pokemon, yarn Pokemon and stock Ken Sugimori art Pokemon. Priorities, am I right?

9. Skeleton Liar サーナ~
    Skeleton Liar

Implying that it doesn't take skill and talent to make the clay and yarn Pokemon? And that Ken Sugimori is a bad artist or is unfit to be included in the TCG, just because it's stock art?

AshCo likes this.
  10. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

Yuka Morii and Asako Ito are doing unique art that no other artist in the Pokemon TCG is doing, I'll take that over bland 5ban CGI anytime.

Then why did they make it one of the choices to draw? This wasn't a free choose your Pokemon contest, they were given a specific few choices and Ho-oh was among them.

Wechselbalg and AshCo like this.
  11. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

They can give the choice but they knew what they were going for. Its like bragging that Pikachu Libre was a popular pick when your only choices were Pikachu forms.

12. Primal Latios Aspiring Trainer
    Primal Latios

Advanced Member Member

honestly i am fine with that.
    This gardevoir looks so peaceful and i am really digging the sunset :)

13. Volkner123 Champion in training
    Volkner123

I really love that Evee art

14. ProfPineTCG Professor
    ProfPineTCG

Advanced Member Member

These would make some great mats!

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?