Tinkaton ex, Treasures of Ruin Special Illustration Rares from “Snow Hazard” and “Clay Burst!”

Wonder what AR will be after Flamigo in Clay Burst since there are no more Pokemon available.

Will it be another Palkia mix up?

Will it be another Flamigo?

Will it be a Pokemon from a previous set?

Will it be an Item Art Rare?

Interesting.
Full Arts, obviously. They've changed the pattern now. AR -> FA -> SAR -> GOLD

Nope. Still not good. Stall is ded af. No one plays it.
That Tinkatink is begging to be abused in some stall. Good thing Crushing Hammer rotates out.
On the other hand, Tinkaton ex has a very good and cheap attack that can easily hit for 300+. I think that's a whole deck right there.
Tinkatink/Tinkatuff/Tinkaton ex - people will play 4 Iono once the set is available in Japan, meaning this deck hurts a lot. Also, a Stage 2. I hate Stage 2s with no consistent draw engine. "wE'Re iN a sLOweR fOrmAt!" ya arce. Never gonna happen. Everything is fast-paced. 3/3/3

Shinx/Luxio/Luxray - wish it was 230 to make it warrant of its ability. No one is dealing flat 180 in 2023.3/3/3

Delivery Drone - the reprint Old PC? 1

Motivational Drink - the card is less motivating. 1

Reversal Energy - all we need an Evo card that can compete with all the 2-prized Pokemon in the meta. 5

That Tinkatink is begging to be abused in some stall. Good thing Crushing Hammer rotates out.
On the other hand, Tinkaton ex has a very good and cheap attack that can easily hit for 300+. I think that's a whole deck right there.
As a control player I'm glad to inform you crushing hammer has a G regulation mark with it's SV printing

Crushing hammer is reprinted in SV base

As a control player I'm glad to inform you crushing hammer has a G regulation mark with it's SV printing
It's actually F as well because it got reprinted in Crown Zenith.
I always wanted the format to return to coinflips on Turn 1/2 deciding the outcome.
And the hilarious part is that you can still play Rare Candy + Tinkaton ex if you fail your flips and need to pivot to Prizes.

Reversal energy is good but very useless for Lugia :D looks like takes time before Lugia gets new good special energy. Also Reversal energy is good for Gardevoir (non ex) while it gives extra 90 damage and make it easier to take huge ko. Garde is easy behind prize cards from early to mid game

Reversal energy is good but very useless for Lugia :D looks like takes time before Lugia gets new good special energy. Also Reversal energy is good for Gardevoir (non ex) while it gives extra 90 damage and make it easier to take huge ko. Garde is easy behind prize cards from early to mid game
If lugia ever starts playing dudunsparce, this could get real annoying real quick

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Scramble Energy Returns! \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
(Ecstatic seizures.)
I didn’t even think this was possible! This truly is an attempt to make evolved Pokémon more playable! They even balanced Luxray in light of the new special Energy and leaked it in the same reveal!
Also, the new Tinkaton ex actually has decent synergy with the Tinkaton from Triplet Beat, which, in turn, can now dunk on Single Prize Pokémon with the new Special Energy.
(I wonder if Single Prize decks will now play Diance to force your opponent to take the first prize in order to play from behind. Not all of them will want to use Forretress ex or will benefit from it.)
As for whether Luxray or Tinkaton ex will ever be good, N’s Rhyperior has already given his pro competitive player insights. I’m just excited about what reintroducing Scramble Energy means for future archetypes. To be fair, Luxray might become more relevant if we get an influx of evolving single prize Pokémon into the competitive scene. I agree that Defiant Band doesn’t help it take down most double prize Pokémon, however.
Now we’re starting to see the ex era focusing on comebacks more than ever before! The pieces of the puzzle are all clicking together! Solid Rage successor, Rocket’s Admin Successor, Electrode ex successor, and now a Scramble Energy successor! *Fake nostalgia intensifies!* (Fake, because I wasn’t actually playing Pokémon in 2006.)

Last edited:
If lugia ever starts playing dudunsparce, this could get real annoying real quick
I forgot that guy but Jet Energy may be too bad for that. most decks gonna play it. garde probably don’t because they need rather only psychic. then paralyze is not so effective as it would

holy cow, all four of the the SARs are gorgeous

I actually really like how Tinkaton ex looks too, just wish it was a little better

I forgot that guy but Jet Energy may be too bad for that. most decks gonna play it. garde probably don’t because they need rather only psychic. then paralyze is not so effective as it would
It has Archeops and Weakness Removal Dunsparce, make sense

That Luxray really shows off how insane Snorlax from Lost Origins was; same HP, same damage, except Snorlax's attack is all colorless, Snorlax has a great ability, and Snorlax is a basic

There are 12 ARs. Flamingo is #11.

Look it up before replying.
Unless we get more Paradox Pokémon (and single prize ones at that), or Pokémon changes Dragon types back to Colorless types, or we get a Dudunsparce in Clay Hazard as well as Snow Warning, it’s almost certainly going to be an as-yet unrevealed Farigiraf. I just checked, and, although evolution lines are grouped together in spite of National Pokédex order, Leafeon appears after Carnivine in Dark Explorers, marking the beginning of a pattern that continues up to Wyrdeer in Astral Radiance (both in the main set and the Trainer Gallery) of Pokémon that evolve from a Pokémon from a previous generation still appearing in correct National Pokédex order when they’re not attached to a pre-evolved form of the same type.
Never mind. I just remembered that Girafarig and Farigiraf are both Psychic Normal types, and it would be kind of weird for them to include a Normal type Farigiraf with a Psychic type Girafarig. I don’t remember any historical precedent suggesting they’d include a Normal type evolved form with a Psychic type evolving basic, which would also be weird because then it would lose its ability to hit for weakness. Perhaps they’re only including 11 Art Rares? Back to the radar display…

Last edited:
Back