The Yu-Gi-Oh Thread

Serperior said:
Haunted Water said:
So I got bored today and threw together a gagaga deck. I put it up against my ZWs and won within five turns each time. I also put all of my anger and hatred towards Constellars into the deck making. I put in Mind Crush and Traptrix. Go ahead. Summon Omega. I DARE you.

I wanna see this Gagaga list.

me
‎7‎:‎57‎ ‎PM traptrix is my key to No Evasion Please ^_^ ~ Jay Constellars
oh
are you summoning kaus?
AHAHAHAHAHA
Atrax
myrmello
trap hole
and even if omega is out on the field
it's not negated
DNA
‎8‎:‎01‎ ‎PM omega doesn't negate
omega avoids
me
‎8‎:‎01‎ ‎PM waitwut
DNA
‎8‎:‎01‎ ‎PM You're thinking of Barkion
Omega's effect is that Constellars become unaffected by Spell/Trap effects
me
‎8‎:‎01‎ ‎PM SON
OF
A
BITCH

and that's why I wont post it yet

The archetype is just really slow. Slow decks just aren't very competitive. Bad players play everything, and yes there is a learning curve to any new deck. So I'm not sure if the deck is bad or nothing but bad players want to play them. I've beat them with my own fun/bad decks and the main stream ones just seem to crush them.

It's alright as a fun deck (if you consider setting and ending fun) but as a competitive deck I don't see the win factor. So far the poke and hide strategy has not been effective.

To me good decks should be able to consistently and quickly set up their ideal field and then win with them.

Oooooh, we got some big news here. More news and translations will be added throughout the day.
http://www.ygorganization.com/mar2014vj/

Interesting Points of Interesting Interest:
* A new monster type is debuting in The Duelist Advent: Genryuu, or Mythic Dragon. A new archetype, Dragonstar, is debuting to show off this type.
* The Shadoll archetype is based on Fusion monsters and appear to be puppets that look like other monsters, like Gusto Falco and Divine Grace Northwemko.
* HIPPOS.
* Supply Unit. Just...Supply Unit.

Hm. Zenmaity coming back? And Torrential at three? That's a little overkill imo. I guess they want to counter all of the swarming decks so it might make sense, but I'm a little hesitant to think that's necessary. DAD at two is a little scary as well. They seem to be pushing Chaos.

Supply Unit OP and dumb. This card is completely unnecessary.

Two DADs... This is going to be absurd.
Three Torrential... Now it's pretty clear. Next generation of YGO will consist of monsterless decks.

Monster:
Megarock Dragon
Metallizing Parasite - Soltite
Sand Gambler
Man-Eater Bug
2x Gilasaurus
Spell Recycler
4-Starred Ladybug
2x Des Mosquito
Mataza
KURIBOH
Hedge Guard
2x Gorgonic Golem
Marauding Captain
Necro Gardna
Vampire Koala
The Light - Hex-Sealed Fusion
Kycoo
2x Gorgonic Ghoul
Giant Soldier of Stone
Achacha Archer
Crane Crane
Goblindbergh
Legendary Jujitsu Master

Extra Deck:
Mira the Star-Bearer
Gorgonic Guardian
Fortune Tune
Wind-Up Zenmaines
Acid Golem

Spells:
2x Creature Swap
Mystic Box
Half Shut
MST
Dian Keto
Fiend's Sanctuary
XYZ Double Back
Scapegoat
Monster Slots
Spell Absorption
The Warrior Returning Alive

Traps:
Intrigue Shield
Gift of the Mystical Elf
Nutrient Z
Half Counter
Puzzle Reborn
2x Enchanted Javelin
Miracle's Wake
Spikeshield

I used this deck last night and destroyed a bad reaction OTK
my friend ended up punching me in the balls

I still won a silent victory

And the new list is LIVE!

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html

Don't feel like scrolling through? Here are the changes! I present to you all the format from April 1st to July 13th!

Forbidden:
Morphing Jar (Was Limited)
Morphing Jar #2 (Was Unlimited)

Limited:
Coach Soldier Wolfbark (Was Unlimited)
Mermail Abyssgunde (Was Unlimited)
Rekindling (Was Unlimited)
Infernity Barrier (Was Unlimited)

Semi-Limited:
Necroface (Was Limited)
Hieratic Seal of Convocation (Was Unlimited)

No longer limited:
Magical Stone Excavation (Was Semi-Limited)
Primal Seed (Was Limited)

Overall, I like this list. Necroface is my favorite card in the game, so seeing it bumped to 2 is awesome.

This banlist didn't really get a whole lot done in my opinion. Mermails are still strong, Tenki can still search the one Wolfbark, and...I guess Dark World doesn't get to open broken with Morphing Jar. I don't really think this did much at all. I like how Infernity Barrier and Rekindling got hit - those cards are way too annoying. Not sure how I feel about Primal Seed haha.

NECROFACE
FEEL THE BANISHED DECK
FEEL IT

Overall, I'm glad. My only affected deck is my water deck, but that's one of my lulsy decks.

Ban list is bad, end of story. The first month of the format will be very similar to this past one, and although it's diverse it's also stale and predictable. Two of the only reasons I like it are because the Dragon Rulers live and my favorite version of Mermails is still very much alive and kicking.

Glad to see Wolfbark go but there could have been many more things done.

After a lot of testing, I've come to the conclusion that Mermails indeed suffered a large blow when Gunde was limited. This killed the structure of the 4-Axis build involving Pike and Turge and severely hampered the Mermails' grind game (Teus cannot search and make a Rank 7 reliably without Tidal for example). Gunde was a major combo piece in this deck, and I believe simply replacing Gunde isn't possible. The deck's skeleton will require a large retooling, and as such I don't believe the deck to be tier 1 at the moment. It probably won't be. Due to the decline of the combo availability, Reckless and Upstart will start to lose steam and could be dropped, although I won't hesitate to keep them in Minis due to the giant combos they have without Gunde. Aqua Spirit and Salvage will probably see a rise in usage to make up for Gunde, though Archer won't because of its reliance on it. We're down on viable discard fodder also, so Leed will likely be dropped and possibly Megalo as well due to being a terrible draw in general (there's a reason it was played at one last format). Turge will probably be dropped to 1, as it was a bad early game draw before and will be moreso this format. But all of this is too much for the deck to play similarly to how it did before. The Mermails will need extensive repairs to be able to compete on the top level again imo, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Die Mermails! Die! I feel like they have been around and untouched for forever. The last time I remember feeling like this was with Wind-Ups. I really wish Mermails would have consisted of just things like Abysslinde and less freaky fish guys. After all I enjoy the Bermuda Triangle mermaids of Vanguard, and just mermaids in general. They should hit Spellbooks next.

Vivillon said:
Die Mermails! Die! I feel like they have been around and untouched for forever. The last time I remember feeling like this was with Wind-Ups. I really wish Mermails would have consisted of just things like Abysslinde and less freaky fish guys. After all I enjoy the Bermuda Triangle mermaids of Vanguard, and just mermaids in general. They should hit Spellbooks next.

Oh, on the contrary. They've been hit rather mercilessly the past three lists - they've just been overshadowed by the power creep of the Rulers and Spellbooks and have been able to circumvent the hits by adapting their playstyle - Mermails are among the most versatile archetypes I've ever seen. Now, I think they finally found the last hit to bring them down to level, and until they find a new way to adapt (which looks like after PRIO with Fincess/Angler/Doublefin), the new format will be pretty unkind to them.

Spellbooks are rather modest compared to the power creep we're about to see coming. They're just fine where they are, a slightly inconsistent mess of advantage and power plays.

Well, the effects of two Shadoll cards and another Shadoll monster (Shadoll Hedgehog) were revealed yesterday
I wonder if we'll get gun-based Equip Spells for Shadoll the Hedgehog.

Would anyone recommend the new Cyber Dragon deck? ovo I've been tempted to get a few and turn em into one deck. (I've got 2 cyber ends and a few of the other fusions )

TokenDuelist said:
Would anyone recommend the new Cyber Dragon deck? ovo I've been tempted to get a few and turn em into one deck. (I've got 2 cyber ends and a few of the other fusions )

Not even a little bit. If you ever leave anything named Cyber Dragon on your field they can just take your whole field and make a Chimeratech.

If they can even make Chimeratech haha. I don't know if all decks have Chimeratech in the Extra. System Down is a card that's getting popular (or has been) because Geargia/Karakuri is a thing. So that's not fun.

Back