The world ends tomorrow?

^lol. :D
I can tell you one thing about the Olypics here in Britain; they won't be half as good as the one in Beijing. :/
BTW the world obviously didn't end with that LHC thing. And chances are, it won't end anytime soon. So why are we still speculating this?

No, it's not- 2012 is a "significant" year (Olympics anyone?)

So according to you, every four years is significant?
Or is it just because it's being held in London?

Piplup 321 said:
^lol. :D
I can tell you one thing about the Olypics here in Britain; they won't be half as good as the one in Beijing. :/
BTW the world obviously didn't end with that LHC thing. And chances are, it won't end anytime soon. So why are we still speculating this?

No, it's not- 2012 is a "significant" year (Olympics anyone?)

So according to you, every four years is significant?
Or is it just because it's being held in London?

I think he means the Olympics may become the target of terorrists...

No, I didn't mean the Olypmics is the target of terrorists, I meant 2012 is a somewhat significant date (since it has the Olympics in it) so conspiracy theories are targeted at it...

There was a magazine that said the world would end on 9/11/08, but we're all still here. But then again, they said the same about 9/11/06 and 9/11/07. They even said a terrorist attack would take place on 11/9/05.

It may seem impossible that the Mayans could predict something like this accurately, but they were a very advanced civilazation. Perhaps even more so than we are.

Still, I believe we'll still be around on 12-22-2012, but again, that's because of religious views. Unless, however, we die BEFORE 2012. :F

That's quite possible...

But why should we care? We've got four more years before worrying :).

Well some people predicted 9/11, so I think a past civilization could easily predict a Doomsday.

dmaster out.

zyflair said:
That's quite possible...

But why should we care? We've got four more years before worrying :).

Four years goes by pretty quick, and it's a real small amount of time when compared to how long Earth has exsisted (whether you're atheist or religious, it's been around for a long time.)

How can atheists deny that the Earth was around for a long time?

Hey, I try to live by "Carpe Diem" and "Carpe Noctum". Its fun.

I'm just kidding btw. There's no way the world will end on December of 2012. Rememberk kiddies, the world ends with you.

"Carpe Diem" is a famous saying from a poem. It means, "Seize the day" and it's Latin. "Carpe Noctum" means "Seize the Night" and it's also in Latin. In school, did you ever see a movie called, "The Dead Poet Society"? That will explain "Carpe Diem" pretty well.

Okay they were ment to do the experiment 21st december 2008, but some liquid helium spilled out so it wont be ready till next year, they never planned to do the experiment in 2012...

We wouldn't notice anyway.... Besides this thread goes a gains my religion... who knows... maybe it'll be the rapture *Brrrr....*

Back