Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

hey I need help in a Fire Deck

Price Range £0 to £30

BREAKthrough Typhlosion is what you're looking for.

107139_200w.jpg

The concept of the deck is to include a bunch of energies (usually 20-30 from the decks I've seen) in order to have a high chance of discarding fire energies with Typholsion's first attack and doing a ton of cheap damage.

Here's a place to start:

Pokémon:
  • 4 Talonflame (Steam Siege)
  • 4 Cyndaquil (BREAKthrough)
  • 1-2 Quilava (BREAKthrough)
  • 4 Typhlosion (BREAKthrough)
Trainers:
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • x Skyla (to get Rare Candies)
Energy
  • 20-30 Fire Energy
STS Talonflame's ability allows it to be placed on the bench without evolving at the start of the game. Its attack does a small amount of damage but lets you search your deck for any 2 cards and put them in your hand. This could be used to grab a Rare Candy and a Typhlosion if you have a Cyndaquil benched which allows you to evolve it into Typhlosion on your next turn, or a Cyndaquil and something else if you don't have one benched.

All of the above can be purchased for (if I'm converting from USD correctly) about £20. You can search for Typhlosion decklists in order to find more trainers to complete the deck. (Don't add any more Pokémon, as that will only make the chances of a Talonflame start smaller.)

Good luck!

I cant decide what i want can you help?

My price range: $20-$30USD
I wanna buy a Kingdra Ex Box, a Lycanroc GX box, or a Sun and moon collecter chest

I only wanna buy one of them.

I cant decide what i want can you help?

My price range: $20-$30USD
I wanna buy a Kingdra Ex Box, a Lycanroc GX box, or a Sun and moon collecter chest

I only wanna buy one of them.

It really comes down to which promo(s) you like the most, which packs you want to open, and whether you're interested in the extras included with the Collector Chest.

Kingdra-EX Box: 1 Sun & Moon, 1 Steam Siege, 1 Fates Collide, 1 BREAKpoint
Lycanroc-GX Box: 2 Sun & Moon, 1 Fates Collide, 1 BREAKpoint
Sun & Moon Collector Chest: 2 Sun & Moon, 2 Steam Siege, 1 Fates Collide + 3 holo promos (Rowlet, Litten, Popplio) + assorted stationery items + mini-binder

Value wise, unless you like the extras and promos included with them, you can purchase all the packs included with any of the boxes plus one more if you were to purchase packs individually. (Lycanroc-GX box = $20 with 4 packs. 5 packs retailing for $4 each comes to $20.)

Price Range: £15-30
Looking for: Something or multiple things I can get a hold of in the UK, that gives me a decent selection of packs. Would be nice if some older sets were in there e.g BW sets, older XY sets.

Looking for a new binder/portfolio to house my growing full art collection (trying to collect all XY FA's). I currently have all my ultra rares in one of the pokemon 9 pocket portfolios and its getting pretty full and I'm probably looking for something a little bit nicer for the full arts. What binder or portfolio would you recommend?

Looking for a new binder/portfolio to house my growing full art collection (trying to collect all XY FA's). I currently have all my ultra rares in one of the pokemon 9 pocket portfolios and its getting pretty full and I'm probably looking for something a little bit nicer for the full arts. What binder or portfolio would you recommend?

You're probably looking for the Dex Protection Portfolio. Binder looks super posh, comes with protective pages on the front and back, and is lined with real velvet. Best thing too is the binder is very rigid so no worries of it getting bent out of shape easily. Price is pretty sweet too for what you get.

Edit: Here's a video reviewing the Dex Portfolio as well as some other binders. He does a lot of videos reviewing binders, card sleeves, and deck boxes (as well as plenty of mtg videos.)

Last edited:
You're probably looking for the Dex Protection Portfolio. Binder looks super posh, comes with protective pages on the front and back, and is lined with real velvet. Best thing too is the binder is very rigid so no worries of it getting bent out of shape easily. Price is pretty sweet too for what you get.

Edit: Here's a video reviewing the Dex Portfolio as well as some other binders. He does a lot of videos reviewing binders, card sleeves, and deck boxes (as well as plenty of mtg videos.)
Thank you! That looks perfect. Too bad black is sold out everywhere :/

Thank you! That looks perfect. Too bad black is sold out everywhere :/

yeah, the black is really classy. I personally got the blue one which looks pretty nice. The red band on the bright blue gives it a cool contrast.

Hey guys. So I've recently become addicted to buying/collecting Pokemon cards. I've already bought a box of Japanese SM2: Islands Waiting for You but I am not sure what to buy next. Should I buy the other expansion Moonlight of Alola or the English Guardians Rising? My head says Guardians Rising but I don't know what the average pulls are for a English box.

Hey guys. So I've recently become addicted to buying/collecting Pokemon cards. I've already bought a box of Japanese SM2: Islands Waiting for You but I am not sure what to buy next. Should I buy the other expansion Moonlight of Alola or the English Guardians Rising? My head says Guardians Rising but I don't know what the average pulls are for a English box.
From my experiences, English Boxes typically have fairly good pull rates. That said, and someone correct me if I'm wrong... we don't have a "set" pull rate for Pokemon TCG. Unlike a game like Cardfight Vanguard, for example, where the pull ratios are on the box (at least, they used to be. I could be wrong now), we don't have that, sadly.

That said, I'm sure bb will correct me. He's good at that. <3

-Asmer

Banner-What_Should_I_Buy_Thread.png

Welcome to the What Should I Buy Thread! Here you may ask for advice about which product/cards you should buy. When posting in this thread, list your price range and what product(s) you have your eye on, to give other members a better idea of what you're willing to purchase. Some examples of things members often ask about are "What product should I buy to get X card?" or "Which set should I get a booster box of?" or "Which metagame deck should I buy the cards for?".

This. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/-/252869624564? It is going to be worth hundreds within a month or two so I'd get one now if possible

This. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/-/252869624564? It is going to be worth hundreds within a month or two so I'd get one now if possible
Not necessarily right now you can get that for around $18 USD (17 EUR) but I don't see it going up too much definitely not hundreds especially since Mewtwo Y as a Pokemon tends to be more popular
The average SM box has 4 GXs 1 GX full art and 0-3 Wild Cards*

*Wild cards are Full art trainers, Secret Rare items, and Rainbow rare GXs

best Competitive TCG Deck for under £30
As of right now no 'Competitive' decks are that cheap, however there are rogue decks like Yanmega BREAK, Greninja BREAK, and Typhlosion that are very cheap

Price Range: ~$50 USD
Looking for Feraligatr cards, which ones are considered to be the rarest or best for collectors?

Price Range: ~$50 USD
Looking for Feraligatr cards, which ones are considered to be the rarest or best for collectors?
Looking at TCGPlayer, Dark Feraligatr is the highest price-wise, sitting at 35 USD Market Price Average.

Hope this helps!

-Asmer

Back