The Truth (Reuniclus/Vileplume/Attackers) Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Kyurem is the better play for this deck. It isn't weak tkamything except cobalion and Gigas dies worse to that. One Gigas would still help though

iisnumber12 said:
I think that Kyurem is the better play for this deck. It isn't weak tkamything except cobalion and Gigas dies worse to that. One Gigas would still help though

Cobalion is very popular card this format, and may see more play because of resisting Mewtwo EX. When a Mewtwo EX is all tanked up, Cobalion can 2hko it while Mewtwo only gets 20 extra damage off of Cobalion (resistance included). Gigas isn't ohko'd by Cobalion. As I said, the best option would be Groudon, but since it is not being released we'll have to use what we've got.

Glaceon said:
Cobalion is very popular card this format, and may see more play because of resisting Mewtwo EX. When a Mewtwo EX is all tanked up, Cobalion can 2hko it while Mewtwo only gets 20 extra damage off of Cobalion (resistance included). Gigas isn't ohko'd by Cobalion. As I said, the best option would be Groudon, but since it is not being released we'll have to use what we've got.

But, Mewtwo decks run a lot of swich to start off with so the attack lock won't really hurt them. Cobalion also gets OHKOed if Mewtwo has 4-5 energy on it. Groudon takes too long to set up to be an effective counter

iisnumber12 said:
But, Mewtwo decks run a lot of swich to start off with so the attack lock won't really hurt them. Cobalion also gets OHKOed if Mewtwo has 4-5 energy on it. Groudon takes too long to set up to be an effective counter

ok, Mewtwo decks do, but we are not talking about that. We are talking about The Truth. The reason that Kyurem-EX is not good in this deck is because of Cobalion.

I have no clue what you are trying to say about how this relates to The Truth.

Glaceon said:
ok, Mewtwo decks do, but we are not talking about that. We are talking about The Truth. The reason that Kyurem-EX is not good in this deck is because of Cobalion.

I have no clue what you are trying to say about how this relates to The Truth.

The post before ^this one is a little off topic I'll admit. But, what I'm saying is that all other EXs have just as bad a chance against cobalion ad Kyurem EX. It just hits for different weakness.

iisnumber12 said:
The post before ^this one is a little off topic I'll admit. But, what I'm saying is that all other EXs have just as bad a chance against cobalion ad Kyurem EX. It just hits for different weakness.

All attackers out there technically have a problem with Cobalion. The only option is Dodrio, and I have seen it work in Gothitelle, but I doubt it could work in the deck.

Lets just agree to disagree, really. :) It all comes down to personal preference of which 180 HP EX you want. Some people may even use Reshiram/Zekrom to use with his first attack.

I give it 5 stars, as before I never even knew what The Truth was, other than it was a powerful meta-deck. Descriptions are in depth, lots of possibilities for customization, and a strategy gone through in depth. Good job!

Just pointing out Kyurem EX doesn't get ohko'd by Coballion like the OP says, he has 180 hp so he would have 20 left after an ironbreaker. It has the same energy costs on its attacks as Gigas (save for typings) so Mewtwo can't really be a huge argument there, especially when you say that Gigas is useful against Mewtwo; but there is nothing that can type advantage ohko it in this format, where as Donphan and Terrakion can ohko Gigas. Also, the idea behind Gigas just seems to contradict the truth imo. He has to put himself in danger of ohkos constantly to do heavy damage, otherwise he has to rely on 2hkoing something through his first attack. Kyurem EX does the same thing, but doesn't have to risk getting ohko'd by anything but Magnezone and Mewtwo, which Gigas has to deal with as well. On top of that Gigas needs DCE to function well, Kyurem needs 1 DCE and then water, rainbow or prism, which I think we can all agree is easier to get out.

Of course building your Truth is based mostly around local meta and playstyle so Gigas might do better for you, but just my opinion that Kyurem should be given more attention than he is getting. It gives you a ReshEX counter and can do well against most of the meta as well. Also I think Resh/Zek are at least plausible choices becuse of the {type}{C}{C} cost for their first attacks and 180 hp, you don't have to use their second attack, but you could at least try with Reshiram if you need it and be just as safe as you would with Gigas using your outrage attack against other EXs.

Captain Oats said:
Just pointing out Kyurem EX doesn't get ohko'd by Coballion like the OP says, he has 180 hp so he would have 20 left after an ironbreaker.That is why the first attack would be used. It has the same energy costs on its attacks as Gigas (save for typings) so Mewtwo can't really be a huge argument there, especially when you say that Gigas is useful against Mewtwo; but there is nothing that can type advantage ohko it in this format, where as Donphan and Terrakion can ohko Gigas. I said it is your choiceAlso, the idea behind Gigas just seems to contradict the truth imo. He has to put himself in danger of ohkos constantly to do heavy damage, otherwise he has to rely on 2hkoing something through his first attack. Self damage doesn't make it easier for any Pokémon (save Mewtwo) that is popular to ko GigasKyurem EX does the same thing, but doesn't have to risk getting ohko'd by anything but Magnezone and Mewtwo Seld damage wouldn't be an issue with Mewtwo, and Gigas uses one less energy to attack, meaning the same amount of energy is necessary for Mewtwo to ko Gigas and Kyurem, which Gigas has to deal with as well. On top of that Gigas needs DCE to function well, Kyurem needs 1 DCE and then water, rainbow or prism, which I think we can all agree is easier to get out. Gigas can do more damage than Gigas for a DCE and a Prism than Kyurem can. Also, you won't attach the last energy until you have to.

Added responses in.

Can this deck work without Tropical Beach? I have to accept the fact that I am unable to get one, so my list doesn't run any.

The Aura Is With Me 8 said:
Can this deck work without Tropical Beach? I have to accept the fact that I am unable to get one, so my list doesn't run any.

Yes, it definitely can. I chose not to run it because my list is faster, but a little less inconsistent.

I think Tropical Beach will be a hard play now that SAB is getting rampant. Not saying stadium wars will be back but running counter stadiums would be very much common if SAB becomes more vital to certain top decks. I personally don't have Beach but a 4/4 Sages/Twins line with some Junipers, PONTs or Ns really boosts consistency.

Whats everyones opinion of a Truth variant at states? I've been debating it and I'm worried I will be way out sped.

Brendan said:
Whats everyones opinion of a Truth variant at states? I've been debating it and I'm worried I will be way out sped.

Honestly, I wouldn't play The Truth at States, IMO, the metagame hasn't formed enough to justify running it right now; sure it's a meta counter deck, but how can you counter a metagame that hasn't formed yet?

The way I've seen the meta is electric,electric,more electric, and Mewtwo. That being said I do agree it's kinda up for grabs as to what will be showcased at states.

The Aura Is With Me 8 said:
Honestly, I wouldn't play The Truth at States, IMO, the metagame hasn't formed enough to justify running it right now; sure it's a meta counter deck, but how can you counter a metagame that hasn't formed yet?
Zekeels, Magneel, MTC, and Durant are the 4 defined best decks atm.

I really liked the article!!! I tested out my own Truth EX deck and found 1 kyurem EX very helpful against Reshiboar. It pretty much won the game for me. Shaymin EX, IMO, is also really good and got me 3 prize cards in one of the games I played. Its just my opinion though. I also surprisingly usually didn't have a need for regigigas because of its high hp. In my deck I used to run 2 but changed it to 1. I think it was just the decks I played though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back