The Tier List (HS-BW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

win

Returning Player
Hey everyone! I thought it might be a good idea to make a list of all the projected metagame decks for HGSS-on and a simple description of them. This should help people with their playtesting, strategist stuff, and the like. It should also help new/returning players (such as myself) get a feel for what decks are around.

I wanted to organize it into the best 5 or 6 decks into a top tier (Tier 1), then all of the more average decks and counters and stuff in Tier 2, then all the other decks and rouges in Tiers 3 and 4.

I'm starting the list with a few of the decks I know about so far, then you guys can post your opinions and/or more decks. I'll edit the list if enough people agree it should be changed.

Also, please try to avoid theorymon as much as possible and rely on actual testing as much as possible. Thanks!

Tier 1:
Black Out (Zekrom with Pachirisu, Shaymin and Yanmega)
White Out (Reshiram with Emboar or Typhlosion and techs)
DonChamp (Donphan Prime/Machamp Prime)
Magnezone variants (Emboar, Pachirisu, etc)

Tier 2:
Gengar (Gengar Prime with techs and Lost World)
Chiccino with various techs
Jumpluff
Samuratt
Tyranitar
Donphan/Yanmega

Tier 3:
Gengar (Forms other than Mewgar)
Steelix
Seperior/Reuniclus
Feraligatr/Blastoise
Feraligatr with other water types
Kingdra with various attackers

Tier 4:
Scizor Prime with techs
Blastoise/Floatzel
Lanturn Prime

Note that each tier is not in a particular order

Please make suggestions for corrections, additions, subtractions, etc

RE: The Tier List HGSS-on

Pretty nice list you have there. Definitely helpful for the newer players. My suggestions would be moving Magnezone Variants up to tier 1 as they're the most popular and likely to do well this format. I also think you should drop Steelix to tier 3 or 4 because it's not likely to me very good with all of the fire decks roaming around. My last suggestion would be moving Gengar down a tier or 2 because I really don't think it will be a top contender in this format because of it's slight lack of speed and little to no damage output.

Other than that I think your list is pretty good. I'll check back here if I have any other comments to make. =)

Okay thanks for the contributions. I actually agree with you for the most part, except for on the Gengar. Sure it can't do any damage but it can get its win condition fairly fast for the most part in basically any deck that has more than like 12 Pokemon. It can use Seeker to return your opponent's Pokemon to their hand and then Gengar can lost zone them. I agree it's not the BDIF or anywhere close to it but I think it's better than a lot of the decks and fairly fast.

But yeah if a few more people agree with you then I'll change that and I think I'll go ahead and and change the other stuff now.

Here's my Tier List for HGSS-On (Post - Emerging Powers):

Tier 1:

* DonChamp (Donphan Prime/Machamp Prime)
* MewGar (Mew Prime/Gengar Prime/Lost World)
* MagneBoar (Magnezone Prime/Emboar (Ability))
* ZPS (Zekrom/Pachirisu/Shaymin) a.k.a. Black Out
* ReshiBoar (Reshiram/Emboar (Ability)/Rayquaza/Deoxys LEGEND)
a.k.a White Out
* KyuraliGatr (Kyurem/Feraligatr Prime)

Tier 2:

* LostCario (Lucario CoL/Mew Prime/Relicanth CoL/Absol Prime)
* Dark Cappuccino (Zoroark/Cincinno)
* MegaPluff (Yanmega Prime/Jumpluff)
* MegaPhan Control (Yanmega Prime/Donphan Prime/Slowking HGSS/CoL)
* Liquid Burner (Magmortar UL/Emboar (Ability)/Shuckle Promo)
* CinPluff (Cincinno/Jumpluff)
* BearPlume (Beartic/Vileplume)

Tier 3:

* Blastoise/Floatzel (Blastoise UL/Floatzel UL)
* Ampharos Prime variants (sleeper deck possibly)
* MegaBi (Meganium Prime/Celebi Prime)
* Mandra (Mandibuzz/Kingdra Prime)
* AmphaBuzz (Ampharos Prime/Mandibuzz)

Tier 4:

* Tyranitar Toolbox (Tyranitar Prime/Mandibuzz/Zoroark/Umbreon)
* Healix (Steelix Prime/Blissey Prime)

It seems we have very similar lists overall. I don't think Mew will be used all though, given its rediculously low HP and the fact you can just use attacks on the Pokemon themselves, except with what is probably an HP that lasts more than a turn. Haven't actually tested with it though.

Also, I don't think Yanmega Prime will be used with Donphan considering that it would lack a way to do a lot of damage and you have to change your list a lot to make sure Yanmega can consistently attack with no energy. People who want to run Donphan will probably see that Machamop is the better option and run that over Yanmega.

I know misnos a Pokemon TCG Player who has his own YouTube channel did post a video playtesting Donphan/Yanmega and from what I understand it seems to work pretty well with a Slowking HGSS/CoL tech for top deck control. Mime Jr. would of been funny as well, just Lost Zone their Top decks with
Slowking's Second Sight plus Mime Jr. is searchable with Dual Ball and Collector.

Machamp Prime is a good partner to run with Donphan Prime however Donphan Prime is also great in Blastoise/Floatzel to be able to get around ZPS (Zekrom/Pachirisu/Shaymin) due to Fighting Type
Advantage. Post-Emerging Powers though I think Blastoise/Floatzel is going to see a drop in playability no thanks to Pokemon Catcher.

As for Mew Prime, you'd be amazed how useful it is in this format. Anything that sends cards to the Lost Zone be it MewGar and LostCario gets a great benefit from Mew Prime despite it's low HP. It can cover for Type Advantage, swing heavy, retreats for free, makes a decent Starter Pokemon though Cleffa is the preffered choice IMO. You can even get it back with Revive, Rescue Energy, and Flower Shop Lady.

I made some changes to the Tier list for HGSS-On to reflect what it might look like
Post-Black/White: Emerging Powers which is our next expansion after Worlds 2011.
In contrast it could be very different but I have a gut feeling it could be similiar to what I have posted.

Well I guess I'll add Donphan/Yanmega to the list but I'll leave it as Tier 3 for now until I have time to test it a little.

I'd say tier 1 should be like this:

Tier 1:
Zekromega (Zekrom with Pachirisu, Shaymin, Yanmega and various techs)
Reshiboar (Reshiram and Emboar with techs)
Typhloram (Typhlosion and Reshiram with techs
Gengar (Gengar Prime with Spiritomb, Mime jr., slowking and Lost World)
Magneboar (Magnezone and Emboar with techs)
KyureGatr (Kyurem and Feraligatr with techs)

It's annoying how ppl seem to underestimate TyphloRam in this forum... It's really good, those dmg counters don't matter much if using afterburner wisely.

I dont think LostGar will be top tier and I don't think KyureGatr will be top tier never mind Kyurem hasn't been released yet...

Tier 1:

Tier 1:
ZPS (Zekrom with Pachirisu, Shaymin, Yanmega and various techs)
Reshiram Varients (Reshiram and Emboar/Typhlosion)

LostGar is not Tier 1. Maybe Tier 2.5. I tested it and its really inconsistant. It almost never wins.

Where is Samurott? Without Feraligatr or anything else. Straight Samurott is a great deck.

glaceon said:
Tier 1:

Tier 1:
ZPS (Zekrom with Pachirisu, Shaymin, Yanmega and various techs)
Reshiram Varients (Reshiram and Emboar/Typhlosion)

LostGar is not Tier 1. Maybe Tier 2.5. I tested it and its really inconsistant. It almost never wins.

mewgar is tier 1 though...its super fast

and i disagree muchly :p cinccino is a tier 1 deck. it can go toe to toe with most decks and disrupts set up like no ones business

MewGar maybe tier 1 or tier 2, but lostgar is not it is too slow to set up a gengar and lost world as well as getting 6 pokemon there.

Well it seems like a lot of people agree on it, so I'll change Gengar to Mewgar in tier 1 and put Gengar in tier 3.

6-Dimension said:
Where is Samurott? Without Feraligatr or anything else. Straight Samurott is a great deck.

This.

Also, RDL is great. Machamp/Reuniclus is tier two for sure.

Okay I'll add Saumarut as Tier 2 for now... I'll have to research it for a little, but a few people have mentioned it now. I might move it later after playtesting more and stuff.

People playing Tyranitar decks wrong if it's that low tier and samurott decks defo ain't T2. I easily beat them with Tyranitar, Serpelord and TyphloRam decks lol.

Tyranitar Prime is the dark horse of this format when you think about it. It has no draw power support that I know of, and it has no really good way to get multiple energy drops. Because of that, setup at least in my experience can be kind of slow. However, it can also OHKO pretty much anything else in the meta with a couple special dark energy, and can take a lot of hits with 160 HP. It could easily be tier 2.

Well I think the idea behind it is to spread more than damage. However, I'll move it up to Tier 2. Let me know if anybody disagrees.

Almost spot on list. I'd include Lanturn prime in tier 3.

Oh, and Zoroark is pretty good rogue, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back