The Smashers ~ Check Out Discussion Thread! - Lock please

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Smashers ~ Tier List Discussion is Underway! Check out Post #59 for details.

@GuiltySpark no offense, but you obviously haven't seen any competitive play. Ganon and CF is in no way better than Wario, and Falco. Have you seen the combos Falco can pull off?
Meta Knight
Diddy Kong
Falco
Snake
Marth
Ice Climbers
Olimar
Wario
Pikachu
King Dedede
Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Mr. Game and Watch
Fox
Wolf
Peach
Donkey Kong
Kirby
ROB
Pit
Sonic
Sheik
Ike
Luigi
Ness
Yoshi
Pokemon Trainer
Mario
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Samus
Zelda
Jigglypuff
Link
Ganondorf

I took Bippa's list and moved link down two, CF up two, Shiek up one, Ice Climbers up one, King Dedede up two, and Falco up one.

RE: The Smashers ~ Tier List Discussion is Underway! Check out Post #59 for details.

DE, you mentioned usage stats. Well, I did find some 2011 usage stats. They are in this spoiler tag:

Meta Knight: 1224
Diddy Kong: 324
Snake: 489
Falco: 318
Marth: 375
Wario: 245
Ice Climbers: 178
Olimar: 184
Pikachu: 167
Lucario: 203
King Dedede: 142
Zero Suit Samus: 161
Mr. Game and Watch: 171
Toon Link: 158
Fox: 132
Wolf: 118
Peach: 168
Donkey Kong: 120
Kirby: 182
ROB: 161
Pit: 114
Sonic: 105
Ike: 95
Luigi: 93
Sheik: 55
Ness: 47
Yoshi: 128
Pokemon Trainer: 39
Lucas: 68
Mario: 96
Bowser: 31
Samus: 37
Captain Falcon: 26
Link: 66
Jigglypuff: 35
Zelda: 42
Ganondorf: 28

@ hipoke I based it off of experience. The only high tier one I get beaten by is diddy kong sometimes but that's all that happens to me. I guess there aren't any good brawl players at my school. XD

Um, what? Ice Climbers and Game & Watch are the last two? Ganondorf higher than Falco? Ice Climbers is one of the best characters in the game, since some infinites off of them.

Don't worry gliscor that's just my tier list. My guess is hipoke is right I haven't fought enough good people. The problem is my Internet connection is too slow to play online.

@Guilty Spark:There are plenty of ways besides online, if you look it up, you'll find plenty of tourneys near you
Meta Knight
Diddy Kong
Snake
Falco
Ice Climbers
Wario
Pikachu
Olimar
Marth
Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
Fox
Mr. Game & Watch
Toon Link
Peach
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Pit
Wolf
Sonic
Kirby
R.O.B.
Luigi
Sheik/Zelda
Ike
Sheik
Jigglypuff
Ness
Yoshi
Pokémon Trainer
Lucas
Mario
Bowser
Samus
Link
Zelda
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
My tier list is a little odd, and I might change mine a little, but this is my thought of it right now

Well.... I don't have very much competitive experience.... but why is everyone placing Sonic and Pit so darn low? Sonic is insanely fast, has excellent recovery, and has serveral extremely hard hitting attacks. Pit has the ever trolling sheild, great recovery, and sopme pretty hard hitting attacks.

In Japan, Pit is #4, in America, he sucks. His play style here doesn't fit the metagame. Sonic, well, oddly, can be one of the most debatable characters. He has arguably the best recovery in the game, and amazing combos, but, he's left with 3 major problems.
1. Yes, he can RUN fast, but most of his moves, not so much. A lot of his moves are a little slow, or predictable. Example, when he charges a b-side or b-down, it's kind of easy to know, "hey, I need to shield"
2. He can't kill for his life. His only killing moves are all slow, except maybe for his back air.
Although, Sonic is actually a favorite of many pros, he is a very good characters, he just has to many flaws

Like DE, I don't know much about competitive Brawling, so I won't be able to really participate in discussion. I'm surprised Toon Link isn't doing well though.

Toon Link is actually doing very well, in the current tier list, he is #14, and the last character in high tier.
Their isn't much wrong with Toon Link, he just isn't as good as other characters. His only real problems is his short range, and a little easy to kill

Toon Link has short range with his bombs, boomerang, and arrows? That doesn't make much sense...

No, but you're only looking at his 3 projectiles. Look at every other move, like the moves he combos, and kills with.

It's not really that he has short range, but his long range attacks suck. I mean, who's going to let him shoot an arrow that doesn't do much damage anyway? And the bomb, well, it's an OK projectile, but it can hurt himself too. The boomerang is actually OK.

EDIT: Wow, double ninja'd, never mind, I agree with jirachinick.

I put sonic at the top because I can kill with him and he's hard to kill. Also toon link is fast, powerful, and resourceful so that's why I put him high. I think most of mine are self explanitory.

G&W being bottom isn't self explanatory to me.

Anyway, since Bippa wants me to post my list:

Meta Knight
Snake
Marth
Diddy Kong
Wario
Falco
Pikachu
Toon Link
Olimar
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Lucario
Fox
Mr. Game and Watch
Zero Suit Samus (Sorry, I never knew how to play as ZSS, so i'm just assuming.)
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Wolf
Pit
ROB
Peach
Sonic
Sheik
Captain Falcon
Ike
Samus
Yoshi
Ness
Luigi
Mario
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Bowser
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff

@ tyraniking I never seemed to be able to do anything with him it just didn't work with my playstyle.
I have a question though, how can zero suit samus be better that samus?

Zero Suit Samus is faster, has better recovery, she's lighter, and she has more kill moves than Samus.

Samus can't kill, has terrible recovery, easily predictable.
Zero Suit Samus has beautiful combos, great defensive game, and Nick Riddle does amazing things with her(best ZSS in country/world)

Really because I can't kill with ZSS but I kill easily with regular samus.

ZSS can kill with bair, fair, uair, side-b, and down-b, at really good percentages. She can easily combo into almost all of these.
Samus has a fully charge beam, and dair(which can only spike)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back