The Set Rotation Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
trainer lock via spiritomb is very important to stop sable donk. And to slow down ALOT of other decks.. Especially stage 2's. Collector, darkness grace, next turn elm's training method, darkness grace another one, then training method again and then if spiritomb is gone, rare candy and you have 2 stage 2's, and a stage 1 out turn 2. That's the only real deck structure that really does well with spiritomb. But with the new rules, you will have to in order to avoid the donk.. Since most basics that evolve have 60HP to start.

Doesn't Regi Move kill Spiritomb unless they have another on the bench? The odds are very slim and most of the time Sableye will ALWAYS win going first because of how broken Overeager is. Yeah have fun losing before you get to enter your draw phase at the start of the game. Ragequit FTL?

I know one of my friends is wanting to build SableDonk after he dominated so much with MewPerior, knowing the matchup If he does run that deck he will win almost 100% of the time with the right cards in deck (pretty much what J-Wittz was running in his demonstration including the Victory Medals).

SableDonk is the Yata Lock of Pokemon, If anyone remembers that deck that's played Yu-Gi-Oh! in the past you know what I'm talking about. Spirit Monsters can't be blocked, Yata-Garasu discards a card from their hand everytime it directly deals damage, everytime it deals damage the opponent skips their draw step. GG?

it really depends on the list.. If you're referring to J-wittz's video, you'll also notice that he didn't run regice or collector. He used poke drawers, pokedex handy's, victory medals, and dual balls to get his pokemon out, and regice is specific to a spiritomb start. If you're going to donk, you donk. It's not designed to do what if's, and adding that stuff just decreases consistency. What happens if they have 3 sp and 4 power spray in their opening hand? I heard it happened at states vs someone running a regigigas deck. Then they top decked a PONT. And went nutz on gigas.. It's already posted that there won't be a rotation before nats. So sable donks will be a thorn in the side of everyone, but it's still beatable. Which is probably why they didn't rotate mid season.

carlitosbob said:
it really depends on the list.. If you're referring to J-wittz's video, you'll also notice that he didn't run regice or collector. He used poke drawers, pokedex handy's, victory medals, and dual balls to get his pokemon out, and regice is specific to a spiritomb start. If you're going to donk, you donk. It's not designed to do what if's, and adding that stuff just decreases consistency. What happens if they have 3 sp and 4 power spray in their opening hand? I heard it happened at states vs someone running a regigigas deck. Then they top decked a PONT. And went nutz on gigas.. It's already posted that there won't be a rotation before nats. So sable donks will be a thorn in the side of everyone, but it's still beatable. Which is probably why they didn't rotate mid season.

How could this have happened at states when first turn Trainers aren't legal for another 4 days???

Sorry mis-interpreted what you said, thought you where talking in context of stopping a sabledonk deck at states

no worries. but that would really be the only way to stop the donk.. power spray uxie's setup, then attack Sableye for any amount of damage. or spiritomb start. although they can still somewhat get around that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back