Finished The Resistance Game 1 - Spies Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Resistance Game 1 - Round 4

GM DracLord said:
Sorry i meant kecleon-x

Sorry, you've chosen me now!

Just to get this game finished quickly, that's enough votes. Start sending in succeeds or fails, you guys. What will I do? I'll flip a coin! :)

Yeah, why not. Voting YES.

oh ninja'd. anyway putting Celever on was pretty funny xD

rev3rsor said:
Yeah, why not. Voting YES.

oh ninja'd. anyway putting Celever on was pretty funny xD

I seriously forget he was the host..

Anyway celever regardless of the coin please vote mission succeed

Also, as I've been playing quite a lot on the website (resonline), can I request a googledoc be made to show people's voting history, leadership, whos on a mission etc.

Mainly because I'm mlg pro now and know how to work with these kinds of statistics.

yeah i meant that as a joke, sorry if it came across wrong :p

WanderingWolf said:
Kecleon-X said:
What about we just push through the next mission, regardless? We get to finish the game, at least, seeing as it is the final round, and we could even have a chance, albeit a small one, of actually winning! ;)

Kecleon, weren't you the one who wanted to push through this mission? Dont bloody prolong the inevitable.

You betcha! But Celever is a wolf. Clearly. I know 'cause I'm Merlin. XP

Also, just a few tips for both the host, spies, and resistance:

Host:

- Have a hammer. Basically, if we reject the mission five times, the spies automatically win. So, if myself, PMJ, Drac and TheGuy all put up a mission and get rejected, then we must accept MTC's mission otherwise the spies instantly win. Thats just an example.

- Have a better ratio of spies to resistance. 4 and 6 with a mission requiring six players isn't good. Either have 3 and 6 as the ratio, or have the following mission numbers:
3:4:4;5*:5

- That asterisk. It means that that mission needs two spies to fail it. Otherwise, the mission succeeds. It helps resistance, and balances the game.

- Have an organised Google document. Please. Makes the game so much easier when you know what you're doing with the information.

Resistance:

- The best tactic for the first two missions is this:
**For a mission consisting of two: choose yourself, and the person after the next leader. Approve (its early game, just approve the damn thing), and continue to mission 2. For mission 2, the next leader should choose himself and and the two people from mission 1. Best case scenario: it succeeds and you've found 3 resistance. Worst case scenario: It fails, and you have a normal game of resistance.

**For a mission consisting of three: Choose yourself, the person after the next leader, and then the next person. Same process.

All round, that tactic will come out with one of four possibilities:
- You found three/four resistance
- You got one fail. Normal game of The Resistance
- You got two fails. The 3rd best possibility.
- You get three fails. Instantly win for resistance. The best one.

- Know your players. If someone is using a different playstyle to before, something is different. Most likely their role. If they were quiet and shy before, and now they're loud and aggressive, something has changed.

- Got nothing else for you lol. If there's 7 or more players, claim Percival in Avalon theme. helps the game a lot.

Spies:

The most important one for communication:
- If a spy is on Mission1, and it succeeds, then you (a spy) and that other spy are on mission2, you (the new guy) MUST MUST MUST fail it. The other guy MUST MUST MUST succeed it. Otherwise, no communication happens and you could succeed/double fail it.

Unless of course you guys have like code going on there or something. But, the above works without letting anyone on.

- Be Resistance. Here's an example: If you're on M1, with one other person, and you fail the mission. You now have to KNOW that the other person is spy. Because otherwise, you've just resigned.
Every mission suggest that that person is on, reject it. Object to a mission with that person on it, just don't reject in a hammer. Then people know you're spy.

- Hit hard and fast. Simple. If you get the first two missions failed, then the resistance is up against the wall. They literally have to get it perfect if they want to win. And that's hard to do with 7+ people, 3 of which are spies.

Also, to everyone, lie and deceive. Especially in Avalon. If you're Merlin, act like you don't know who the spies are. Put them on missions, say a different person is spy. Don't let them catch you. If you're Mordred, claim Percival. No one will know you're lying but Percival himself. If you're Oberon, use the logic above. If you're Percival, don't claim Percival UNTIL YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO.

-----

And then, we should all be pro players and not complete nubs. Again, Avalon theme next round pls.

Also, before you say the spies, Celever, give me a few hours to get back onto my computer and guess them. Preferably.

WanderingWolf said:
Also, before you say the spies, Celever, give me a few hours to get back onto my computer and guess them. Preferably.

Lol I've only had one person actually send in success or failure 9.9.

Can I just ask, though: Why do I need a google doc? I just vote sometimes, and if I think I'll forget however many there were I just post a little vote count. I'll put the stats and history together when I get home, though.

Celever said:
WanderingWolf said:

Can I just ask, though: Why do I need a google doc? I just vote sometimes, and if I think I'll forget however many there were I just post a little vote count. I'll put the stats and history together when I get home, though.

Don't worry about a google spreadsheet (sorry, spreadsheet is what I meant) for this game. No point in wasting your time doing that. I mean next game.

Basically, have all of our names on the first column. Then, on the second have mission 1.1. Put the leader in either white or black colour, (white if the leader approved, black if the leader rejected), with everyone else red or green. Then, have 'On Mission' in each box for the people on the mission.

So on for mission 1.2, 2.4, 3.5 etc. whatever. I'll post an example in about an hour to explain the layout.

WanderingWolf said:
Celever said:

Don't worry about a google spreadsheet (sorry, spreadsheet is what I meant) for this game. No point in wasting your time doing that. I mean next game.

Basically, have all of our names on the first column. Then, on the second have mission 1.1. Put the leader in either white or black colour, (white if the leader approved, black if the leader rejected), with everyone else red or green. Then, have 'On Mission' in each box for the people on the mission.

So on for mission 1.2, 2.4, 3.5 etc. whatever. I'll post an example in about an hour to explain the layout.

Oh yeah, I remember now. I really haven't played the resistance online for a while, but I do know what you mean at this point.

The only problem is that it would be rather tenacious to do manually, and fairly unneeded. I might try it next game, but I can't see it sticking.

Edit: Actually, on second thought it would be really helpful for you guys lol.

Also James, I'm going to play some resistance now, so come in if you want and see how the host plays! >_>

Sure, I only play Avalon though. Also, mah picks for spies:

Keeper of Night, Machamp The Champion, Kecleon-X, Porygon-X

I was literally completely thrown off by Machamp's reads (why do you doubt yourself on EVERYTHING! "I think he's spy, but I could be wrong." "My guess he's spy, but I wouldn't be surprised it he ended up resistance.") so yeah, probably majorly failed this. Then again, I suck at big games. I usually play 5-7 player games online :p

That mission was a FAILURE. Dr. Detective says that there was a total of 3 sabotage attempts on the mission. He criticizes GM Draclord for his poor execution.

I got tails on my coin flip, but I guess it didn't matter! :p

OK, so the spies were, ranked from LVP -- MVP:
GM Draclord, Porygon-X, MTC, rev3rsor!

Good going guys!

Reasoning for LVP -- MVP placement:
GM Draclord was rooted out as a spy very early on in the game, yet remained active. For the time that Porygon-X played, he played very well, but I hate inactivity, so he came 3rd. MTC had scrutiny at several individual times, but he managed to brush off the accusations. Nevertheless, several people still believe that he was a spy. rev3rsor, however, was active for the majority of the game and fell under little scrutiny. He wasn't picked for many teams, but no distrust was ever really cast towards him. He flew under the radar perfectly, and as such he is MVP for the spies IMO.

CONGRATULATIONS SPIES!

OK I'll start a new game of Avalon now...

MODS SHOULD I CONTINUE IN THIS THREAD OR MAKE A NEW ONE?
I really don't know the policy about this kind of thing...

RE: The Resistance Game 1 - GAME OVER SPIES WIN

Good game! :)

@Celever: You can make a new thread for the new game.

It's easier for players to see that a game is in sign-ups and to follow along if you make a new thread, plus there's no confusion about the old game getting confused with the new game. People are generally more hesitant about joining something if the thread already has several pages of discussion in it.

Good game everyone! Looking forward to some Avalon. :D

I've posted the other thread (over an hour ago now lol) but it is yet to have been approved. Everyone wait suspensively and eagerly! 6 slots are open, who will make the cut? :O

(At least the Assassin didn't kill me) :p

Good game, guys! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back