Finished The Resistance Game 1 - Spies Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

Wheeeee~
(Approved by Athena)

The Resistance was a card game which became immediately popular among its release. It already has a website you can play in for experience, and has worked in the past as a forum game. Oh, look what sub-forum I'm in...

1) Players are put into 2 teams - spies and the resistance.

2) Players take turns choosing who should go on an "endeavour". The team who wins the most "endeavours" by the end of the game wins.

3) Every round a different number of users must embark on an endeavour. In a standard 6 player game the setup will be as follows:
2 Spies
4 Resistance
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 3 | 4 |
Each number represents the amount of users who must embark on the endeavour.

4) Players vote on a setup they like. So, in a game of Bob, Steve, Julie, Dayton, Isabelle and Inca, one round would play like this:
1] Bob suggests for Bob and Dayton to go on the endeavour.
2] Bob votes "yes", while Steve, Julie, Dayton, Isabelle and Inca all vote "no". Bob and Dayton do not embark, and now Steve chooses a team.
3] Steve suggests for Steve and Inca to go on the endeavour.
4] Bob and Isabelle vote "no", while Steve, Julie, Dayton and Inca all vote "yes".
5] Steve and Inca vote either "success" or "fail". For the mission to succeed, all players must vote for "success". For the mission to fail, only one player has to vote "fail".

5) A successful mission gives the resistance that round, a failed mission gives it to the spies. The team which gets to 3 rounds in their favour wins the whole game, and we start again.

6) There are also some roles, which I will introduce should Pokebeach get a good grasp on this game.

7) Just to confirm, the maximum isn't 6 players. Realistically 10 would be the absolute maximum, and a favourable number would be 8. Essentially, it is anywhere from 6-10 players.

8) All speech etc. MUST be stated in-thread. This means absolutely no PMing each other about this game. In other words, this is NOC.

1) TheGuy (The Girl)
2) WanderingWolf (OMG IT'S A PUPPY)
3) Porygon-X (Techo-nerd)
4) Kecleon-X (Spy, as it camouflages well.)
5) Machamp The Campion (##FLEX! In other words, Duking.)
(Min.)6) Keeper of Night (Vampire)
7) GM Draclord (Um... generic man)
8) rev3rsor (reverent ursula)
9) PMJ (Medusa)
(Max)10) Drohn (All Hail King Adrian)

Turn of Order:
9) PMJ
3) Porygon-X
6) Keeper of Night
2) WanderingWolf
10) Drohn
8) rev3rsor
5) Machamp The Champion
4) Kecleon-X
1) TheGuy
7) GM Draclord

If you have any questions still, don't be afraid to ask. If you really don't understand, we can arrange a time to try a live game on the website above so that you get the idea much better.

RE: The Resistance

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. :)

this seems like a great game

edit: i'm not being sarcastic celever, this really DOES look like a great game

We play this all the time at school with 2 spies and 3 resistance with rounds of 2,3,2,3,3. So I'll play.

We play this game every week and after some tournaments. I'd like to join. :)

Why hasn't someone thought of this before? I'm in! I've played the original Resistance, as well as Avalon (basically Resistance with roles and some other new mechanics), and I love them both.

Machamp The Champion said:
Why hasn't someone thought of this before? I'm in! I've played the original Resistance, as well as Avalon (basically Resistance with roles and some other new mechanics), and I love them both.

Actually Athena said that people had suggested this before, but didn't explain the rules well enough so they didn't get it approved.

Also, if this game goes well I plan to set up a game of Avalon instead, so watch out for that too ;)

RE: The Resistance SIGNUPS END IN ROUGHLY 36 HOURS

Well... I could push this into minimum at least, but I have no idea what it is...
Oh, what the heck. Funs fun. Sign me up, I'll figure it out.

What are the endeavor assignments? It looks like an interesting game, but I don't know what to expect. I watched the video, but I'm still lost on how to play/find spies. :p

Celever said:
Actually Athena said that people had suggested this before, but didn't explain the rules well enough so they didn't get it approved.

Actually, no, what I'd said was that I'd heard of the game before just never knew the details about it until you proposed the game to me in PM. My previous knowledge has nothing to do with this forum whatsoever; it was just mentioned to me offhandedly by a friend sometime last week. :p

I think I get it, but it sounds very easy for the spies to full on sabotage.
Anyway in please!

Celever, it's funny that you put that comment on my in the OP because back when my username was Guy89 one of the SMods forcibly changed it to Girl89 for a short amount of time.

Sounds fun, count me in

RE: The Resistance Round 1

Jesus Christ this filled up quickly. I guess I did only want 10 players! :p
I will randomize the spies onto this. In total there will be 4 spies. The rounds will play like this:

| 3 | 4 | 6 | 5 | 6 |

This is slightly unconventional, but I feel as if it will work better for a forum game. This first game is really a test, so... if it doesn't work the second game will be more conventional with its numbers.

These games can take quite a long time (depending on activity, but it will be 24 hours per update most likely), if you wish to be a sub please contact me!

Please don't post until I have sent out all PMs.

If you did not get a PM you are part of the resistance. The spies are aware of the identities of the other spies.

You may now post.

The signups have been randomized also, so the turn of order goes as followed:

9) PMJ
3) Porygon-X
6) Keeper of Night
2) WanderingWolf
10) Drohn
8) rev3rsor
5) Machamp The Champion
4) Kecleon-X
1) TheGuy
7) GM Draclord

For this round, up to 6 squads may be suggested. PMJ, it's your turn to suggest a team of 3. You have 24 hours to do so before the torch passes on and you get a warning. After you get 3 warnings you will be subbed out.

RE: The Resistance Round 1

I suggest me, Keeper of Night, and Drohn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back