DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Questions and Answers Thread (All generations, excluding 5th)

Take the 1st one. A 9 point difference in a stat that won't make a difference doesn't matter.

In short, yes, HP is better than Sp. Def on a Scyther.

Actually, that Scyther is to be evolved into Scizor... but yes, I was thinking the same thing, the one with an IV of 10 in Sp.Def is still pretty low, and higher HP is probably better, even for Scizor... thanx...

I know this is a pretty silly question but I'm a neat freak when it comes to my Pokémon's gender and these three Pokémon are giving me such a hard time Jolteon,Flareon and,Umbreon I can't give these mons a set gender but for Eevee and it's other Eeveelution's I know there female can someone please help me I would gladly appreciate it.

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
I know this is a pretty silly question but I'm a neat freak when it comes to my Pokémon's gender and these three Pokémon are giving me such a hard time Jolteon,Flareon and,Umbreon I can't give these mons a set gender but for Eevee and it's other Eeveelution's I know there female can someone please help me I would gladly appreciate it.
I believe you want this thread.
I've got a few Eevees lying around so if you want you can shoot me a PM instead, but that Master Wifi thread may be a better shot.

Eevee has the same gender ratio as the starters. The male to female ratio is 7:1 always. There aren't any Eeveelutions that can only be one gender.

slickmario said:
Eevee has the same gender ratio as the starters. The male to female ratio is 7:1 always. There aren't any Eeveelutions that can only be one gender.

No what I mean is it's physical appearance kinda like a Roselia looks like a female but can also be male.What I said about Eevee and the Eeveelutions Vaporeon,Espeon,Leafeon and,Glaceon is that there physical appearances represent that of female Pokémon.But I can't seem to give Jolteon,Flareon and,Umbreon a set gender because there physical appearances seem to be neutral so that's why I wanted help because I don't know whether to classify them as males or females.

Honestly, they can be seen as either. Despite the ratio being 87.5% male/12.5% female, depending on personal preference, people can see them as being either male or female. e.g. I see Flareon as being male but not everyone will agree with me. The same goes for all the rest.

So if you want to classify them as one or the other...just go for personal preference.

When I battle in the union room, can I use Rotom's alternate forms? If not,how can I battle others with its alternate forms?
<

As far as Gen 4 is concerned, I believe the answer is no. I know for sure it doesn't work over 4th Gen Wifi.
HGSS might allow you to use Rotom if you battle with another HGSS game, but in all honesty I don't know for sure there.

No. Rotom's other forms are unusable in Wifi, Battle Frontier, and Union Room battles. It's because of the ability to connect with D/P, where Rotom's forms didn't exist. The no-form rule is universal over the generation.

Are there ways to force/trigger/speed up the occurrence of Gym Leader rematches? I know with regular trainers, you just have to keep entering that person's route and the rematch might trigger, but from what I have gathered I believe gym leaders work off a different formula.

So is there a way to do it, and if so, then how?

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention this: this is in Emerald.

No, there isn't a way to speed up when a rematch will occur. In order for a rematch to happen, the only thing you need to do is beat the Elite Four (which requires beating all of the Gym Leaders anyway). If I recall correctly, the Leader will call you on your PokeNav to request a rematch. Though it might be simply that their name has a Pokeball next to it on the Match Call.

I know that the prerequisite for any Gym Leader rematch in Emerald is to beat the Elite Four first and all, but is there anything beyond that that could speed it up?

Lately I have been EV training Pokemon in Emerald, and every time I'm finished with one, two leader matches show up, so it isn't a huge deal, but if there isn't any way to hasten them I'll just stick with my usual method.

I had been EV training my in Attack and Special Attack, yet I noticed two different scenarios when leveling up.
I trained for Attack in Route 101 against Poochyenna. Since my "client Pokemon" was at around Lv. 40, I maxed out the Attack EV without leveling up. When I did, my Pokemon got +7 Attack stats.
I trained for Special Attack at Route 113 against Spinda and Slugma. I ended up leveling up more frequently against the higher-leveled Pokemon. Under this situation, I ended up noticing that I have been getting +6 Attack stats every time I leveled up.
This concerned me; did I miss out on giving my Pokemon Attack points because I did not level up with sufficient frequency when I trained Attack? (In other words, could I have given my Pokemon a total of, say, +30 instead of just +7?)

By maxing out a certain stat's EVs, your Pokemon collectively increases said stat until it gets a full +63 for the stat. If you are sure you reached the max 252 EV points for the stat, don't worry about how many points you get each level. By level 100, your Pokemon will have 63 more points for the stat than it would have had you not EV trained.

(this may sound confusing to you)

The frequency that which you EV train does not matter. You will still receive the maximum amount of stat points by level 100.

ISB said:
By maxing out a certain stat's EVs, your Pokemon collectively increases said stat until it gets a full +64 for the stat. If you are sure you reached the max 252 EV points for the stat, don't worry about how many points you get each level. By level 100, your Pokemon will have 64 more points for the stat than it would have had you not EV trained.

(this may sound confusing to you)

The frequency that which you EV train does not matter. You will still receive the maximum amount of stat points by level 100.
...confusing? Your answer was easier to understand than my question!
Thank you!

I just caught Latias in HG but her IVs are decidedly terrible.

If I release Latias, is it possible to make her respawn again, either by beating the Elite Four or by some other method? If so, how is this possible?

DNA said:
I just caught Latias in HG but her IVs are decidedly terrible.

If I release Latias, is it possible to make her respawn again, either by beating the Elite Four or by some other method? If so, how is this possible?

I don't think it is possible. Although, KOing Latias would make it reappear after beating the Elite Four, so maybe it works the same way with releasing.

I doubt it though :/

Slick is correct. You would have had to KO it to be able to get a respawn.

oh well better luck next time

maybe I can do SOMETHING with this naive little girl

...what? she's got poor IVs and a Naive nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back