DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The HG/SS Question and Answers thread

As for Mt. Mortar, I'm writing this much based off my GS guidebook, so it MAY not be 100% accurate.

First thing's first; as aforementioned, you need to enter the middle entrance to Mt. Mortar. Instead of heading right for the stairs in front of you, skip off to the side to the water and head up. You'll see a large Waterfall you can climb. at the top there will be a cave entrance. Go through there. Now here comes the ambiguous part.

You'll wind up at the bottom of a very large cave room. You need to Surf off to the right and up multiple times until you cannot any further. After that, you must head all the way to the left (as far as you can again) until you can jump down a ledge. Stay on the path, Surf again, and jump the ledge to the right now. Find another body of water to surf on upwards, and if you don't have Dig I HIGHLY insist on grabbing the Escape Rope on the raised platform before jumping off to the right again. Surf to the top of the screen and left, and jump down ONE ledge to reach the next set of stairs.

You'll wind up on a raised plateau. Head down and a little to the left to reach the next stairs.

After that, you should be right by Karate King Kyo. He has the three Hitmons, and if I remember correctly, they're all Lv. 38 or so, so I suggest a strong Psychic or Flying type that can really sweep with At/SpAt.

After you beat him, he will give you a Lv. 5 Tyrogue (?), but you have to have space in your party to have it.

Anyone's free to correct this if it's not right. ;D I wouldn't doubt that some of the directions here are incorrect.

Also, I will cry if we don't get the Enigma and Mew events. DO WANT.

Haha, nice that you have the original guide.

Anyway, on topic. As said, I can't verify the directions, though I can say that I don't think his name is Kyo anymore and he has Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. No top love here. Also, I'm fairly sure the Tyrouge is level 10 now.

OK, I got this game a few days ago, and I have completed everything save beating the karate king Kiyo. So, i found him just know and can give the exact directions.
1. enter the middle entrance of mt. mortar and surf to either the left or right and go to the waterfall and go up.

2.go to either left/right and go to the back wall and find the a cave entrance.

3.when you enter, go to the right and surf to the right corner.

4.surf up from there and on the second small water, go to the left to land.

5.go left and jump down the ridge and keep going left (dont jump down any more ridges until you find water again.)

6. surf up and go to the right, dont jump any ridges, until you find the next thing of water.

7.surf on the water, go to the next thing of water you see and surf to the top and go left.

8. when you get to land again, go completely to the left and surf to the latter going down.

9.go to the right, then down to the third thing of stairs, go down and go right.

10.go up to another thing of stairs and go down and to the left to a latter going down.

11. go to the right, down, and on the right at the bottom of the stairs will be Kiya.

he has a hitmonlee and a hitmonchan at lvl. 34. when you beat him, he gives you a lvl. 10 tyrouge that knows tackle, helping hand, fakeout, and foresight.

and i have now finished everything I can do on my heart gold game all in less than two days time. ;)

Ok guys. Whoever is going to ask which version is Latios/Latias in:

Latios is in SoulSilver and Latias is in HeartGold.
The only way to get the other is through a wi-fi event.

dragonpokemonpwn said:
Ok guys. Whoever is going to ask which version is Latios/Latias in:

Latios is in SoulSilver and Latias is in HeartGold.
The only way to get the other is through a wi-fi event.

Or you know just trading with a person that has the other one in the other game. :F

dmaster out.

Added FAQ in first post. Please check if your question is there before posting.

Also thanks Pokebeachers for your Q&A!

What makes it rain at the Lake of Rage, causing it to be full? Someone said it happens on certain days, but couldn't back it up.

edit You guys are too slow: I figured it out on my own (it rains on every day except Wednesday, where you can walk at the bottom and find Wesley, who gives you...whatever he gives you.

how do i get from cerulean city to pewter city all i find is a dead end :(?

This question should probably be in the FAQ. Anyway, to answer your question, I will quote three replies to this thread, as well as an explanation I made myself and have given to two people.

Guy89 said:
After giving power back to the power plant go to the radio tower and get the Kanto card and use the pokeflute radio station.

Ensiger said:
For the pokeflute station, slide the blinking dot on the grid of the radio all the way up to the first star. Then, with that playing, click on Snorlax.

Shadelon said:
The poke flute is actually a station on the radio on the pokegear. You need to first restore the power in Cerulean City, then go to the radio tower in Lavender town and talk to a guy there. He will give you an EXPN card for your Pokegear that will allow you to use the radio in Kanto. Then go into your radio and click on the first star in the upper left hand corner I believe, that's the pokeflute. Then just click on Snorlax with that playing. He'll wake up really grouchy.

Chariblaze said:
You have to go through Diglett Cave, blocked by Snorlax.

First, you will have to have reached Cerulean City. Next, head east until you hit Route 9, which eventually comes to a river, a Pokémon Center and a cave. Take the river to the Power Plant, where everyone will tell you the generator is missing a part.

As you exit, the police officer gets a call saying the thief that stole the Machine Part is in Cerulean Gym. As you go into Cerulean Gym, you are immediately ambushed my a foreign Team Rocket member. He says a few things and then proceeds to run out the door. Follow him to Route 24, where he is in between a young couple. Talk to him, and he battles you. After this battle, he says that he hid the Machine part by an inner tube in the gym. The inner tube is the farthest north. After you find the Machine Part, take it back to the Power Plant where the manager will take it and use it to run the generator.

Now, in Lavender there is a Radio Tower. Once you go in and talk to the Gentelman, he will give you the EXPN Card. With this, you can tune the radio in Kanto. With the EXPN Card in hand, head back to Diglett Cave. Tune the radio manually into the upper zone to get the Pokéflute song. This song will wake up Snorlax, engaging a battle.

i saw in my friends strategy guide that there was a magikarp size thing. where can you start this?

Rich: If you mean to get your Magikarp measured, you head over to Lake of Rage and go inside the house. :3

Paddy: You can get Leaf Stones for I -think- 2,500 AP from the Pokeathalon Dome on a certain day. Too lazy to look up which it is, but I'm like 99% sure it's not Tuesday. (That's when I got my Fire Stone for my Growlithe.)

Crystal Hikara said:
Paddy: You can get Leaf Stones for I -think- 2,500 AP from the Pokeathalon Dome on a certain day. Too lazy to look up which it is, but I'm like 99% sure it's not Tuesday. (That's when I got my Fire Stone for my Growlithe.)

You can apparently get them on Thursday, though you have to have the National Pokédex.

You can find one in Viridian Forest. And if you win the Bug-catching contest, you get a random stone. One of these might happen to be Leaf. Also, if you show Bill's grandfather an Oddish, you get a Leaf Stone. (Oddish is the first Pokémon he asks to see.) He's on Route 25, taking care of Bill's cottage. Again, I take no credit.

EDIT: Crystal Hikara is totally right. You can buy them on Tuesday without the National Dex. Sorry for the overlook. This is in addition to the Thursday National Dex option.

No, no Nat Dex needed to my knowledge. I have 8 badges and I KNOW I've seen it available. I got the Fire Stone at 3-4 badges in.

I've been looking for the heartgold elite four for sometime now, I just captured Ho oh and have all 8 badges.

You have to surf the pond in New Bark Town. This turns out not to be a pond, but rather a river crossing.

Bulbapedia said:
A key item allows the player to switch back and forth freely between the arranged soundtrack and original chiptune soundtrack.

Where is this item??? I must have it D:

edit Also, does anyone know exactly when Baoba calls you? I know he'll call you once you get the National Pokedex, but I don't know any times other than that.

edit edit Once I have the National Pokedex, can I go around and get the Gym Leaders' numbers and stuff, or do I have to wait until a certain point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back