The Pokebeach Memory Thread

Will you miss Pokebeach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining. I don't know what I would do without PB. Hopefully this is a joke, as I would never like to let this place go. All the friends I made and found. All the good times.

I know WPM's thread was a joke, but still, let the nostalgia flow, and with this post, I leave a song that kind of describes my feelings over all of what I'm about to say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7F9nUypcn8&feature=related
-Joining, this was always a good site.
-My friends I've made over my three years here so far, you guys are amazing (Yes, somehow even you, NubCloud (; )
-The community as a whole, as it is with varied people, people who know what they're doing and the people new to the site.
-Fellow veterans (I'm counting them as atleast being here for 2 years), as I'm glad to have first battled with you all and grown with you in experience

Excuse me while I edit all your posts to include "27772"

Good times:

- chat room before java came back
- quiz bot
- poetry

I remember joining. I'd still be a newb with a dumb deck if it weren't fo this site.

Memory lane? Hmmmmmm

Good times:
-Sonicmoj
-SonicMOD
-Shoddy and PO Battles
-Hax
-Battle of The Week (anything from "SUP I'M ALEX" to when we started vs Tyrant Ttar on accident)
-SUNFLORA WEAK
-PMJ's Guess My Team Game (oh man that was fun)
-all of the conspiracy theories (anything from "we hacck yuo" to figuring out who was/wasn't getting modded to phase moltres)
-And of course how can I forget the oldschool chatroom with Kronar, Noobnerd, Spoon, RB, gamercal, Lenny, bacon, and TFO.

Regrets? I haven't won any official tourny yet. :( Not even the offseason ones.

I liked it before all of the n00bs came here.

That Pixels thread was quite fun because I had a part in it. I still can't believe the forums are closing.

Can't someone like a Super Mod just take over the Administrator position?

Shame on: Azelf Master, pokemon99, The Power of Three for not missing Pokebeach. Humph.

I really doubt Pokebeach is closing. We've had like half a dozen members be modded/super modded recently. And then there's the new additions to the user profiles (yay comments!). Anyways, I might as well take a trip down memory lane and post everything that I remember happening in my year here.

-The epic MLP thread
-Safariblade's poems on April Fool's Day
-Secret Soup/Phase Moltres riots
-llucario hating my guts
-You Laugh, You Lose thread
-Redshark battles back in the day when I was actually good
-Having a discussion with dmaster in chat about my "issues"
-The "master of q" welcome thread
-Meeting a lot of really great people
-Meeting my lover <3

Let's see:
~Any of Lou Cypher's articles. They were extremely well written entries on some very underrrated decks.
~Article Submissions forum. Basically the first forum I met friends in (Lou Cypher, afstandopleren, PokeChamp and Martania)
~Chillax Zone. I think that's all to say.
~Team Typhoon. I joined on one day, got banned from it a few days later, and then got asked to rejoin. :p
~Shoddy Battle Server.
~Mod applications thread. I still have 3 drafts of it saved in my inbox.
~The countless sigs with "Join PokeX". Then the rules change for the better.
~Giant PMs with Jirachinick. About 100 PMs long.
~Martania. I know you got banned for ripping, but you were the one that told me to come to this site. Without you, I never would have found PokeBeach and its great community. I know you don't care anymore, but thanks.

Techdeck101 said:
Why don't they.... I'll really miss the Forums if they go away.

WPM has said before the site/forum goes with him.

Anyway, after clearing out my Buddy list. I found a lot of people that don't go on anymore, but I used to actually actively play Apprentice versus a lot of them like Kaito. That was pretty fun because I enjoyed Apprentice but I didn't really feel like playing in the current Meta, so I got to play with old cards. Playtcg has that similar feel to it, for me at least. I miss that kind of old memory as well.

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back