The Pokebeach Memory Thread

Will you miss Pokebeach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

#1weavile

I'm still alive =)
Here you can post your most memorable and fun times we had here in Pokebeach before it closes down. You gotta admit, we've had some great times here in pokebeach, from Hugging SR WPM's April fool's jokes to staying up til midnight just to see who was just modded (Losers) to dmaster smashing us all and dragonexpert banning us all. Who could forget Zyflair's furries and the chillax zone. But no matter what happens we will still have these memories with us. Goodbye Pokebeach!

Whoa, it's not properly gone yet. But to post a few from my 7 months of awesomeness here:
-The original Hurt and Heal
-Stopping Dark Jirachi (although I still feel a bit guilty)
-The Ban Game
-Phantom Academy and other RPGs
-Making The Void
-BrOken's theme tunes
-sillykyle!'s Rickrolls.

Secret Soup Thread was my greatest creation.
What I regret? Not geting the staff to 50.

He never officially said that this place was shutting down...but w/e

My best moments:
-joining
-meeting so many new people
-getting banned but coming back
-the Ban Game
-CMP making a fake for me
-the April Fool's jokes
-seeing members that deserved being modded actually get modded

I remember back when I made the original ban game (Doubt me? Ask Zyflair) and being disappointed when it closed...only for somebody to re-post it and take the credit for it.
Thankfully the closing of these forums will rid of the bad ban game forever.

HypnoticLuxray said:
By best Memory is this. Jokes. Like the ones going on now. Hur-Dur

EDIT:

lol, that actually wasn't Joeypals!!
Really? Are you kidding? If it wasn't, he shouldn't have been perma-banned. I've had enough unanswerable jokes for one day.

P0KEVORTEX said:
HypnoticLuxray said:
By best Memory is this. Jokes. Like the ones going on now. Hur-Dur

EDIT:

lol, that actually wasn't Joeypals!!
Really? Are you kidding? If it wasn't, he shouldn't have been perma-banned. I've had enough unanswerable jokes for one day.

It wasn't Joeypals!!. Doesn't mean it wasn't someone else. Electimortar

Really, HL? If you think so...

And this could well be a joke, but we have to weigh up every possibility.

I have way too many of these.

The old PokeBeach chat. Silver, Kronar, Lenny, PMJ, all the old crew. The Chat was really the best non-Forum experience on here.
Chillax Zone in the first couple months. Before spam invaded it, the place was simply awesome.
Creation of the Hierarchy Thread. I'm glad I've provided some information to help out all the other Members.
My first deck being posted with Gyarados in it. It's started an obsession I didn't even see coming.

I think the number one thing I'll miss most is all the friends that I've talked to in the past five years. Some come and go while others stay, but I'll cherish those things forever.

dmaster out.

What! PokeBeach is closing down!!!??? Nooooo!!!! I need the site! PokeGym is not as good!!! Please tell me this is not closing down.

Yeah this isn't closing down, but let's take a walk down memory lane...

* The old PokeBeach chat had some amazing moments and the crowd was awesome. We had plenty of laughs with Porygon's quiz bot. It was pretty cool in the early days of #Sarcasm too when it was active.
* Team Twilight, the doubles clan. I made a lot of friends through this. Actually, the very beginning of clans I remember being very exciting, although looking back at it the whole thing must of been a nightmare for the mods.
* So many cool times on netbattle, and PokeBeach's Shoddy server had some memorable moments too.
* Had a lot of fun making a plethora of silly threads...
* Among a lot of that I was a mod/smod here. Had a ball with a lot of the staff, great times, and it was a pleasure working with you all.
* If we're talking happy memories, let's give a shout out to some of the (good) trolls. Senor Smoothie Buns and Hatedisc in particular.

There's more. Oh, how there's more. Looking forward to all the good times ahead. :)

In case the forums are REALLY being destroyed:
-Joining
-Making my own shop
-Have a huge disagreement with P99 but then making things back to normal again
-Defy OshawottFan (I hope he never comes back)
-My first April-Fool on Pokebeach thanks to safariblade :D
-Participating in many games of the Game Corner

Well, I may still be a nub to most of you, but I will certainly never forget anything about all my Pokebeach-life if the site is really closed. :_

• Joeypals!!
  • Shoddy and Pokemon Online. Good lord where will I be without those.
  • PB Chat for just being a fun place to meet and talk to people.
  • The great people I've met on this site. Steadfast, ShadowLugia, Guy89, Gliscor, safariblade, CCloud, basically everyone on my buddy list. I love you guys.
  • The game section for making sure I'm not always bored.
  • Joeypals!!
  • The staff. Such a wonderful staff that just does a great job. Without you guys, this site wouldn't exist.
  • Those people who post in the 5th Generation Competitive forum with silly ideas and no idea what they're talking about. I love you guys the most.
  • Joeypals!!

All the amazing people and good times on this site. The Chillax Zone, the chatroom, Shoddy, and Pokemon Online. I just want everyone to know, I love you all.

This is a good thread, even though it was created due to a bad joke.
I've been doing this for 4 years, and I've learned a lot, especially about competitive battling (nobody's ever officially tutored me, but I learned from many of the experts). I've made so many friends (and hopefully not made any enemies) and met a lot of amazing people. slickmario, dragonexpert, SPM3, Hyperbeem, DNA, Hatman, TDL, KG, PDC, and Steadfast, to name a few. :p I've really grown up on this site. Big things I remember:
  • The Original Chillax Zone
  • Holy Star Takeover
  • The Old Chatroom
  • The Many Trolls and n00bs over the years
  • Mod Applications
  • My First RMT (Kevin Garret Posted :D)
  • You Laugh, You Lose (Yeah, I won that thread.)
  • Shoddy battle. OMG. I've learned SO much and met so many people on that battle simulator.
  • dragonexpert. Modded, then S-modded. Yes. Just Yes.
Thanks everyone. It has been really fun. And it will continue being fun, the Forums aren't getting deleted. It's a joke.

y'know, i find it really nice that a lot of older, veteran members are posting in this thread. it just makes this thread all that much better, and makes the memories all that much stronger.

anyway, i have met and talked to countless people on this site over the years. some of the them are now prominent members, while others bear names that are only found in dead archives. some of them have even posted in this very thread. though i have had rather bitter run-ins with a few of them, i am still very thankful to have met every single one of you.

while i still wish i would have joined the site a bit earlier than i did, (i would have loved to have been around during the chillax zone's peak period during summer of 2007) i still feel blessed to have experienced many other great events in the history of pokebeach, and to see just how much this site and its people have changed. even i have watched myself change and grow while on this site. i can now reflect on my older posts, and can be both amazed and amused at the same time. pbt2, poison burn deck, g/s remake petition....these are threads i will always remember, amongst many others.

i will admit that i have considered leaving quite a bit in the past six months, (and my posting reflects that) i still haven't been able to fully let go of something that has played a major part in my life in the last four years. even if it might be finally time to move on from pokebeach, the memories will always have a soft spot in my heart.

~shaymingiratina8717

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back