The Official Set Rotation Topic - (DP-on)

I think Rare Candy is in AA...? If it is, there's no need to worry.

dmaster out.

If it's MD-on, LA-on or SF-on..... I'm for sure gonna play Machamp. Maybe they put Unown G, Uxie and cards like that in POP. In someway it would be silly to have that many sets in one season. So i have to admit that it will maybe SF-on. :(

^So that means that we will just get more and more sets as the seasons pass?

No they just skipped the rotation for this year. Next year they will most likely have a rotation.

We are going to get more sets and then some others will be rotated out at the end of next season most likely.

My bet is on PL-on as the next format. It makes sense to have an all-platinum set format, and the life expectancy for a set is about 2 seasons. That fits the bill for StormFront.

Yeah, it will probably be PL-on in 2010-2011. Staraptor will be an okay draw engine, but not enough to abuse the "+" cards. And it's a Lv. X, so it can't abuse Luxury Ball. Great Ball will be missed, however. Because they WILL rotate GE, meaning we lose Unown G. That makes all SP decks/other basic decks and decks that rely on powers unplayable if they keep SF.

Celebi23 said:
Yeah, it will probably be PL-on in 2010-2011. Staraptor will be an okay draw engine, but not enough to abuse the "+" cards. And it's a Lv. X, so it can't abuse Luxury Ball. Great Ball will be missed, however. Because they WILL rotate GE, meaning we lose Unown G. That makes all SP decks/other basic decks and decks that rely on powers unplayable if they keep SF.

I think that if they rotate out GE, they will rotate out SF because without Unown G, Machamp will just Rampage out of control Taking Out anything in its path.

I'm still for SF-on. It would make a rather interesting format. You all say Machamp is going to "rule the world" but if he does, why would you be playing SP/Basic? You wouldn't, you would play Stage1/2 decks. I don't expect Dusknoir to be a real threat either, only a nuisance. Gengar is becoming a bigger threat though.

I keep thinking it's going to be RR-on. They always seem to keep the Spring set. So I think it will be RR-on, but I want PL-on. Why just randomly have PL out there? I gotta sigh now, since now I'm just somewhere in between. But I'm saying 60% chance for RR on. There has been a trend.

Guys
We have
THIRTEEN MONTHS
To play with DP-On
And you are already speculating on the format AFTER that?

Gliscor said:
I keep thinking it's going to be RR-on. They always seem to keep the Spring set. So I think it will be RR-on, but I want PL-on. Why just randomly have PL out there? I gotta sigh now, since now I'm just somewhere in between. But I'm saying 60% chance for RR on. There has been a trend.

Ew. RR-on would be just....ew. I doubt Platinum will be rotated, what with all the SP trainers there.

Yeah, I'm guessing the next Format will be PL-on.

dmaster out.

this may have nothing to do with the rotation but it may be stormfront on (sounds dumb i know) but i noticed today a code underneath the weakness on the diamond and pearl cards starting DPBP# but this is absent from stormfront onwards, now if my theory is correct the DPBP would stand for Diamond and Pearl Booster Pack which may mean there not classing stormfront as diamond and pearl meaning it may exempt it from rotation

It is going to be PL-on. Think of it this way. The 2009 tcg sets and beyond will be in it. They will remake rare candy, and prolly give us the exact same draw engine and protectors as unown g and claydol uxie but just as other pokemon. In any case, all 2008 and below will be gone, so Machamp is dead...

The Pain said:
this may have nothing to do with the rotation but it may be stormfront on (sounds dumb I know) but I noticed today a code underneath the weakness on the diamond and pearl cards starting DPBP# but this is absent from stormfront onwards, now if my theory is correct the DPBP would stand for Diamond and Pearl Booster Pack which may mean there not classing stormfront as diamond and pearl meaning it may exempt it from rotation

Shaymin No. 14 in Platinum has the DPBP number below it's Weakness, but it's not a DP series booster pack.

I heard from one of my buds, who heard from someone from league, that the format for the year after next (2010-2011) will be DP-on. I honestly don't believe it.

And for those of you who wanted to argue, the guy who said that is a master, and maybe a POP professor. I don't know.

TruTruSky said:
The Pain said:
this may have nothing to do with the rotation but it may be stormfront on (sounds dumb I know) but I noticed today a code underneath the weakness on the diamond and pearl cards starting DPBP# but this is absent from stormfront onwards, now if my theory is correct the DPBP would stand for Diamond and Pearl Booster Pack which may mean there not classing stormfront as diamond and pearl meaning it may exempt it from rotation

Shaymin No. 14 in Platinum has the DPBP number below it's Weakness, but it's not a DP series booster pack.
thats true i wonder why its just him???

Back