The Official Set Rotation Topic - (DP-on)

RE: The Official Set Rotation Topic - What sets will be dropped?

Juliacoolo said:
I'm actully really mad that they didn't rotate. I wanted it to be MD-on. Now, were most likely going to get Pt-on next year, getting rid of uxie and claydol. Hopefully that means we're hetting new drawpower cards.

We're going to have Dodrio for draw power. lol

Zyflair said:
Ah well. I'm content with the decision they made. DP-on seems to be the more suitable format, IMO. Best part of this: you can expect a wide range of cards to use.

That's true, to a certain extent. I sincerely doubt we'll be seeing anything different we see now at BR/Nationals/Worlds come Fall BR/Cities

dmaster out.

Hm. PoTF - or CV, take your pick - really has some interesting techs and T/S/S that can be used and perhaps created even some new decks. I hope Fall BRs/Cities will have even more variety compared to what we're seeing right now.

If anything, they'll only create decent rouges. Most of the stuff coming out in the next two sets is crud compared to the things being played now and winning.

dmaster out.

I'm sorry, but how do you know. There are so many deck possibilities coming with this set, yet you say none of them will compare to current decks. I'm sorry, but for one we only know 20 cards from AA, 2 you can't predict how powerful new decks will be till it's actually out for a while.

Sorry. Sort of needed to get that off my chest. It's just prejudice towards a set you aren't sure about that I hate.

First of all, this is just my prediction. I think most people will agree, even with a few scans of the set after the next one, that it sucks because of the lack of playability shown from the cards. Arceus this, Arceus that. Gengar Lv.X only going to strengthen Gengar/GeChamp decks. It just doesn't look that good from what I've seen.

dmaster out.

I am sure it will be a few sets before we get a good Arceus. Look how long versions of Claydol were never seen in a tournament deck. Now Claydol is in EVERY deck. I think only time will tell what cards emerge as "staples" or new deck types.

I hardly consider that major draw power do you?

Go get your Diamond & Pearl cards and find new ways to use them.
Someone's got to revive Mario! Especially now that you can throw in the Stormfront Machamp.

I think this set rotation (lack of) just goes to show that POP isn't always trying to treat us like crap. They understand that we, the customers, are important.

Yes, and that's why they pretty much screwed over whole Europe.

ninetales1234 said:
Go get your Diamond & Pearl cards and find new ways to use them.
Someone's got to revive Mario! Especially now that you can throw in the Stormfront Machamp.

I think this set rotation (lack of) just goes to show that POP isn't always trying to treat us like crud. They understand that we, the customers, are important.

the bolded text would be too much work for the net-deckers who lack any original thought when it comes to deck building not to mention deck building skills in general

as I've stated with others and in earlier posts, I didn't think they would drop any sets, that would leave some cards out there unplayable, which I don't believe PUSA wanted to do...it will be interesting to see how the coming sets will help bring older cards back out of the storage boxes, if they help at all

I don't mind the whole Arceus thing, it will provide for interesting decks in the coming tournament season, which I am anxious to see

Dusknoir SF as a draw engine anyone?

It's a Stage two, making it too slow.

Zyflair said:
It's a Stage two, making it too slow.

there are ways around it being too slow...but the fact that you only get two cards and have to discard if you have over 6 cards, doesn't make it that good of a draw engine...maybe a good supplement to make a current draw engine better, but as a draw engine alone...not that great

how about we continue to use claydol and uxie because there is no set rotation?

Even if they did get rotated, there is Cynthia's Feelings and now Volkner. Maybe not as good as Claydol, but not too terrible either.

I don't think Dodrio SV is that bad. It's just we're so used to nearly broken powers like Claydol and Uxie.

It's kind of like Trade off, you only get one card. It's not that horrible, especially if it is all we have to work with in a year's time.

hmm.
is t just me or is the new garchomp REALLY good.
maybe i read it wrong but the way i took it is if its hit by an attack bounce an energy on the attacking pokemon.
seems broken. not to metion 3 for 120 -10 for each energy attached to the defending pokemon?
so at least 90?
i dont even remember the first attack.
if you an make this consistant and with no rotation its just going to get better.
also when are the reprinting rare candy because unless its going to be dp-on again after this (i mean 3 dp-on seasons) they need to reprint it soon

^ rare candy will be reprinted in due time. or we will *gasp* go BACK to the archaic days of actually using stage 1 cards, and actually attacking with them.
*sighs*

and if POP wanted moar customer satisfaction, they'll probably reprint claydol in POP10 packs.
and dodrio is so ******* broken that its not even funny.
b/c it can be stacked *gasp*
and the format is what it is and POP will just deal with it. and so will we.

Back