The Official Set Rotation Topic - (DP-on)

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Due to the number of threads being made on this topic...

Discuss what the next format will be here. There should be no more threads made on this topic. Ask questions, and discuss set rotations and what you think will happen.

RE: The Official Set Rotation Topic - What sets will be dropped?

Don't really care what happens happens. I think that it will be GE-ON.

People, realise now that the new format is going to be SF-on. A few seasons ago, the format was DX-on while "everybody" thought it was going to be EM-on. This was obviously because both sets had Deoxys and Deoxys ex (funny that in HP-on, HP also had Deoxys). So why would they rotate only half the Unowns out, but not all? Rotating only half out would also make some Unown Powers (for example Unown [H]eal) unusable. And Stormfront was also the first set with "shiny-rares" and reprints.

note: this post is 50% serious, and 50% joke.

I dont really mind what happens but IMO it will be GE-on because of certain cards like unown G, beedrill and claydol.

I really want it to be PL-on. Mostly because there's so many cards from DP-SF that I hate, and want out of the modified format... x3

It probably won't happen, though. Therefore, I'll be guessing either MD-on, LA-on or SF-on.

I kinda mind. I just don't want Claydol anymore. :F MD-on with a POP pack of important cards of pre-evolutions and Unown G and such. That'll never happen though.

dmaster out.

I don't think they will rotate the sets. They might skip this year and then make it SF-On while taking out the Unown's altogether,

Deck_Master

It would be funny if they went GE on and put the remaining unowns and evolutions in a pop pack

There's no way it'll ever be SF-On. They would just take it out and go to the new set block...

It's going to be GE-on. MD-on is not possible since if we are staying with Japan now, then we can't rotate that. Their DP4 is our DP4/DP5.

LA-on is unlikely too. They've only taken out 5 sets once, and that was to get to a new set block in 2 years easily.

People just need to realise it's going to be SF-on. They won't leave half the unowns in the format.

La is to new they leave the sets around at least more than 1 year.

If it is SF-on, then there will be no Draw Powers for us, misters. So if PUSA is so evil to do that, then see ya!

I think it will be LA-on. I'm pretty sure DP 3, 4, and 5 here are a mix of DP 3 and 4 in Japan. Either that, or no rotation. I'm hoping for the first because GE has some cards that I want left in.

BTW: When did they announce set rotations last year?

I think it'd be GE-on, since I believe they had Felicity's Drawing in one of the new Theme Decks, and I don't think they'd put outdated cards in a new Theme Deck.

I dunno, I could see SF-on/PL-on if that PorygonZ G Promo has a draw power, and they release give it to us with our POTF set.

At first I was thinking it was going to be MD-On (Counting the number of sets/rotations/etc.) but now that I think about it I think it will be GE-On (Because 1. Unknown G, nuff said 2. PUSA is making a fortune off of Claydols 3. Speedrill it pretty inpotant to keep Flyfon variants at bay.) It's nt going to be SF-On or PL-On though, they'll nenver have that little amout of sets in the format.

I acually kinda hope it's MD-On though, I'll run Gechamp and own lol

As long as we still have Uxie I'm good

We should hear of the announcement pretty soon, actually. I believe they announced DP-on around June 26th of last year, and that date is only a few weeks from today.

Anyway, I'm pulling out for GE-on. I don't really care about this "half the Unown" issue. For one, SF-on would make little sense. Why would they leave only one set in a "series" of sets? Honestly now.

PT-on may seem like it makes more sense than SF-on, but do you REALLY want to choose from only three sets and a POP Pack for Fall BRs? Really? Not only that, but all decks would become more inconsistant, with the lack fo Rare Candy, Roseanne's, and Night Maintenance. (Though I guess two of those have been mildly replaced by Pokemon Rescue and BTS, respectively.) A three set format doesn't seem like something they would do.

I would like to see DP-on, but for some reason I don't see it happening....though it is certainly more viable than SF-on or PT-on, IMO.

MT-on? No. Why rotate one set?

SW-on? This seems like another viable option. However, the reason it doesn't stick out to me as the most likely is because if this were the case, we'd rotate only 2 sets this year, but then 5 (most likely) next year.

This leaves GE-on, MD-on, and LA-on. LA-on rides in the same boat as SW-on, though a benefit with LA-on over SW-on is that it would avoid the mix-up over SW/GE/MD between the English and Japanese versions of the sets.

As for the fight between the last two, it is a tough call. GE does have some evolutions that would be needed to play certain cards, but that issue could be fixed by placing things like Porygon and Snorunt in POP10, which would come out shortly after the 2009-2010 season starts. Hmmm....tough call. Maybe I'm just picking GE-on because I don't want Macheap to overun SPs and so I can keep my Claydols. =p

Oh well, at least next year we won't have to worry about this issue, as most people will agree it will be PT-on...unless we still have some people who are going to say "SF-on" just to be different. (This happened last year...some people said it would be PK-on...lol)

^^THIS^^

Now, the way I see it, LA-On is pretty much impossible. That would mean a rotation of 5 sets first and then one of 2 sets. Are ye nuts to think that?
So that leaves GE-On and MD-On. Quite frankly, I think PUI would see that GE is too important right now to remove, so they'd probably keep it in. I'd think its a shame to see SW go (Gardevoir :() but eh.

Brawler said:
There's no way it'll ever be SF-On. They would just take it out and go to the new set block...

It's going to be GE-on. MD-on is not possible since if we are staying with Japan now, then we can't rotate that. Their DP4 is our DP4/DP5.

LA-on is unlikely too. They've only taken out 5 sets once, and that was to get to a new set block in 2 years easily.

That pretty much sums it up. There are only three options. No rotation, GE-on and MD-on. Honestly, I believe that there won't be a rotation. GE-on would be okay. And that's what it should be if anything is rotated. Because honestly, if you can tell me that you can run a stage 2 deck that doesn't try to T1 donk without Claydol, you're wrong. And if you can tell me SP decks will beat Machamp without spamming Toxicroak and ruining the mirror then you're also wrong. So Machamp would dominate. Gengar would still exist as well. But without Unown G, almost everything gets around Fainting Spell and it will run out of steam too quickly to be effective. The format wouldn't be fun at all and we'd see the same decks, except weaker. Everyone knows that wouldn't be fun. So in short, it will be no rotation or GE on.

Back