The Next Rotation

pokedan24 said:
Luispipe8 said:
So, even though some things are still going to be "there", we're losing quite a lot. TT.TT Poor Gardy, I'll have to find another way to play Gallade...

Milotic?

Hm, that does sound interesting, I guess I'll have to give it a try! :D I was thinking about Blastoise, but I guess Milotic is the better choice.

Luispipe8 said:
Another recap of the "valuable" things we're losing: ("Replacements" in bold)

NXD:

• Regigigas-EX
    Both Chandelures
    Darmanitan
    Cilan
    Heavy Ball
    Level Ball
    Prism Energy
    Skyarrow Bridge
    SR Zoroark
DEX:

• Venusaur
    Accelgor
    Sableye
    Dark Claw and Patch
    Enhanced Hammer (Promo Reprint in Japan as 046/XY-P...?)
    Entei-EX
    Raikou-EX
    Groudon-EX
    Kyogre-EX.
    Twist Mountain
    SR Archeops
    SR Gardevoir

DRX and DRV:

• Aggron
    Devolution Spray
    Ninetales
    Rescue Scarf
    Tool Scrapper > Surprise Megaphone
    Both Blend Energy
    Reuniclus > Dusknoir FLF
    Ho-Oh-EX
    Terrakion-EX
    Registeel-EX
    Rayquaza-EX
    Giratina-EX.
    Super Rod > Sacred Ash
    Exp. Share
BCR:

• Vileplume
    Shell Shield Squirtle
    Duskull
    Dusclops
    Flygon
    Raticate
    Ditto
    Audino
    Aspertia City Gym
    Energy Search > Professor's Letter
    Rocky Helmet
    Skyla > Korrina
    Town Map
    Computer Search
    Gold Potion
    Crystal Wall
    Crystal Edge
    Cheren > Tierno
    SR Altaria
    SR Golurk

But, also worth mentioning, Energy Retrieval, Super Scoop Up and Full Heal were reprinted in Japan as promos 003/XY-P, 005/XY-P and 007/XY-P respectively.

So, even though some things are still going to be "there", we're losing quite a lot. TT.TT Poor Gardy, I'll have to find another way to play Gallade...

Duskull and Dusclops are semi-reprinted due to the fact that Dusknoir PLB is the main damage-dealer of the whole duskull chaIn, so I'd rather not list duskull and/or dusclops on there w/o a note saying that they was reprinted under the aspect of pre-evolution species only and is used less than its Stage 2 card, or in this case, Dusknoir, but since all other aspects are not the same as the cards they would've kept in had those other aspects been the same, it is not a true reprint, but a specie renewal so that the reprinted Dusknoir can still be used, rather than being unable to be used(or at least without Lifesplosion to bypass the rotated Duskull and Dusclops stages just to even be able to use it, due to the fact that its lesser stages are rotated out, but alas, the lesser stages have been renewed so that Dusknoir can still be used, Lifeslosion or no Lifesplosion). However, had it not been for the aforementioned specie renewal, I would've been ok with Duskull's and dusclops's inclusion on the list, same attacks or different attacks... Don't mean to criticize, but please don't attempt to cause confusion in case someone assumes what is now proven as not true as true, as judging from your inclusion of duskull and dusclops, the uninformed might think lifesplosion is a must if you want to use dusknoir in modified/standard play after 2014-15's start-of-league-cycle rotation because of the absence of its two lesser stage pokemon in terms of what cards are too outdated to be allowed in modified/standard play, and, as a result, missing the fact that those cards appeared, if only with different attacks, in flashfire...

I wonder if Diggersby can have the same impact as sableye. There are still plenty of good items to spam and this has a somewhat decent attack.

Frost Mage said:
Hehe, well first of all, if they rotated to BCR-on, it would be three sets that would be gone, Next Destines, Dark Explorers, and Dragons Exalted. Second, Garbodor REALLY isn't that big of a deal, especially with Lysandre in format. Third, not quite sure what you mean about Boundaries Crossed being a whole generation ago, as it was the first B2/W2-based games, and Plasma Storm is still in the same generation.

Ok I made a mistake sheesh. What I meant was that BCR was 5 gen.

Luispipe8 said:
Another recap of the "valuable" things we're losing: ("Replacements" in bold)

NXD:

• Regigigas-EX
    Both Chandelures
    Darmanitan
    Cilan
    Heavy Ball
    Level Ball
    Prism Energy
    Skyarrow Bridge
    SR Zoroark
DEX:

• Venusaur
    Accelgor
    Sableye
    Dark Claw and Patch
    Enhanced Hammer (Promo Reprint in Japan as 046/XY-P...?)
    Entei-EX
    Raikou-EX
    Groudon-EX
    Kyogre-EX.
    Twist Mountain
    SR Archeops
    SR Gardevoir

DRX and DRV:

• Aggron
    Devolution Spray
    Ninetales
    Rescue Scarf
    Tool Scrapper > Surprise Megaphone
    Both Blend Energy
    Reuniclus > Dusknoir FLF
    Ho-Oh-EX
    Terrakion-EX
    Registeel-EX
    Rayquaza-EX
    Giratina-EX.
    Super Rod > Sacred Ash
    Exp. Share
BCR:

• Vileplume
    Shell Shield Squirtle
    Flygon
    Raticate
    Ditto
    Audino
    Aspertia City Gym
    Energy Search > Professor's Letter
    Rocky Helmet
    Skyla > Korrina
    Town Map
    Computer Search
    Gold Potion
    Crystal Wall
    Crystal Edge
    Cheren > Tierno
    SR Altaria
    SR Golurk

But, also worth mentioning, Energy Retrieval, Super Scoop Up and Full Heal were reprinted in Japan as promos 003/XY-P, 005/XY-P and 007/XY-P respectively.

You forgot landorus.

Please remember to stay on topic and make thoughtful posts. I've had to remove a lot of posts in this thread, and I'd like to not have to remove many more in the future. Thank you. :D

I like how N, one of staples of the format isn't mentioned in that list.

But one thing here amuse's me, you would waste a lysandre on a garbo? I guess you don't like that 6th prize.

Yo-yos said:
I like how N, one of staples of the format isn't mentioned in that list.

But one thing here amuse's me, you would waste a lysandre on a garbo? I guess you don't like that 6th prize.

N was reprinted as promo BW100 for the Fennekin Season League reward, so unless we go to a LTR-On rotation it's highly unlikely that it gets cut off.

Actually LTR -on would be bw 96 - on so no. But nothing has been specified so everything including that is technically hypothetical.

Could rotation possibly be postponed until X/Y 4? It'd mimic how BW/on was but without the added time before rotation. We'd see LTR/on and 5 sets to build decks from, which it seems everyone is doing anyway unless you run Plasma/Genesect.

What month does the new season start after worlds? Rising Fists comes out in August and the set after is already confirmed so could it come out in October? Which would also fit into Halloween being that Gengar is the face of the set. (Which doesn't matter to much but it'd be something to think about for US release none the less)

Shining Goodra said:
Could rotation possibly be postponed until X/Y 4? It'd mimic how BW/on was but without the added time before rotation. We'd see LTR/on and 5 sets to build decks from, which it seems everyone is doing anyway unless you run Plasma/Genesect.

What month does the new season start after worlds? Rising Fists comes out in August and the set after is already confirmed so could it come out in October? Which would also fit into Halloween being that Gengar is the face of the set. (Which doesn't matter to much but it'd be something to think about for US release none the less)

Please, no. That would hurt everything, from strategies to trainers. That, unless Phantom Gate has a reprint of every important staple and/or trainer that would get chopped off, which is unbelievably unlikely.

Luispipe8 said:
Shining Goodra said:

Please, no. That would hurt everything, from strategies to trainers. That, unless Phantom Gate has a reprint of every important staple and/or trainer that would get chopped off, which is unbelievably unlikely.

Supporter/trainer staples can be reprinted in the next 2 sets, I don't see how it'd hurt strategies unless you're running Genesect. It's practically a given that the rotation will be at least PLS/on. I don't see Pokemon only rotating 3 sets and a 6 card set to keep BCR. Anything after that is expendable up until LTR. Again, unless you run Genesect.

Seeing that a lot of cards are being reprinted under different names and art or just out right reprinted I don't see a big fuss if LTR/on did happen. It'd give 5 full sets to use.

Shining Goodra said:
Luispipe8 said:

Supporter/trainer staples can be reprinted in the next 2 sets, I don't see how it'd hurt strategies unless you're running Genesect. It's practically a given that the rotation will be at least PLS/on. I don't see Pokemon only rotating 3 sets and a 6 card set to keep BCR. Anything after that is expendable up until LTR. Again, unless you run Genesect.

Seeing that a lot of cards are being reprinted under different names and art or just out right reprinted I don't see a big fuss if LTR/on did happen. It'd give 5 full sets to use.

The thing is that not only Genesect will be affected by this. Blastoise will, Plasma will, Fairies will, Empoleon will, Trevenant will, Flareon will...

I personally think that we will keep plasma and on and boundries crossed and before will get rotated. I dont think pokemon will make it just legendary treasures on that would be cutting out alot of decks and cards that are just getting play now.

RE: Doomsday Preppers (Metagame Rotation)

LoneWolf2113 said:
So what's everyone doing to prepare for the imminent rotation coming this September? Are you finding subs for Dark Patches? Thinking about a new Fighting Type attacker for when good 'ol Landy goes out? Simply worrying over how your even going to go on after this season's rotation like the rest of us? (I'm thinking, like the majority, that it'll be PLS-on) Post your ideas for replacement cards and strategies here to help out all the other worriers in the TCG world. I'm sure they will be happily received.

LoneWolf2113

Sub for dark patch is Yveltal XY.
New fighting type attacker is Lucario.

I'm only worried about Super rod, as we have sacred ash but no real way to get energies out of the discard when it rotates. Decks like Darkrai and Plasma may be fine, but Virgen decks may face some trouble.

Any plans for the rotation of Level Ball? Evolution decks will take a major hit if the only decent search card is Ultra Ball, since Pokemon Fan Club just doesn't cut it.

simsands said:
Any plans for the rotation of Level Ball? Evolution decks will take a major hit if the only decent search card is Ultra Ball, since Pokemon Fan Club just doesn't cut it.

You said it: the only alternative as of now for Stage 2 decks is, in fact, Pokemon Fan Club. It won't be as good, though. Let's hope Phantom Gate brings something good.

I've found Great Ball to be a decent alternative over Level Ball when the next rotation hits, it might not be nearly as consistent as it's predecessor but it still gets the job done of enabling you to play a crucial Supporter on the same turn.

RE: Doomsday Preppers (Metagame Rotation)

Elbow said:
LoneWolf2113 said:
So what's everyone doing to prepare for the imminent rotation coming this September? Are you finding subs for Dark Patches? Thinking about a new Fighting Type attacker for when good 'ol Landy goes out? Simply worrying over how your even going to go on after this season's rotation like the rest of us? (I'm thinking, like the majority, that it'll be PLS-on) Post your ideas for replacement cards and strategies here to help out all the other worriers in the TCG world. I'm sure they will be happily received.

LoneWolf2113

Sub for dark patch is Yveltal XY.
New fighting type attacker is Lucario.

I'm only worried about Super rod, as we have sacred ash but no real way to get energies out of the discard when it rotates. Decks like Darkrai and Plasma may be fine, but Virgen decks may face some trouble.

Plasma TDK, and Virgen have both taken a hit from Pyroar. I think we could see more Stage 1 and 2 decks next format to combat Pyroar. The only big hit is the lost of Level and Heavy Ball.

I think some different eevees are gonna find prominence in this new format, like Espeon and Vaporeon Plasma namely. Espeon murders a fighting type bench with shadow ball, and Vaporeon might find its way as an anti-pyroar counter. Also, I feel like VirGen becomes a little more relevant with the Item lock Seismitoad EX coming soon, unless that thing is weak to lightning, in that case, raichu all over XD Also, Mewtwo makes a bit of a comeback as well, as if it hasnt been good for long enough -___-

RE: BW- On Format Discussion

I'm very interested to hear about this whole day 2 of every tournament being BW-on. How is that going to work with top cut being day 2?

Back