The Next Rotation

Elbow said:
Card Slinger J said:
The next rotation should be DRX-On just so that we have Tool Scrapper to keep Garbodor in check from becoming too powerful otherwise BCR-On or PLS-On would be terrible for Standard/Modified. If Dragon Vault gets rotated out then we also lose Super Rod which is an important staple in the format although I was surprised to find that Pal Pad was cut from our X/Y set (including Super Scoop Up) however it only shuffles in up to 2 Supporters not a combination of up to 3 Pokemon and Basic Energies like with Super Rod. Losing Skyla would hurt Stage 2 decks more than help it especially for getting either Tropical Beach or Rare Candy 1st turn. Empoleon would also take a hit from losing Dusknoir which has made it competitive thus far including Terrakion and Landorus EX as checks against Raichu. Darkrai I think will take a hit from the rotation since it loses Sableye for Junk Hunt If Dark Explorers rotates out. I don't think Skyla would get reprinted for the same reason why Broken Time-Space never got reprinted due to being "region exclusive" cards. Cradily can get Dusknoir out but why not just Rare Candy a Duskull for it instead?

Because the only in format duskull will be rotated out while Shiny dusknoir is still in format, making dusknoir legal but neither duskull or dusclops would be legal.

Yes, sure that would happen. But just 2 quick other things:

• 1: We still have Lifesphlosion Cradily, like that guy just said.
    2: We'll kind of see less play on Dusknoir, because of most likely losing Flygon.
    3: I'm actually glad to see Dusknoir go.

Ok, I'm going to put up 5 great cards from Dark Explorers that will get rotated out:

• Accelgor (DEX 11)
    Well, I'm actually quite glad to see this card going from Standard/Modified. Games were overthrown because of Accelgor working with Gothitelle. Keldeo was a decent counter, but with it having weakness hurt it a little. Virizion was another good counter. Same goes for Garbodor. Decks without these cards were done for dinner if the player's opponent got enough Accelgor going around.
  • Empoleon (DEX 29)
    Oh man, this card was good! Up to 120 for a single energy, a simple yet effective card drawing system made this for one of the greatest cards in the set. The cards popularity was low however due to it being weak to Zekrom. Several other cards weak to Lightning did less either. Empoleon is just epic.
  • Espeon (DEX 48)
    I'm going to miss this card heaps. An awesome Ability which also countered Accelgor, why did nobody play this card? Combining it with the hated Leavanny (NVI 3) this card would show a big counter to Gothitelle/Accelgor decks which took over the year the Accelgor was printed in. It's attack isn't bad either, a sneaky peak at their hand and if they were too slow.
  • Sableye (DEX 62)
    This card kept a brilliant balance. With only 70 health, no weakness or resistance, just one on the retreat cost, 30 damage maximum with first attack (with Dark Claw) you may think 'Meh.' Then you see junk hunt. Combined with Prism Energy, this card could squeeze into any deck. Just as long as you had Computer Search and Skyla! Without this card, Darkrai decks run slower. So it looks like either Phione or Diggersby will be the tough replacement.
  • Enhanced Hammer (DE 94)
    Wait, what? Why not Tornadus? N? Random Receiver? Calm down guys. I put this card here mainly because of today's format of Special Energy. We don't have Blend Energy anymore, Double Colorless was reprinted exactly 4 months ago. Rainbow Energy got a reprint not long after the year started. Plasma Energy decks like Deoxys/Lugia and Thundurus/Deoxys will be harder to beat because you can only deliberately destroy their Energy with a successful heads. And even then it doesn't stay discarded. That's what Froslass and Landorus are for though! However, Muscle Band is printed and Enchanced Hammer rotated out. There is little way to stop Lugia EX. Here's why. Lugia+Muscle Band+4 Deoxys EX= Dead unless Crystal Wall Black Kyurem which will be harder to beat due to rotated Tool Scrapper. That's why...

BlazikenBro said:
Elbow said:
Because the only in format duskull will be rotated out while Shiny dusknoir is still in format, making dusknoir legal but neither duskull or dusclops would be legal.

2: We'll kind of see less play on Dusknoir, because of most likely losing Flygon.

Ok, I'm going to put up 5 great cards from Dark Explorers that will get rotated out:

• Accelgor (DEX 11)
    Well, I'm actually quite glad to see this card going from Standard/Modified. Games were overthrown because of Accelgor working with Gothitelle. Keldeo was a decent counter, but with it having weakness hurt it a little. Virizion was another good counter. Same goes for Garbodor. Decks without these cards were done for dinner if the player's opponent got enough Accelgor going around.
  • Empoleon (DEX 29)
    Oh man, this card was good! Up to 120 for a single energy, a simple yet effective card drawing system made this for one of the greatest cards in the set. The cards popularity was low however due to it being weak to Zekrom. Several other cards weak to Lightning did less either. Empoleon is just epic.
  • Espeon (DEX 48)
    I'm going to miss this card heaps. An awesome Ability which also countered Accelgor, why did nobody play this card? Combining it with the hated Leavanny (NVI 3) this card would show a big counter to Gothitelle/Accelgor decks which took over the year the Accelgor was printed in. It's attack isn't bad either, a sneaky peak at their hand and if they were too slow.
  • Sableye (DEX 62)
    This card kept a brilliant balance. With only 70 health, no weakness or resistance, just one on the retreat cost, 30 damage maximum with first attack (with Dark Claw) you may think 'Meh.' Then you see junk hunt. Combined with Prism Energy, this card could squeeze into any deck. Just as long as you had Computer Search and Skyla! Without this card, Darkrai decks run slower. So it looks like either Phione or Diggersby will be the tough replacement.
    Wait, what? Why not Tornadus? N? Random Receiver? Calm down guys. I put this card here mainly because of today's format of Special Energy. We don't have Blend Energy anymore, Double Colorless was reprinted exactly 4 months ago. Rainbow Energy got a reprint not long after the year started. Plasma Energy decks like Deoxys/Lugia and Thundurus/Deoxys will be harder to beat because you can only deliberately destroy their Energy with a successful heads. And even then it doesn't stay discarded. That's what Froslass and Landorus are for though! However, Muscle Band is printed and Enchanced Hammer rotated out. There is little way to stop Lugia EX. Here's why. Lugia+Muscle Band+4 Deoxys EX= Dead unless Crystal Wall Black Kyurem which will be harder to beat due to rotated Tool Scrapper. That's why...
1) So even if Duskull gets rotated out you think the best solution to get Dusknoir into play is Cradily? Well, actually, it will be the only way to get it into play; but getting out a stage 2 to get out more stage 2's is very unlikely, especially if it's T2.

2) More decks then just flygon use dusknoir. Empoleon, which was reprinted as a shiny in PLF will have most of the cards to stay around for next format. Some people ran it as a tech in Darkrai, especially if you are doing 120/150 (with Vbank) damage a turn. With the next rotation it will be almost extinct unless people want to get out that cradily.

3) Agreed

But for every set there will great cards will be rotated out... remember the craze over not having energy switch in Darkrai? And now even with its reprint many people don't even run it! That may change with people now running straight Darkrai Yveltal, but still it isn't as popular as it was. EH should be rotated as it doesn't require the same skill level as crushing hammer; coin flip and any choice of energy or no flip and only certain energy? Sableye is agreed always, and Accelegor is acceptable. And as said before Empoleon was reprinted. And Espeon was reprinted in the Sylveon Box as like BW 91/92 right?

Elbow said:
BlazikenBro said:

• Accelgor (DEX 11)
  • Empoleon (DEX 29)
  • Espeon (DEX 48)
  • Sableye (DEX 62)
1) So even if Duskull gets rotated out you think the best solution to get Dusknoir into play is Cradily? Well, actually, it will be the only way to get it into play; but getting out a stage 2 to get out more stage 2's is very unlikely, especially if it's T2.

2) More decks then just flygon use dusknoir. Empoleon, which was reprinted as a shiny in PLF will have most of the cards to stay around for next format. Some people ran it as a tech in Darkrai, especially if you are doing 120/150 (with Vbank) damage a turn. With the next rotation it will be almost extinct unless people want to get out that cradily.

3) Agreed

But for every set there will great cards will be rotated out... remember the craze over not having energy switch in Darkrai? And now even with its reprint many people don't even run it! That may change with people now running straight Darkrai Yveltal, but still it isn't as popular as it was. EH should be rotated as it doesn't require the same skill level as crushing hammer; coin flip and any choice of energy or no flip and only certain energy? Sableye is agreed always, and Accelegor is acceptable. And as said before Empoleon was reprinted. And Espeon was reprinted in the Sylveon Box as like BW 91/92 right?

Ok, I see your point exactly with Empoleon. I completely forgot about the new Empoleon cards and Piplup/Prinplup lines :eek:. Same with Espeon. It's just a little harder to get your hands on these cards now and I was referring to the original sets they were in. Enchanced Hammer should stay just for the sakes of Plasma Decks and Rainbow Energy though.

BlazikenBro said:
It's just a little harder to get your hands on these cards now and I was referring to the original sets they were in.
Something called "you can use the older cards as long as a reprint is in format?" And it's really easy to get any Pokemon card, as long as you know where to look and where to ask.

I'm calling BCR-on. I'm pretty sure they're going to keep all the Ace-SPEC's as well. Regarding Garbodor, Salamence could be a viable (though clunky) counter. And since Yveltal is coming in, Darkrai will be around for quite a while.

Just a quick recap of the "valuable" things we're losing:

NXD:

• Regigigas-EX
    Both Chandelures
    Darmanitan
    Cilan
    Heavy and Level Ball
    Prism Energy
    Skyarrow Bridge
    Zoroark
DEX:

• Venusaur
    Accelgor
    Sableye
    Dark Claw and Patch
    Enhanced Hammer
    Entei-EX
    Raikou-EX
    Groudon-EX
    Kyogre-EX.
    Twist Mountain
    Archeops
    Gardevoir

DRX and DRV:

• Aggron
    Devolution Spray
    Ninetails
    Rescue Scarf
    Tool Scrapper.
    Both Blend Energy
    Reuniclus
    Ho-Oh-EX
    Terrakion-EX
    Registeel-EX
    Rayquaza-EX
    Giratina-EX.
    Super Rod
    Exp. Share
BCR:

• Vileplume
    Squirtle
    Duskull
    Dusclops
    Flygon
    Raticate
    Ditto
    Audino
    Aspertia City Gym
    Energy Search
    Rocky Helmet
    Skyla
    Town Map
    Computer Search
    Gold Potion
    Crystal Wall
    Crystal Edge
    Cheren
    Dragon Song Altaria
    Devolution Punch Golurk

Yeah, it hurts badly.

It'll be refreshing to start over, clearing away a good deal of annoyance. Besides, a lot of the incredibly good cards are staying for a while; however, I'll note that the current format has been a lot of fun :D.

(fairies are going to slaughter everything)

BlazikenBro said:
Anyone else think Jason Klaczynski is going to come to the 2014 Nationals with an Xerneas deck?

I disagree strongly considering he always plays the most consistent deck in his opinion. I don't think that is the most consistent right now.

Guiz. We're one set into X and Y. It'll all be okay, Garbodor will have a counter, we'll have a new Skyla if it takes away BCR, it'll all be okay.

Its ok. I'm gonna say BCR is going to stay for now. We have that plasma chatot if too scrapper is in format, also goodra too. It's not that bad for scrapper to get rotated... Also on what Jason is playing, he will go out and find the cheapest deck possible, not bling it at all, and win worlds with it. C'mon guys get with the show here.

zavtac said:
No no no. Its ok. Ima gonna say BCR is the stay for now. (it has switch...or whatever it was) We have that plasma chatot if no scrapper is in format, also goodra too. Its not that bad for scrapper to get rotated.... *sob sob sob* Also on what Jason is playing, he will go out and find the cheapest deck possible, not bling it at all, and win worlds with it. C'mon guys get with the show here.

Chatot is not a viable counter to gabodor. Because you could put a silver mirror on Garbodor and it is immune to chatot. But back on topic, As for rotation I think BCR-on is a good guess because the last rotation kept in all EX's a new mechanic to the format so by keeping it BCR-on you keep all ace specs again being a new mechanic to the format. Just my thoughts. Also when ptcgo removed booster credits they gave players all BCR-on packs in replacement.

BlazikenBro said:
Anyone else think Jason Klaczynski is going to come to the 2014 Nationals with an Xerneas deck?
Xerneas is nowhere near the most consistent deck, just the most accessible (2 Theme decks + 3 Tins).

blaZofgold said:
BlazikenBro said:
Xerneas is nowhere near the most consistent deck, just the most accessible (2 Theme decks + 3 Tins).
That's true, unlike Yveltal that is usually played with Darkrai, because it alone does nothing. But I am looking forward to make a Toolbox Deck, that deck is the Uber of the format. I lost at it at the second turn yesterday.

At least we will see less play on the Darkrai decks a little bit. No more Dark Patches or Sableye! Hydreigon and Darkrai are still in print, but they're too slow now.

My friends think it will be just a fat XY-on but that would be terrible with no insight into the future except for fire support. My 2 guesses are BCR or Legendary treasures, nothing else make sense but those.

Back