The New Spelling and Grammar Rankings System: Check last post for updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The New Spelling and Grammar Rankings System

Oh yeah, here's something to consider.
Why would you give rep for someone's ENGLISH skills, when we have 14 year old guys who don't have ENGLISH as their native language? English isn't my home language either you know.
And as already pointed out, the rep system just gets abused, and all it'll do in the end is causing major butthurt amongst a lot of members.

Rep. Systems. Fail. Period.
(well okay, except for trading rep)

I've noticed we're talking more about giving reps than giving them.

Maybe because we all feel reluctant to giving them. I know I do. :O

Most are reluctant to rep people because they don't want this to turn sour...

trevorispro said:
this new system makes me feel bad about my english skills
ive got negatives because I don't capatalize
its a forum not a freaking english class
this new stuff really really makes me angry

We simply ask you to improve on your typing. How hard is it really? If you can't even try to improve yourself to communicate better, than you'll never be able to communicate. Secondly, your capitalization isn't the only thing to improve on. For example:

correction said:
This new system makes me feel bad about my English skills.
I've got negatives because I don't capitalize.
It's a forum, not a freaking English class.
This new stuff really, really makes me angry.

Actually, the people who tell you what your doing wrong are just trying to help. If you shun them, that's not very nice...

Sometimes crticism has to be taken which I've gotten used to pretty well as I've been on the forums here. Getting about bad rep is harsh but if it's for a legit reason, people are only trying to help. :)

Has anyone else noticed TOFU abuses this system.. ALOT!, Luckyluigi7 is just to nice to give out sensical reps' (no offense), Andyman spams up every reputation, furroshi talks about spam 24/7 and (searches)

I like this new system since I strive to have good spelling and grammar so I do not go brain dead with too many abreviations!

Actually Darkrai1246, I take that as a compliment. :p

I've noticed though that this system makes people work harder to have better spelling and grammar. Maybe the negative reps really does help! :)

Just a message to all you negative rep givers out there -
Please, PLEASE don't be the hypocrite who spells grammar with an e in a negative rep on spelling and grammar. I feel like giving negative reps to you all. =P

darkrai1246 said:
Has anyone else noticed TOFU abuses this system.. ALOT!, Luckyluigi7 is just to nice to give out sensical reps' (no offense), Andyman spams up every reputation, furroshi talks about spam 24/7 and (searches)

Dude, I've posted on 3 reps. Your just some 10 year old who can dish it out, but can't take it back. Now, let's see...do I abuse the system? I am going to assume that you are pertaining to the reputation system that used to be for Staff Members only. Now see, here is where your wrong. That system for Staff had no purpose, it was just to goof off. Did it say it had to pertain to Spelling and Grammar? I think not. I think it was just something to fool around with.

Also, you wanna know why people give you negative reps for no good reason? Well, as stated before, you can dish it out, but you can't take it back. When somebody gives you a negative rep, you freak out, spam, and bash them, thus giving you more negative reps because you make a complete fool out of yourself. I know you think your awesome using =p, =F, >:[, >:], and whatnot. Or try and make funny phrases when they are quite obviously not needed. I know this is going to tick you off, but I am the only member, of the many, who can give it to you straight, because obviously 7 temp-bans, hasn't gotten through to you.

So, next time you even condescend to talk to me, or accuse me...THINK. Because I will give you the pure truth.

I don't think it matters who was or is giving bad or good reps. We just need to start now by thinking before we type. :p

TearsofanUchiha said:
darkrai1246 said:

Dude, I've posted on 3 reps. Your just some 10 year old who can dish it out, but can't take it back. Now, let's see...do I abuse the system? I am going to assume that you are pertaining to the reputation system that used to be for Staff Members only. Now see, here is where your wrong. That system for Staff had no purpose, it was just to goof off. Did it say it had to pertain to Spelling and Grammar? I think not. I think it was just something to fool around with.

Also, you wanna know why people give you negative reps for no good reason? Well, as stated before, you can dish it out, but you can't take it back. When somebody gives you a negative rep, you freak out, spam, and bash them, thus giving you more negative reps because you make a complete fool out of yourself. I know you think your awesome using =p, =F, >:[, >:], and whatnot. Or try and make funny phrases when they are quite obviously not needed. I know this is going to tick you off, but I am the only member, of the many, who can give it to you straight, because obviously 7 temp-bans, hasn't gotten through to you.

So, next time you even condescend to talk to me, or accuse me...THINK. Because I will give you the pure truth.
By allot I mean twice out of the 5 times... but you fixed THOSE (not mine) now..

BTW I CAN dish it out.. I just get ticked when people like yearly lump wages abuse the system... And if someone gives me a negative rep their supposed to actually say something HELPFUL not say "You can type welly" (seriously I think I've seen a rep like that XD) They should say something like "Try and remember to capitalize at the beginning of sentences" also does slang count as bad spelling/grammar?

Darkrai, the message "Learn how to type", actually means it, not "Go complain about other people for doing things they never did". Also, the bad reps are to make you improve. Not to ask for more.

And the system's cool too.

Yearly Lump Wages said:
Darkrai, the message "Learn how to type", actually means it, not "Go complain about other people for doing things they never did". Also, the bad reps are to make you improve. Not to ask for more.

And the system's cool too.
Well if you actually read half of this crud it's not For saying "Your a n00b" It's meant to help others on their spelling/grammar, If you say "learn how to type" that may be considered "flaming" If you say something like "Remember to capitalize"

The system helps, well... at least for people who actually want to help you....

TearsofanUchiha said:
darkrai1246 said:

*Cheet gets on soapbox*

Yes, ToU, but the refs are not for people who make fools of themselves, it's for people who have bad grammar. People need to use the system for what it's intended to do, nothing else. This means members with 1 post, and members with 2000 posts. We're all members here, and must follow the rules put forth for us. I just hope people can suck it up and just use this system for what it's meant for, to help with the spelling and grammar problem on these forums. Whether we're mods, TC members, or normal members, or everything in between, people deserve an explanation if we give them a bad ref for grammar or spelling. I'm sick of this elitist attitude at the forums I'm at where mods and higher ups don't have to explain anything they do and are exempt from rules laid for the members of a forum. It's not as much of a problem here as it is other places, but we were members once too, so we should be expected to follow the rules. This goes for all facets of the site, not just the grammar and spelling reputation.

*Gets down off his soapbox*

my reputation said:
Guest () - Last updated Today, 11:03 am

Negative (-1): 'Spelling is a fail' that is not proper sentence structure sir.
Guests can give out reps?

That's strange. I saw that and didn't know they could. :)

Earlier on it said it was from a member..
It was the person who joined recently with a really long name..
Btw, I believe they are gone whoever they were.
They wrote a thread in the writing corner, and now it says that I wrote it. :/
It's like they've deleted all there posts.

TearsofanUchiha said:
darkrai1246 said:

No, tofu does not abuse the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back