Pokemon The Name Rater Thread!

Jubiloso actually seems like a great name. You could try Festivo even, but I think Jubiloso will be better.

really, thanks guys. I do alot of stuff in different languages. So if you guys want foreign names, im your guy

What does everyone think about nicknames? I feel like they are kind of neccesary, and I like to name them based on appearance or origin. For example, I named my shiny snivy (got it last night after 4 days of SRing!) Royal because Serperior is a proud, kingly pokemon and the shiny color is royal blue. Im stumped on names for my Drilbur and Pidove though, so I was wondering everyones opinons on naming and how they get theirs. Thanks! (Oh, the shiny snivy's naive too, im so happy!)

I have some nicknames for all Eeveelutions

Eevee - Female - Mars, since its small, but not the smallest

Vaporeon - Female - Jupiter for as if its size is like Water, since theres ALOT of water in Earth

Flareon - Female - Mercury for Hot and Flames of the Sun

Jolteon - Male - Venus as if shocking it causes Fire or Burn

Espeon - Female - Saturn, Its Rings make it like a Magic Barrier

Umbreon - Male - Neptune, Farthest Planet in Universe, So Darkest Planet

Leafeon - Female - Earth for Life and Plants

Glaceon - Female - Uranus, For Coldness, Not Neptune because it's more for a Male

...maybe it's just me, but since I play Golden Sun a lot I would expect Vaporeon to be named Mercury, Flareon to be named Mars, and Leafeon to be Venus, but that is just how I see it.
(In GS, there are 4 elements, earth water fire and air, each aligned with one planet: Earth = Venus, Water = Mercury, Fire = Mars, Air = Jupiter.)
But naming them after the planets themselves is fine too.

^Eh. Scavenger is kinda a vanilla nickname in my opinion. I'm having trouble thinking of a suggestion though because all my ideas turn out masculine and Mandibuzz is female only...

Devourer sticks out, I might use it. Its a good refferal to their eating habits and it caries a dark kind of pressence.

DNA said:
...maybe it's just me, but since I play Golden Sun a lot I would expect Vaporeon to be named Mercury, Flareon to be named Mars, and Leafeon to be Venus, but that is just how I see it.
(In GS, there are 4 elements, earth water fire and air, each aligned with one planet: Earth = Venus, Water = Mercury, Fire = Mars, Air = Jupiter.)
But naming them after the planets themselves is fine too.

Thats how i started referring about Golden Sun xD

Back