The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol nothing needs to be played before. Handheld Zelda is a good place to start since they are generally easier. Just don't start with Twilight Princess (although it might very well be my fav Zelda [haven't played SS])... it might be a tad too hard for a first-timer.

I didn't get ALBW (running low on cash, will do first thing when I can) but judging from the reviews and all, I guess the game is kinda different than other Zelda games. OoT would be a great way to start the series (it's my favorite Zelda game and in my top 5 favorite games of all time), but, as Teal said, it's Zelda. You HAVE to play it, no matter what.

I am so happy with this game, it's amazing. So fun to play.

I got the collector's edition, I got the chest but am selling it on eBay, as I need the money.

oOsSCqH.png

So I've just completed the game (as in 100%, every item, every Heart Piece and every Maiamai) and I have to say this might be the best Zelda since the Wind Waker (the NGC one), the best 2D Zelda since Oracle of Seasons and the best 3DS game since ever. It's everything The Legend of Zelda should be: the overworld is awesome and teeming with monsters, there are lots of collectables and minigames, clever dungeon design and of course terrific music. On top of all this, this might be the least lineair Zelda since the original, which is definitely a good thing. It's somewhat on the easy side when compared to A Link to the Past (but it's not Skyward Sword easy, so that's something), especially the bosses, but aside from that I can't find any real flaws. It's also one of the few LoZ games with a wide array of useable weapons, which has always been something I've loved about Link's Awakening. The Tornado Rod, especially when upgraded, is pretty broken, though, so I guess there's 2 sides to that medallion (although I guess you don't have to use it in battle, I certainly didn't).

Classic Zelda at its best, and definitely a worthy sequel to A Link to the Past. Can't wait to try a minimalist hero quest, but that'll probably be for another time.

Man, the more I read of the reviews, the more I want to get one... But I don't wanna spend the money right now... the scholl 5-day trip is soon and I'll need them... argh...

Just beat the game tonight!!! AMAZING! Its definitely my fav handheld zelda game! Will be playing it allover again 2morrow!

I REALLY want this game but I'm trying to get the special XL with it too. I might just suck it up and just get the game.

EDIT: Anyone know the least expensive way to get the special XL?

goddamn this was a good game. the characters were great, the dungeons were fun, the exploration was extremely rewarding and the ending was perfect.

(i have a lot of feelings about princess hilda)

I haven't completed it yet, I am taking the slow and steady approach. I don't have too much free time, so it's nice to unwind with a bit of Zelda. It really is very good, though I prefer Ocarina Of Time 3DS.

I haven't had a chance to play it (I'm lame and don't own a 3DS), but I've seen it played and it looks awesome. It has me very excited for whatever Zelda title they have in store for the Wii U.

And misfortune just befell me... My 3DS's R button broke. So I can't play OoT, and I'm willing to bet that the new Zelda also uses R... Am I right? If I am, then it means even more money so I can get my 3DS fixed (I don't wanna think what happens if I can't).
Man, this is so annoying. I'm missing out on one of the best games of the decade!

Target had a Black Friday deal where ALL 3DS systems were $149.99 including the LoZ: LBW bundle. So I went out at about 6:00 Thanksgiving night to wait on line to find out that the store that I went to only had 4 of the bundles. T_T So I spent the whole night shopping with my sister... which sucked. Then I spent the whole of the next day shopping so that I can find a Target that did have one, but EVERY Target in my area was sold out. Luckily that night I called Walmart and they had some in stock and they also price matched Black Friday deals. I'm not sure if it was worth the stress and time off trying to find it but it sure is amazing.

tl;dr (or can tell when something is pointless)
I got the bundle and it is awesome.

Ice Jackal said:
And misfortune just befell me... My 3DS's R button broke. So I can't play OoT, and I'm willing to bet that the new Zelda also uses R... Am I right? If I am, then it means even more money so I can get my 3DS fixed (I don't wanna think what happens if I can't).
Man, this is so annoying. I'm missing out on one of the best games of the decade!

The button is actually an easy fix. 10 minutes max. If you can use a screw driver you can do it.
Very similar to a ds button fix if you have done that before. The part is only 6 bucks too. It's not terribly expensive. My 8 year old son had no trouble replacing the button in my ds lite.

http://youtu.be/O9OcA3u4qRA

Ice Jackal said:

Only for the shield, which you'll rarely use anyway.

Rusty Sticks said:
Ice Jackal said:

Is that so? It's impossible to play OoT without it, at least for me. Hmm... Maybe I'll get it then.

Ice Jackal said:
Rusty Sticks said:

Is that so? It's impossible to play OoT without it, at least for me. Hmm... Maybe I'll get it then.

That's because the Mirror Shield is required to beat Twinrova, and to defeat various Deku Scrubs (especially the ones guarding Gohma which must be defeated in a specific order). I'm probably missing a few instances, as well, but that's the difference; there are no enemies/bosses which require shield use in ALBW. You can dodge and slice pretty easily.

I rarely used any weapons in ALBW other than the sword (and whichever items were required for each dungeon) during main gameplay...I made great use of the Nice Tornado Rod and Nice Fire Rod during the advanced rank in the Treacherous Tower, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back