The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
So is anyone else excited for the release of this game, all the hype has been for Pokémon X and Y but this is also coming out soon.

It is due for release on the 22nd of November.

I am hoping to get the Collector's edition of the game from GAME.

Where are you getting yours from ?, does it come with a pre order bonus ?

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Uh...bump?

Anyway, Game Informer released their review today, giving it a stunning 10/10.

Some notes:
  • Surprised at Nintendo's willingness to shake up Zelda formulas
  • Loved the item rental/purchase system; makes it genuinely scary when you're about to die
  • Heart piece puzzles are still clever despite having access to all the items whenever you want
  • No more map items to grab in dungeons, layout is shown right away; doesn't dumb down the experience
  • Seemed to really love the turning-Link-into-a-drawing mechanic; says it forces you to look at the entire game from a different point of view instead of just solving puzzles and moving on
  • "As if some of the best dungeons in Zelda history weren't enough, they typically end with some of the best bosses Link has ever encountered"
  • Some bosses return from LttP, most are brand new
  • Completely free to do dungeons in whatever order, no number system or NPCs that tell you where to go next
  • Free to wander the map and explore at your leisure
  • World map laid out in same manner as LttP, but not copy-paste job; lots of tweaks
  • to aid traversal and exploration
  • "I wouldn't change anything about this game"
  • "Probably the best handheld game ever"

Get hyyyyyyyyype.

professorlight

Ice Queen
God dammit, are you kidding? 10/10? I think the only ones that got consistent perfect scores were ALTTP, ocarina and skyward sword.
F***! I HATE this season... all the good shit comes out at the same time, first X and Y, now Arkham Origins: Blackgate and A Link Between Worlds... I can't spend 500 bucks for each game... and I really want that pokemon time gardevoir mug... sigh, well, I have no choice... I'll have to rob a bank. If anything happens, I'll blame nintendo.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I have a ton of hype for this game. Mario being released on the same day hurts my wallet greatly, as that game has proven in the last month to be a really good Nintendo game, much better than was initially shown.

But now that there is official feedback for the game and it sounds pretty much perfect, that just reassures me that this is probably the best handheld Zelda game ever or at least in contention and possibly one of the best handheld games ever. Granted, it is from only one source that does review Zelda games pretty high, but I was not expecting a 10/10 for sure.

dmaster out.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
Wow, 10/10? This gives the game extreme potential, 10/10 reviews don't happen every day.
To be honest I'm a bit disappointed about the map feature, but it won't affect the game much. Also, doing the dungs in any order makes me wonder if there's any story behind the game, and if there is, how good it is. But that's about it... the rest of the game seems great and that "best bosses, best dungeons" part is getting me really excited.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Here's the Metacritic page. Currently sitting at a 91 based on 32 reviews (goddamn it Destructoid).

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
It's no secret that ALttP is one of my favorite games of all time (and truthfully, the game that really got me into both the LoZ series and gaming as a whole). My first experience playing it was with my brother when I was about 4. Needless to say, any game that takes place in a similar (almost identical) Hyrule is right up my alley!

Since the game was announced, it was a must-buy for me. I hadn't yet bought a 3DS, and while XY was a huge selling point, it was really ALBW that was the deciding factor for me.

The fact that it sounds amazing is just icing on the cake. I am stoked for this game.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Ice Jackal said:
I was planning to download it from the e-shop. It will be released for the e-shop, right?

It'll be on the eShop at midnight/12:01 AM in your timezone on the 22nd.

dmaster out.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone else getting the Collector's editions?, what do you all get for pre ordering it?.

I don't see why people download from the eshop, sure you sometimes have it a little earlier. You don't get any pre order bonus, nor do you have a physical copy of the game. I see more downsides, than positives.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
The most positive part about it is that I live in Greece, and not in the capital, so chances I get the game in one of the local stores are slim. I did the same for OoT; the e-shop makes sure I'll get them.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
Probably, but I don't wanna get into the trouble of mailing the game and paying extra expenses and stuff. The e-shop edition is fine for me.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Picked it up first thing this morning...just beat the first dungeon, and I love it. Without spoiling anything, the game is fantastic. The dungeon (especially toward the end) used puzzles different from prior titles in the series.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I beat the first dungeon. Doing the second, I am really enjoying it. It's a fun game, I keep attacking the chickens though haha.

I have to pickup my poster though on Monday, they didn't have it. To be fair, GAME didn't even get the game till about 11am. I got down there for 9am, was disappointed when I was told to come back at 11. Luckily my mate works at GAME, he text me when it was in.

Mistryss Nite

Is back from Beijing, China! ^.^
Is it worth getting for someone who's never played any Zelda? I've only seen my brothers play Orcarina of Time on the Nintendo 64 (I couldn't play since there were only 2-3 save spots, and as the youngest and only girl, I couldn't get one). Could anyone give any brief details of the game or combat? Thanks.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Yes. Get it. There should be no need to ask that really. It's Zelda. Damn Zelda. Get it. Now.

PS: http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds

professorlight

Ice Queen
momoxmomo said:
Is it worth getting for someone who's never played any Zelda? I've only seen my brothers play Orcarina of Time on the Nintendo 64 (I couldn't play since there were only 2-3 save spots, and as the youngest and only girl, I couldn't get one). Could anyone give any brief details of the game or combat? Thanks.

Play it, without a doubt play it, I found it boring when I was little, but I picked them up when I was more mature and they are some of the best games ever made; love at first (well, like third) sight.

The gameplay is like most top-down RPGs, with an overworld very similar to pokemon's, and a progression style very much like metroid, or the HMs in pokemon. The combat is in real time, more influenced by action, quick reflexes and the items you got so far, basically, hit A till the enemy is dead.

If a link between worlds is as good as it's said, start there, if you want to start more historically... a link to the past (SNES)? it can be hard the first time, since it has very few clues on the progression... maybe ocarina of time, it was more straightforward. But if you have a wii: skyward sword, definitely skyward sword, though the minish cap was very good too, wind waker was praised a lot, and spirit tracks, though it doesn't compare to the others is really really great (don't, I repeat, don't start with phantom hourglass; that game will taint your opinion of the franchise). OH, wait, you'll need to play ALLTP first before ALBW, since ALBW is a sequel, right guys?

TLDR: What teal said.

Status
Not open for further replies.