Help The "Is There A Card That Does This?" Thread

Also Dowsing Machine (Ace Spec) will get a Trainer out of discard. It's going to be rotated pretty soon though.

Is there any card or set of cards that would help a metal deck with a matchup against landorus/crobat, in standard? My deck has very limited space so answers to the landybats deck that include the fewest possible amount of cards would be preferable.

is there a card that affects your active pokemon with a status condition in standard format?

is there a card that affects your active pokemon with a status condition in standard format?

Boundaries crossed munna. Flip a coin every turn, and if you get tails you're asleep. If you get heads, the defending is asleep, which is nice too.

As far as Trainer cards? None that I can think of.

But here's some Pokemon with attacks that do, off the top of my head:
Jirachi-EX (Plasma Blast 60)
Snorlax (Flashfire 80)
Wailord-EX (Primal Clash 38)
Spinda (Primal Clash 115)

Is there any card or set of cards that would help a metal deck with a matchup against landorus/crobat, in standard? My deck has very limited space so answers to the landybats deck that include the fewest possible amount of cards would be preferable.
I'm not sure I can help you on this one, and it may be worth making an actual thread for people to discuss. There is a lot of variables to decide the best counter for, and then what exactly is the deck in the first place? Other things like makes Lando-Bats a problem could also be helpful.

As TheCyanPhoenix said, there's just Munna if you mean by not attacking. There will be an Ariados from Ancient Origins that can also Poison the active, if whatever you need the card for isn't rotated by then.

Mr. Mime might be an option. It doesn't stop Crobat or Golbat's Abilities, but it does stop the Bench damage from Hammer Head and Skill Dive (and Swoop Across lol).

I was wondering if there was any Pokemon in the XY-On format that did 170-180 damage for 3 or less energies consistenly. That means no Mega Heracross because it dosen't do 180 consistently. And yes, it could be a Basic, Stage 1, Stage 2, EX, or Mega. Anything is helpful!

M-Blastoise does 120 plus 30 to two benched, so technically it does- the damage is just spread out.

M-Lucario can do 180 if it has a Strong Energy and Muscle Band/Fighting Stadium.

M-Gengar can copy any of these. But that's cheating.

There is really a lot of things do 170 to 180 damage easily. The megas ^ are only a tiny selection of things that can do 170-180. And if we go to things like including band...

Anyways, here's a few I found after skimming set scans:

(may include band or extra damage done to bench)
Thundurus-EX ROS
Zapdos ROS
Gallade-EX at beginning of game
Magma Zangoose w/Skyfield
Raichu w/Skyfield
M-Ray
Swampert AT
Nidoqueen AT
Rhyperior PRC
Kingdra AT (maybe)
Feraligatr PHF (maybe)
Nightmarchers PHF (Joltik, Lampent, Pumkaboo)
Florges-EX w/Skyfield
Literally any [F] type Pokemon in combo with Fighting Stadium and Strong Energy
Shiftry FF w/Skyfield

Okay This is just in case Meloetta EX gets reprinted (and thus not rotated out). But are there any other Pokemon besides Seismetoad (that would be rotated), Exploud or Wiggilituff?

Okay This is just in case Meloetta EX gets reprinted (and thus not rotated out). But are there any other Pokemon besides Seismetoad (that would be rotated), Exploud or Wiggilituff?
Nope, there are currently no Round attackers in XY-on. And it's very unlikely that Meloetta EX will be reprinted. So, you might want to look into Extended format for your Round fulfillment.

Last edited:
I see, what a card that does damage dependent on the total amount of energy (I know Gallade exists, but I don;t think promo reprints for blisters count for Standard play, plus I'm looking for something Fairy or Coloress oriented for reaosnt hat should be obvious)

Okay so we know that there are two attack who'se power is based on how many pokemon share the same attack: Round and Night March, I was wondering if there are other moves whose power is based on how many pokemon cards have the move

Okay so we know that there are two attack who'se power is based on how many pokemon share the same attack: Round and Night March, I was wondering if there are other moves whose power is based on how many pokemon cards have the move
There is not. While I'm here, I'll just give the figures. 4 individual cards had the 'Round' attack (and 3 more reprinted) while 3 individual cards have the 'Night March' attack.

Is there a card which lets you search your deck for a Mega Pokemon and evolve it instantly? (ie like Wally, except exclusively to Megas)

Keep in mind that both Wally and Evosoda will still end your turn (per the Mega rule). Only way around that so far is by attaching the Spirit Links.

Also no, there is no Mega-exclusive evolution-assisting Trainer card yet.

Back