Help The "Is There A Card That Does This?" Thread

Is there a pokemon in expanded that is a basic electric with 110 health or more resistant to electric that is a good attacker

Is there a trainer in standard that states "return one pokemon and all cards attached to it to your hand" ?
Unfortunately there is currently no Standard-legal Trainer with that effect. The closest we can get is using Devolution Spray to return a Stage to our hand.

Is there a pokemon in expanded that is a basic electric with 110 health or more resistant to electric that is a good attacker
There are no Lightning Pokémon in Expanded that are resistant to Lightning.

In fact, there are no Lightning-resistant Lightning Pokémon in any format. :p

All I can think of at the moment for free retreat is Darkrai EX from dark explorers

If you can go by with Pokemon that simply reduce retreat cost, you can try.
Dodrio (BKT/117)
Glaceon (PLF/23)
Hydreigon EX (ROS/62)

Unfortunately there is currently no Standard-legal Trainer with that effect. The closest we can get is using Devolution Spray to return a Stage to our hand.

There are no Lightning Pokémon in Expanded that are resistant to Lightning.

In fact, there are no Lightning-resistant Lightning Pokémon in any format. :p
Sorry i meant lightning pokemon resistant to fighting

Alright, off the top of my head, I can remember:
Beartic [FFI 22]
Goodra [AO 60]
Kyogre EX [DCR 6]
(Double Crisis)

In expanded, you could maybe make a combo with Jellicent [BCR 45] and team magma's secret base.

Sorry i meant lightning pokemon resistant to fighting
Ah, okay!

Expanded Basic Lightning-type Pokemon with 110+ HP and Fighting Resistance:
  • Emolga-EX (XY 46)
  • Zapdos (Evolutions 42)
  • Zapdos (Roaring Skies 23 and Generations 29)
  • Zapdos (Next Destinies 41)
  • Zapdos-EX (Plasma Storm 48)
Of these cards, Zapdos-EX is clearly the best, though needs some good support from other Pokemon and items to reach its full potential. The other Zapdos cards each have rather high energy costs and/or drawbacks (like self-damage or energy discards), though the Next Destinies Zapdos has some potential in a flip deck or as an attacker to pick off benched Pokemon.

Emolga-EX is sadly not going to help you much. It has low HP for an EX (which you never want), and while it can accelerate itself, it maxes out at a mediocre 90 damage.

Hi!
In Standard, is there a card that increases the opponent's hand size? I'm looking for a way to make Krookodile (SUM 85) playable.
I know of Red Card when the opponent has less than 4 cards, or N, but anything else?

Hi!
In Standard, is there a card that increases the opponent's hand size? I'm looking for a way to make Krookodile (SUM 85) playable.
I know of Red Card when the opponent has less than 4 cards, or N, but anything else?

Hmmm, that's a tough one.

From the top of my head there's no reliable way to increase your opponent's hand size and retain your attack for turn (i.e. Krookodile). However, the following might help:
  • Judge
  • Ilima
  • Buddy-Buddy Rescue

Hi!
In addition to what you listed:

- Judge can also increase their hand size if they have less than 4.
- Ace Trainer has them draw to 3.
- Flygon (Primal Clash 110) has an ability which can have the opponent draw up to 4.
- Mismagius (Breakthrough 66) has an ability which has the opponent draw for each prize card.

Also what @WastedSkyPirate posted. :D

I guess buddy buddy rescue could put pokemon from the opponents discard pile in their hand but that's all o can think of atm

Interesting options you gave me. Thanks!!
For the Krookodile case maybe the best ones would be Red Card, N (both played with wisdom) and Buddy Buddy Rescue.

Base Set Alakazam let you move damage around your own pokemon as much as you wanted. Is there any other cards that do this? Preferably something standard or expanded?

Hi!
Comfey from guardians rising can do that

Back