Pokemon The Holon region?

piens51

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! I have heard about the Holon region from my class mate. I would like to know: Is he kidding, or is it real (probably not)? And if it is, I would like any info you have.

[private]Edited this post to look decent. :p He's from Latvia, so he doesn't have great s/g; if he makes another post here, I'd PM him or something, but for now, this is a decent topic. For the record, this was his original title and post:

piens51 said:
pokemon holon region?

hello I haw heard about holon region from my class mate i would like to know is he kidding or is it real region (probably not) and if it is i would like any info you have.

-Chariblaze[/private]

RE: pokemon holon region?

piens51 said:
hello I haw heard about holon region from my class mate i would like to know is he kidding or is it real region (probably not) and if it is i would like any info you have.

The new region is Kalos; as far as I know, it is not called Holon in any of the translations. The other games also do not include a region called Holon.

Ah, the Holon region. Its a non-existant region made up in the TCG, from my knowledge, the Holon region is the home of the delta species (Where pokemon have different typings).

Moved to the "General Pokemon Discussion" because this doesn't relate to the cards directly, and is asking more about the fluff than the crunch.

Anyway, your friend may be referencing the Holon Region in the Holon Sets, also known as the Delta Species (man those things were weird), however this post has still been moved because this belongs in the general discussion. This region exists, but not in any... Tangible way that you may find in a game as it only exists in the fluff.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Ah, the Holon region. Its a non-existant region made up in the TCG, from my knowledge, the Holon region is the home of the delta species (Where pokemon have different typings).
^

A region mentioned only in the TCG, the region of Holon is home to the Holon Research Tower, a facility designed to research and even manipulate the innate power of Pokemon. However, said tower does exude a lot of radiation, which affected all the Pokemon living in the immediate area. They changed. Their abilities, and even their types, were altered. They gained new strengths, new weaknesses, and the strength to tip type matchups in their favor. More often than not, the Pokemon developed the Metal-type as a secondary type, but nearly anything was possible.

But for the time when they were around, they had almost the entirety of Pokemon-kind under its heel. They were a new race. They were a new order.

They were the Delta Species.

Even if it's TCG exclusive, I still count it as a real region... Once, I even tried to make a hackrom based on Holon and the Delta Species pokémon...

Metalizard said:
Even if it's TCG exclusive, I still count it as a real region... Once, I even tried to make a hackrom based on Holon and the Delta Species pokémon...

Pretty sure if Ken Sugimori designed it, it's a canon region anyway. c'B

I love Holon it looks really neat, and has a lot of things that could be mixed well with the games.

Metalizard said:

you tried to make a hackrom? where can i find your demo or something and is there any finished or started projects that haw Holon region or delta species in it?

[private]A decent post. Nothing yet. -Chariblaze[/private]

It would make a good spin-off game like Colosseum 3 or something. I wouldn't like to see it in the main games considering how much people complain about the imposter ability.

TokenDuelist said:
Metalizard said:

I love Holon it looks really neat, and has a lot of things that could be mixed well with the games.
Holon is in no way "canon" in the video games. It has never been mentioned or referred to in any way. It's just TCG nonsense.

Teal said:
TokenDuelist said:

Holon is in no way "canon" in the video games. It has never been mentioned or referred to in any way. It's just TCG awesomeness.

Fixed.

But yeah, at the whole spinoff game idea, I think that would be really, cool if they pulled it off like Pokemon XD. But alas, I doubt they even remember they created the Holon region...

Teal said:
TokenDuelist said:

Holon is in no way "canon" in the video games. It has never been mentioned or referred to in any way. It's just TCG nonsense.

Oh I didn't mean with the games, I meant as a canon region in the Pokemon universe itself. Sorry for the confusion~

Back