The Gleek Thread (BEWARE OF SPOILERS)

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
Calling all Glee fans! Here, you may talk about anything and everything pertaining to the popular television show, 'Glee'. I know that we won't be seeing any new episodes until early February, but I decided 'what the hey' and decided that there's still much to talk about. Speaking of which, there is an infinite amount of discussion for this show, compared to others. Talk about the songs selections- the ones you like, and the ones you hate! Rave or hate on the latest episode that aired!

Now, if you want my opinion, I think that the more recent episodes are getting a little more dry- this season definitely isn't as well done as the previous, but there are still highlight episodes that perfectly balance performances and plot, such as The Rocky Horror Picture Glee Show, Duets, and The Substitute.

Discuss away, guys! Remember- keep posts at good length to avoid spam!

RE: The Gleek Thread

Not to upset any fans, but I've never 'seen' the show. It's just one of those things where I missed the first episode, didn't watch the second, and just didn't watch it at all. I might watch some of the episodes when I have free time and try to enjoy it. Seems funny on the commercials :)

Substitute, great episode, but for the love mercy, i hated that they made it forget you. Duets i loved when quin was like i felt like punching you guys really hard in the face, because of Rachel's and fins song. And i love Mike change this season, because now he has a main role.

DarkLucario, Gleek means Glee and Geek.

@TheDarkLucario: Gleek is actually a portmanteau of the words "Glee" and "geek", now used to describe big fans of the show. Also, yeah- I never caught on to the show until after the mid-season finale. I saw the pilot, but that was it until a few months later.

lol, I used google, hence why that part of my post is gone :p

It's on Tv.com's Top 100 TV shows atm, so it can't be that bad. I'll rent it this week. I'll report back after watching :)

@Playerking95: Yeah- Duets and The Substitute are both great episodes. "Forget You" had necessary changes so it could be TV-safe, simple as that. Also, Gwyneth Paltrow deserves an Oscar for her performance in The Substitute, imo. Also, Duets was a great episode, but imo, Santana and Mercedes deserved to win the contest, not Sam and Quinn. The girls blew them away with River Deep, Mountain High- one of my favorite performances of the series so far. However, Sam and Quinn winning was necessary for the continuation of the plot, so whatevs.

Yeah i know they did it to make it TV safe, but it still annoys me, great episode, but i didn't like the last half, only the Gwyneth paltrow bits and the songs. I really liked Furt and how Finn stood up for Kurt in the end and how the glee gang stood up for Kurt, i would of loved it if Puck could of punched Kapowski or whatever his name is. Furt is the last episode i've seen in Australia.

I kind of liked the RHGS (rocky horror glee show). However..Mercedes BUTCHERED "Sweet transvestite" and also had some seemingly unnessicary lyrics changes "transsexual" to "sensational" it was seriously Bad in my opinion. I would have rather Kurt (Chris Colfer) play frankenfurter albeit in a slightly different outfit to make it tv friendly than have mercedes wear what she did and destroy the song. Time warp was ok, but Santana also ruined Magenta's solo..she sane it so..Normal and not sensual (as it is in the play/movie). Most of the others were passable. I Loved "Teenage Dream", "Don't cry for me argentina" (prefer the Chris Colfer version over Rachel's). I also liked "Telephone" and hope they do more Lady Gaga songs (LOVED the Pokerface duet last season, in my opinion better than Gaga's). I really hope Kurt and Blaine start dating soon..I thought they were going to kiss at the end of "it's cold outside" but they didnt. Comment, agree, disagree..I'm curious if anyone has a response to my opinons

Kurt's crush's name is Blaine.
Also, I think that although it would've been interesting to see Kurt as Frankenfurter- he NAILED Riffraff perfectly, expecially in "Time Warp". All of the Glee club members had perfect roles. I thought Quinn was excellent as Magenta in "Time Warp". Finn and Rachel being cast as Brad and Janet, respectively, was a predictable yet good move- their voices were perfect for "Dammit Janet".

it was Quin as magenta? sorry. it looked/sounded like santana..who was santana then? I wish kurt could have like..switched characters (riff raff for time warp, then frank for transvestite). What specifically did you like about Quins version of magenta in that song? I'm just curiou (I agree Kurt was AMAZING as Riff)

Both of them portrayed Magenta, but it was Quinn who had the solo. You can easily tell by the tone of her skin. I just thought that the song was a good for her- it was one of her best performances, imo. It really made her vocals stand out.

It actually kind of sounds weird to say this but i really love quins voice, even though i think it's been tampered with. Dammit janet was a good performance i think and it was funny when figgins said "9 kids have already signed up for after school therapy."

@mlouden03: Yes, I have heard the original Time Warp multiple times, and I understand where you're going with this. Did Glee's rendition top the orginal? I wouldn't go that far. Was it still an excellent performance? Yes, of course. I thought that it was good that for the episode they had Quinn sing most of Magenta's parts. It would have been awkward if Quinn had spoken that entire verse in that raspy tone. They weren't about to copy every element of the original song. Also, Finn sang Riff-Raff's parts because Kurt's voice was not suitable for the style of that verse.

Finn sang the following lines that Riff-Raff originally sang:

"I remember doing the Time Warp
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me and the void would be calling"

Also, following Quinn's part, Finn sang "like you're under sedation".

wow. didn't even notice *listening to it again* lol. I loved Kurt's Don't cry for me argentina

My favorite song to have heard so far from Glee would have to be "The Dark Days Are Over" sung by Mercedes and...lol, I totally forgot her name...

Anyways, from my favorite to my least favorite...
(Most of this is plainly based on humor)

Brittany
Puck
Kurt
Mercedes
Quinn
Sam
That Asain couple...
Racheal.

So, aggs is a gleek.

Back