BW/BW2 The Future Games Speculation Thread

Maybe the Triad are the Striaton Leaders, and when they say it's the last you'll see of them, it means as the Triad, not the Gym Leaders.

Who thinks that when and if they make pokemon grey it will be for the 3ds because i really want to see a pokemon game besides pokemon rumble 2 on the 3ds

Nah, the third version won't be FOR the 3DS. I suspect it may have 3DS-enhancements, however. (Heck, look at the encounter graphics on the Fighting trio, it looks like it was MADE for 3D.) Third-versions have never been specifically for another system. (Gold and Silver were Gameboy Colour games that could run on pre-Colour Gameboys, not Gameboy games, so Crystal is no exception.)

Hmm... The Shadow Triad being the Striaton Gym Leaders makes perfect sense, especially since they attempt (and fail) to come up with a reason for being Gym Leaders, which no true Gym Leader would likely be obliged to specify. (Of course, a few, mostly new Gym Leaders like Falkner, Flannery and Janine, give one anyway, but because they want to... Well, Flannery kinda gave it away due to nerves, but meh.)

I think that the 3rd installment for B/W will be like the original MDs, available for DS and 3DS, and after that 3DS only.

Personally I think that if there were to be a third, special-edition game, it'd be on the 3DS, because ultimately I think there'd be so much more incentive for those who aren't usually interested in those games to play it. That and the fact that Game Freak has most likely phased out the DS from their workflow at this point – they've been fully in sync with Nintendo operationally since the 2nd-3rd Generation shift, so if Nintendo chooses to put the DS behind them, Game Freak will inevitably follow. Masuda was paranoid with putting Black and White on the DS to begin with, and I doubt Sugimori, who was like his ideological foil at the time, could persuade him, especially as the director, to stretch that envelope even further.

What would be a good idea is for Pokemon Grey/Chrome make it a colored cartridge (obviously grey colored) to match the 3DS cartridges but not have the little thing sticking out so you can play it on DS and 3DS

Not to be overly curt about it, but unfortunately that's not how the technology works – even if you were able to wire a DS to recognize 3DS cartridges, trying to play a 3DS game on a DS would probably cause it to explode, haha (or at least burn itself). The processing beef to handle a 3DS game on the DS is just too much…that's why they made the 3DS as a successor in the first place, logically. To that end, the only way such a game would be released on the two platforms would be by making it for the two platforms, and from a developers standpoint, with the DS having well passed its point of market saturation, many would argue against having it on the DS period, albeit from a financial/corporate approach more so than a design/artistic one. The flip side though is that developing a DS version would allow Game Freak to use the same engine as Black and White, so the development process would take only a fraction of the time of a 3DS title, and ultimately the game would come out sooner. Still, and though I can't vouch for Game Freak, I think the DS is now officially an antique for Pokémon. But, with Ruby and Sapphire still being compatible with the present almost a decade later, for Pokémon at least, you can't say an antique is a thing of the past :).

That isn't future speculation.

I would prefer for it to be on the 3DS, but I have no problem with it being on DS.
Just for the people who can't afford don't have a 3DS.
icon_smile.gif

3ds please, one of the main factors in me buying it compared to the NPg (coming out soon) was to keep up with pokemon, 3DS grey please

If they make it for the3ds and they most definitely will they will probably make it for all ds systems sp they could get more sales cuz some people sold or got rid of their ds when they got the 3ds or to get the 3ds and some people don't have a 3ds

I'm fine either way. I kept my DS Lite and 3DS can still play DS games.

I'm still hoping we get to see what happens to Ghetsis and N post-game.

About it being on DS vs 3DS there are a few factors to decide this. Nintendo needs to figure out how well the game will sell in general, if they put it on the 3ds if it will compell enough people to buy one, and whether the majority of pokemon players have moved to the 3ds yet.

I think by then (in 2 years or so), the DS would have become "old" and DS titles will continue through 3DS.

Back