Collecting The Foreign Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

I opened my two boxes of Emerald Break and here are my results!

Box 1 -
Holos - 6 (Reshiram, Jirachi, Beautifly, Dragonite, Absol, Salamence)
EXs - 3 (Shaymin EX, Latios EX, Mega Latios EX)
SR/UR - 1 (Wally FA)

Box 2 -
Holos - 6 (Salamence, Reshiram, Dragonite, Togekiss, Swellow, Jirachi)
EXs - 3 (Shaymin EX, Mega Gallade EX, Hydreigon EX)
SR/UR - 1 (Wally FA)

I was pretty surprised that I pulled a full art in each box! :D Even if they were the same one, aha. Just means I'll have one to trade for another full art from this set, hopefully. Hoping to be able to get the other EXs that I didn't pull (Thundurus, Gallade, Rayquaza, and Mega Rayquaza) through trades. Plus the one holo I didn't pull... Deoxys. Overall, I'm happy with my pulls from my boxes :)
And if anyone's interested, I've got both box opening videos on my YouTube channel already :)

CuriousCleffa said:
I was pretty surprised that I pulled a full art in each box! :D Even if they were the same one, aha.

Yeah, that's one of the major downsides of these larger sets; so many duplicates. My 3 Japanese Tornadus EX FAs say hi.

Still waiting on my boxes to come in; they're probably stuck in customs, but I'm hoping over the next couple days...

Athena said:
Still waiting on my boxes to come in; they're probably stuck in customs, but I'm hoping over the next couple days...

My boxes got stuck at the post office because they arrived one day when I was at work, and I couldn't pick them up for 3 days due to me being at work the same hours the post office is open :(

I've got a second box that I've managed not to open so far (my willpower is stronger than I thought, I'm hoping to keep it sealed for as long as possible), but I'm gonna order a few more of Emerald Break and Phantom Gate

Pretty excited for Phantom Gate - I never opened it in English or Japanese.

Athena said:
Wow, 2 URs in 3 boxes is crazy! And a good spread of your RR/SR/URs, too, which can be rare with these single sets. :p

I know, we were really shocked to see that especially because out of all the XY sets this is the first time pulling any UR. Now to try and finish the set with singles.

My Emerald break boxes arrived today! \o/

Box 1:
6 holos (Deoxys, Absol, Jirachi, Togekiss, Reshiram, Swellow)
Rayquaza EX
M Gallade EX
Shaymin EX

Box 2:
6 holos (Beautifly, Deoxys, Togekiss, Dragonite, Reshiram, Swellow)
Latios EX
M Rayquaza EX
Thundurus EX
UR Gold Energy Switch

These boxes were definitely a combination of good and disappointing. Not a single FA! But on the other hand, I also pulled my first UR of the XY block (in fact, I haven't pulled a UR since BW5), which is nice. I was totally not expecting to pull that either, since I had already pulled 3 RRs from that box and only had 2-3 packs left or so. I also had surprisingly good luck with doubles, only missing 1 R and getting 6 unique RRs. But on the other hand, I only ended up with 9 R+ cards in my first box, which is uncommon (usually it's 10) and I didn't get a single Hydreigon, which is one of the EX I wanted to pull the most after Rayquaza, though getting both regular and Mega Rayquaza EXes is very nice. Overall, I'm very happy! :D ...but I still can't help but feel a bit disappointed at the lack of FAs.

Also, I wish there were more ancient trait holos. The R Swellow is one of my favourite cards from this set simply because of how beautiful the background looks with the holo effect, super nice. :3

Also also, fun fact: I pulled at EX in my first pack for both boxes. And the other 2 RRs in my first box were both back to back.

Opened my box of Emerald Break and although I know I will have to purchase SO MANY EXs that I want because Dragons are my thing and there are WAY too many EXs and FAs in this series, I'm still pretty happy with what I got. :)

6 holos
M Gallade EX
Hydreigon EX
Shaymin EX
Latios EX SR!

The only EX I wasn't as happy about was M Gallade EX, because really, besides Shaymin, I just want all the dragons and nothing else, but it means I could maybe trade that M Gallade for something I actually want. XD But the funny thing is, I took one look at the Latios FA and it took me a double take before I realized I had pulled a FA. Haha!

I didn't realize this until later but neither of my Tidal Storm boxes had advertisement cards or the code cards in the packs, each pack just had the 5 regular cards...

Were they only in the 1st edition boxes?

It's certainly possible. I haven't gotten any Unlimited packs of those yet (and not sure if I will), but if yours were Unlimited, it's a good bet that that's true. There weren't any more code cards in the Emerald Break cards either, though those had the other point thing with the ad cards.

Today I opened 1 box of Wild Blaze, 1 Emerald Break and 1 Phantom Gate

Phantom Gate:
Florges EX
Malamar EX
M Gengar EX
7 holos

Emerald Break:
Gallade EX
M Rayquaza EX
Thundurus Full Art SR :)D)
7 holos

Wild Blaze:
Toxicroak EX
M Charizard X RR
Charizard EX Full Art SR :)D :D :D)

Oh man, when I pulled that Charizard SR I was literally shaking. The only cards I really wanted from this set besides the gold Charizards were the Mega Charizard X and the Full art Charizard and I pulled both out of 1 box!

I've still got a couple more Emerald Break and Phantom Gate boxes to open, but I'll open them another time. Too much excitement for one day :D

Very nice pulls! I ended up settling on getting an English Charizard FA after I didn't pull one in my own Wild Blaze packs, but it's such a gorgeous card.

So I opened 2 Emerald Break Boxes and pulled:

Mega Rayquaza EX
Mega Gallade EX
2x Hydreigon EX
2x Gallade EX
Winona FA
13 Holos (2x Swellow, 2x Togekiss, Dragonite, 2x Salamence, Absol, 2x Reshiram, 2x Deoxys, Jirachi)

So many cool cards in this set. I missed out on some of the ones I was most looking forward to though. Wish I had of pulled a pokemon FA instead of a trainer FA but oh well.

EDIT: Also what are those other cards that come in each pack? They seem to have either 0 or 1 on them most of the time.

basler04 said:
So I opened 2 Emerald Break Boxes and pulled:

Mega Rayquaza EX
Mega Gallade EX
2x Hydreigon EX
2x Gallade EX
Winona FA
13 Holos (2x Swellow, 2x Togekiss, Dragonite, 2x Salamence, Absol, 2x Reshiram, 2x Deoxys, Jirachi)

So many cool cards in this set. I missed out on some of the ones I was most looking forward to though. Wish I had of pulled a pokemon FA instead of a trainer FA but oh well.

EDIT: Also what are those other cards that come in each pack? They seem to have either 0 or 1 on them most of the time.

It's a promotion, if you get at least 3 with 1 on them, you can redeem them for the Shiny Rayquaza EX.

Those little black and white cards are often included in packs. This time it's part of the Shiny Rayquaza EX promotion, but usually they're just advertisements with some information about certain cards in the set.

Oh cool I didn't know about that promotion. Do either of you know how they can be redeemed?

We have a thread about it here. Sadly, you need to be in Japan to redeem the codes, so if you live in another country, you'll need to find a middleman.

Just opened 2 more boxes of Phantom Gate and 1 more of Emerald break. Man, I am loving these Japanese boxes.

Phantom Gate box 1:
Florges EX
Manectric EX
Mega Manectric EX

Phantom Gate box 2:
Malamar EX
Mega Gengar EX
Manectric EX
Lysandre's Last Resort SR!

That was the SR I wanted most besides Manectric :D

Emerald Break:
Latios EX
Mega Latios EX
Shaymin EX
Gallade EX SR!!!

And that was the SR I wanted most from the while set :D Thank you, awesome Japanese boxes :D :D

Recently opened my very first Japanese booster box a couple of hours ago! It was an Emerald Break box and I am pretty darn happy with the cards I pulled!

6 Holos
Gallade EX [RR]
Mega Latios EX [RR]
Hydreigon EX [RR]
Wally [Full Art SR]

Super stoked I got to pull an FA out of my first box! Absolutely loved my pulls and, although I was hoping to get a Shaymin EX, I definitely cannot complain.~

Just started collecting, bought a couple Japanese boxes last month. Here's the pulls:

Shiny Collection:
Full set x2 + 1 Meloetta EX
Mew EX
Reshiram FA
Meloetta EX FA

Very happy with these pulls, Mew EX was my #1 most wanted from this set. The full playset of Meloetta is nice too.

Gaia Volcano 1ED:
6 Holos
Camerupt EX
Groudon EX
Primal Groudon EX
Groudon EX FA (hawtness)

Tidal Storm Unlimited:
6 Holos
Primal Kyogre EX
Gardevoir EX
M Gardevoir EX (personal fav)
Prof. Birch's Observation's FA

Double Crisis:
Full Set x2 (Missing the two RR and Muk for the second set)

Over all i'm very happy with these pulls.

Hi guys, I know almost all the the comments here are about Japanese pull rates but since this is a "foreign booster box" thread I would like to share with you how it is like when you buy a Spanish box (sorry if I am mistaken and it shouldn't be posted here)
So, in case you are interested or have the opportunity to buy something in that language....

In Spain we only get 18 booster per box and the rates are usually as follows:
-1 FA
-2 Exs

Last week I bought 2 of them and that is what I got:
-Box 1: FA Prmal Kyogre, 1 Kyogre Ex, 1 Aggron Ex and 1 Gardevoir EX.
-Box 2: FA Archie, 1 Primal Groudon and 1 Mega Aggron.

I opened 2 Wild Blaze 1st Edition booster boxes today.

Box 1: Toxicroak FA, Magnezone Ex, M Charizard X Ex and Kangaskhan Ex
Box 2: Magnezone Ex, M Charizard X Ex and Kangaskhan Ex

The second box was kind of disappointing since it had the same 3 regular ex's as the first box.

Back