Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Lunistrella

Aspiring Trainer
RE: The "Pull Rates" Thread

TRR Ex's I'm pretty sure are around 3 per box. As far as Gold Stars, the typical rate of most gold stars is 1 in every 3 boxes, so 1 in 108 packs.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller

Lunistrella said:
Ex's I'm pretty sure are around 3 per box. As far as Gold Stars, the typical rate of most gold stars is 1 in every 3 boxes, so 1 in 108 packs.

Dang lol. Thanks! :)

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer

what's the pull rate for holo energies in holon phantoms? Power keepers? Emerald? thanks

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Pull rates for Noble Victories can be discussed here.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account

It's the same as the other BW boxes, apparently. Meaning two, three if you're lucky. Which is really disappointing since there's five AND Meowth, IMO.

teh_original_pikachu

Aspiring Trainer

@pokemonjoe, from seeing primetimepokemon the energy takes the place of the RH, so theres a good chance (I'd say 1/4-1/5 depending on the set)

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

I don't if I should discuss this in this topic but anyway...
Does anyone suspects that online stores switch the cards in the packs?

I don't know, it's just that I bought the following items from an online store:
-Zoroark Box
-Reshiram & Zekrom Boxes
-Snivy, Tepig & Oshawott Boxes (with the Jumbos)
-Evolved Starter Tins

They arrived today and all of them were sealed and from all these items, I ended up with 25 packs of Emerging Powers. These are the main pulls:
-1 Thundurus FA
-3 Zoroark
-3 Virizion (1 Rev-holo)
-2 Gothitelle (Magic Room) (both Rev-holo)
-4 Darmanitan (2 Rev-holo)
-3 Gigalith (1 Rev-holo)
-3 Klinklang (2 Rev-holo)

how the hell is this even possible?! I mean, how did I pull 3 normal holo Zoroark or 4 Darmanitan (2 of them rev-holo)?
Well, while I managed to pull a FA, plus a Tornadus, and 1 Pokémon Catcher then there are things like:
5 or 6 Roggenrola (the one from the theme decks) but absolutly 0 of the other
or cards like Sandile (that come in theme deck too) which I pulled like 7 but other cards like Cottonee or Cubchoo (the one that isn't in theme deck) I only pulled 1 or even 0...
Then there are other curious cases like I pulled the same 3 uncommons in two different booster packs... Also, the borders of the packs weren't very straight...

I'm just wondering this cuz I had a similar case when I bought a RR booster box from another online store and the pulls were also very irregular...
Although I've bought boxes from other sets and this didn't happen.
So, what do you guys think? I remember that a person, here in the forum, once said this kind of things were really done by online stores...

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Please post the results of your Noble Victories box openings.

ESP

Swag.
Advanced Member

typically, around 1 in 3 packs, and the Full Arts in the BW expansions are included in that.

D.N.A

Aspiring Trainer

Metalizard said:
I don't if I should discuss this in this topic but anyway...
Does anyone suspects that online stores switch the cards in the packs?

I don't know, it's just that I bought the following items from an online store:
-Zoroark Box
-Reshiram & Zekrom Boxes
-Snivy, Tepig & Oshawott Boxes (with the Jumbos)
-Evolved Starter Tins

They arrived today and all of them were sealed and from all these items, I ended up with 25 packs of Emerging Powers. These are the main pulls:
-1 Thundurus FA
-3 Zoroark
-3 Virizion (1 Rev-holo)
-2 Gothitelle (Magic Room) (both Rev-holo)
-4 Darmanitan (2 Rev-holo)
-3 Gigalith (1 Rev-holo)
-3 Klinklang (2 Rev-holo)

how the hell is this even possible?! I mean, how did I pull 3 normal holo Zoroark or 4 Darmanitan (2 of them rev-holo)?
Well, while I managed to pull a FA, plus a Tornadus, and 1 Pokémon Catcher then there are things like:
5 or 6 Roggenrola (the one from the theme decks) but absolutly 0 of the other
or cards like Sandile (that come in theme deck too) which I pulled like 7 but other cards like Cottonee or Cubchoo (the one that isn't in theme deck) I only pulled 1 or even 0...
Then there are other curious cases like I pulled the same 3 uncommons in two different booster packs... Also, the borders of the packs weren't very straight...

I'm just wondering this cuz I had a similar case when I bought a RR booster box from another online store and the pulls were also very irregular...
Although I've bought boxes from other sets and this didn't happen.
So, what do you guys think? I remember that a person, here in the forum, once said this kind of things were really done by online stores...

I would hedge my bets that some cards with the same rarity have vastly different pull rates. Most of the cards you can get in decks seem to appear in the boosters far more than the cards you can't get in decks.

There are also a number of cards which just seem to pop up all the time.

For example, I've pulled four Zoroarks (EP), and only one of all the other holos. In BW I pulled a ridiculous number of Simisears and Darmanitans. In EP Sandile seems very common, as does Petlil, Basculin and Jolitk. In BW the most common commons appear to be Timburr (#59) and Snivy (#1).

Perhaps it's just coincidence, but I doubt it.