Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

RE: The "Pull Rates" Thread

Card Slinger J said:
I know, why so many Reshiram and Zekrom when they could've put Kyogre and Groudon EX in the set or better yet Ultra Ball and Random Reciever? No Shiny Chandelure either? I'm disappoint son... :/

There is all 4 Shinies.

strange at my pre-relese there was consistantly 3 regular ex in a box but pretty much everyone got kyurem there were little kids running round with it all day no joke
we can only hope P!P will switch mewtwo and kyurem around in their next print run

in ND, what are the pull rates for the Double Colorless and Prism energies (92 and 93/101)?

have they been short-printed?

27th_wonder said:
in ND, what are the pull rates for the Double Colorless and Prism energies (92 and 93/101)?

I think there would be about 2-3 per box, not RH. Add 1 more for the possible RH version.

So from what Im hearing, pull rates are garbage out of this set. I have my prerelease later today, so ill just confirm that, but now im definitely not getting a box and ill probably just buy singles.

The pull rates seem to be all over the place. I've heard some PRs opening roughly 6 boxes that get 4-5 Mewtwo, and some PRs opening 8 that only get one. Really weird!

I'll report back once I go to our PR this afternoon.

Hey guys, did you ever think that maybe TPCI sent out "prerelease" booster boxes which didn't have many EXes? They wouldn't want many people to pull EXes and just dominate at prerelease tournaments.

Akamu54 said:
Hey guys, did you ever think that maybe TPCI sent out "prerelease" booster boxes which didn't have many EXes? They wouldn't want many people to pull EXes and just dominate at prerelease tournaments.

I doubt it. I heard some Prereleases had tons of EXs, and some had almost none.

Glaceon said:
I doubt it. I heard some Prereleases had tons of EXs, and some had almost none.

At the PR I went to, almost half the people got a FA. There was like 6 Reshiram, 2 Kyurem (1 FA), 1 Shaymin, 2 Zekrom (1 FA), 2 FA Gigas, and 3 Mewtwo (1 FA). There wasn't many people at the PR, either. This wasn't even including the final two packs.

27th_wonder said:

In my initial 6 packs I got 2 prism energy and in my last 2 packs I got a DCE in both! Small sample size but I don't think they were short printed. However, in the 4 rounds of the tournament I played, I think my opponents combined played 1 DCE and 0 prism energy in the 4 games. But that doesn't mean they didn't have them and just didn't draw into them.

I had a look at some video on youtube from various pre-release events and nearly all of them got at least one DCE and one prism, so I'm happy enough to buy packs now

In my total 8 packs, I got 3 Prism and 1 DCE. They are definitely not short-printed and shouldn't be hard to get. I also saw that Prism RH and DCE RH were also quite common. Skyarrow on the other hand there were only 3 out of my friend's and I's total 16 packs. Might be a little harder to get those.

At my prerelease today we had around 60 people, so we opened around 10 boxes. Out of just my friends, people I play, and just random people I watched I saw more then 10 mewtwo EX, but only 2 of them are full art. So at our prerelease there was about 1 Mewtwo EX per box. Pretty good if you ask me. Also almost no one didn't pull an EX. I had 3 family members play and we got 1 Mewtwo EX, 1 Zekrom EX, 1 Regigigas EX, and 1 FA Kyrum EX.

Anecdotal evidence only, but we seemed to pull a lot of EXes at my prerelease. I pulled a Shaymin EX in my last two packs (that's mine on the front page!) and I saw quite a few being played. Our timeslot also ended up with at least 3 out of 4 shinies, I believe.

I'll be really disappointed if it really is only 2-3 EXes per box, considering that'd be about the same as the Japanese boxes which have only 20 packs. I'm still getting a box, though, so I'll be sure to post my pulls once it arrives.

at the Saturday Prerelease I went to the pull rates were something like this

Mewtwo EX 7-10
Zekrom EX 5-7
Reshiram EX 4-6
Kyurem EX 2-4
Shaymin EX 2-4
Regigigas EX 2-4

That's just a rough estimate and including full arts since I don't know how many full arts were pulled. Sunday's Prerelease was a little different though

Mewtwo EX 2-4
Zekrom EX 1-3
Reshiram EX 2-4
Kyurem EX 2-4
Shaymin EX 1-3
Regigigas EX 2-4

Again a rough estimate.

My pre release had a total of 2 Mewtwo Ex and 1 FA Mewtwo Ex

There were about 70 players. x8packs. (Counted all at the end)

The Juniors/Seniors division didn't pull any Mewtwos. The masters pulled 1FA/1Normal at tournament and an extra one from the x2 packs at the end. So in 560 packs....3 Mewtwo EX.

Goodluck pulling!

Between 37 players, we got at least one FA and Regular art of each EX. There were about 3 Regigigas.

We had a family of 4 go to our PR. This included the standard release and a side event. In all we opened 68 booster packs or 1.89 boxes. That said below is what we got, which should give you a better picture.

Ultra Rare Secret Chandelure - 1 or .5/box
Prism Energy - 11 or 6/box
Double Colorless Energy - 12 or 6/box
Mewtwo EX - 1 or .5/box
Zekrom EX - 1 or .5/box
Shaymin EX (FA) - 1 or .5/box
Kyrum EX - 2 or 1/box
Kyrum EX (FA) - 1 or .5/box
Rishiram EX - 1 or .5/box
Rishiram EX (FA) - 1 or .5/box
Zekrom EX - 1 or .5/box

Full Art EX Totals - 3 or 1.5/box
EX Standard Totals - 5 or 2.6/box
EX Totals (including FA) - 8 or 4.2/box

More Stadium Bridge cards than we can use...

Hope this helps you figure it out, but if you are like me and want 4 Mewtwo's, looks to be 8 boxes minimum, probably better to buy them outright.

The first pre-release I went to had about 60 people. I know of 3 people who pulled mewtwo EX. I pulled a Shaymin EX. No Shinies were pulled.
In the Draft Pre-release at the same venue there was at least 2 Mewtwo EX's pulled and there was only 24 people. Shiny Zoraork was pulled.

The second pre-release I went to I know of 4 people who pulled Mewtwo EX's. I pulled a FA Regigigas EX. Around 40+ people.
The draft afterwords iirc 2 Mewtwo EX's were pulled and there was only 12 people.

Quick break from Next Destinies info, for anyone who's interested in Dragon Selection and it's apparent lack of rarities.

This is from one booster box, so the information is anecdotal at best, but somewhat interesting.

It seems like the stage 2s and legendaries may be more rare than basics and stage 1s, with trainers being the rarest of all. Then again, 5 Latiases (what would the proper plural of that be?) throws that for a loop a bit. It could be random chance either way.

The rarity of the trainers did kind of surprise me, though it seems like trainers are a bit more rare to pull in recent Japanese sets anyway. However that could simply be a result of how the standard pack ratio is in Japan now (though that wouldn't apply to DS).

In short, one booster box gave me one full set, and I was one Exp. Share away from a second full set. So, should be decently easy for collectors to pick up what they want. (I did order a second box that I haven't opened yet. Debating whether I should sell it or open it and dance in the rain of all those holo cards. Knowing my willpower, probably the latter.)

Full pull details in spoiler:
From 1 booster box:
Dragonite line: 4/5-6/4-3
Salamence line: 5-5-3
Latias: 5
Latios: 3
Rayquaza: 3
Haxorus line: 5/4-5/4-3
Druddigon: 3
Trainers: 2/2/1

Back