Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
RE: The "Pull Rates" Thread

One of my friends whose a Pokemon TCG Judge recently got a booster box of Next Destinies and he told me via e-mail that the box came with just 3 EX's and 1 Shiny. It's almost like Next Destinies was built as a Collector's set more than a TCG Player's set, don't get me wrong though there's a few playable uncommons it's just that most of the playable cards in this set are EX's and when you only include 3 per box that's really bad.

That just makes the single versions of the EX's go up in value really bad like Mewtwo EX which was going for $60 a piece on Pre-Order and is expected to rise due to how hard it is to pull out of a box. So you're probably looking at a $70-80+ Mewtwo EX, I'm not sure how much the other EX's are going for but I expect EX's like Regigigas, Shaymin, and Zekrom to go up in price probably around how much Yanmega Prime and Luxray GL Lv. X were at their peak.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer

Since it's a Normal Rare it should be easier to pull than an EX. I don't really see it getting
much play currently in HGSS-On since Donphan and Terrakion are still popular. Granted the pull rates for the EX's I gave up on the Mewtwo hype but I might regret it somehow.

Kingdra_fan

Aspiring Trainer

Seriously re-considering buying a booster box now =/

I pre-orderded all the EX's I needed (apart from Mewtwo) on Troll and toad, I only need 2 MewTwo so I am thinking it might just be easier to buy two from T&T or E-bay :S wow, I am quite surprised at the ratio's for this set. Just out of interest what do you all consider to be a decent amount of EX's and Full Arts for this set?

Like 4 ex's and 2 full arts ? Is that a fair amount to get from a booster box ?

Furn

Aspiring Trainer

I'd honestly would have been fine with 2-2, that's what was first said when the prereleases started, or at least that would push me into definitely getting a box.

Or even guaranteeing a shiny if they don't want EXs to be slightly easier would have been fine.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer

Kingdra_fan said:
Seriously re-considering buying a booster box now =/

I pre-orderded all the EX's I needed (apart from Mewtwo) on Troll and toad, I only need 2 MewTwo so I am thinking it might just be easier to buy two from T&T or E-bay :S wow, I am quite surprised at the ratio's for this set. Just out of interest what do you all consider to be a decent amount of EX's and Full Arts for this set?

Like 4 ex's and 2 full arts ? Is that a fair amount to get from a booster box ?
Cut that in half and it's correct

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer

I'm unable to get the single versions of the EX's I want on Ebay so I'm forced to buy a box to get what I need hopefully. 2 straight Pre-Releases, 2 terrible EX cards, and everything else was garbage. Guess what EX's I pulled? Reshiram and Shaymin which are 2 out of 3 of the worst EX's in the ENTIRE set!

The only good EX's are Mewtwo, Zekrom, and Regigigas which is sad cause If you bought a box and the only 3 EX's you pulled were Reshiram, Kyurem, and Shaymin with one of them being a full art then proceed to light all the cards you pulled in a bonfire and cry in a corner for all I care cause that is disgustingly pitiful. >:/

What does TPCi take us for Yu-Gi-Oh! players? Players that only collect the cards? Next Destinies is an insult to people who are in the Pokemon TCG for playing the game and not to collect. The last time I was THIS disappointed with a set ratio was back when I played the Naruto CCG before they started doing Set Rotations.

Furn said:
Or even guaranteeing a shiny if they don't want EXs to be slightly easier would have been fine.

If the EX cards were as easy to pull as the Primes from the HeartGold/SoulSilver block I'd think we'd have less people complaining about getting the EX's they want for their decks so what you're seeing instead is they get a few good Uncommons (Cilan, DCE, Prism, Skyarrow being the only ones), maybe a halfway decent Normal Rare or two with no luck of pulling those crucial EX cards for their decks to be good.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

If you're looking for a few specific EXes to buy as singles, all you need to do is wait a week or two. Once the set has been officially released, there will be a lot more available. Since the only people who have the cards now are the people who went to prereleases, there are very few for sale. In this case, a little patience goes a long way and could save you both money and frustration.

Personally, I'm happy to be buying a box, since as a collector, I won't be bummed if I don't pull any of the "good" EXes, and the player part of me knows I can buy/trade for the EXes I want for a deck. I'll still enjoy all the other cards I'm getting for my money's worth.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer

Artemis said:
If you're looking for a few specific EXes to buy as singles, all you need to do is wait a week or two. Once the set has been officially released, there will be a lot more available. Since the only people who have the cards now are the people who went to prereleases, there are very few for sale. In this case, a little patience goes a long way and could save you both money and frustration.

Personally, I'm happy to be buying a box, since as a collector, I won't be bummed if I don't pull any of the "good" EXes, and the player part of me knows I can buy/trade for the EXes I want for a deck. I'll still enjoy all the other cards I'm getting for my money's worth.

Yeah at my last Pre-Release I went to I pulled a Shaymin EX and I almost traded it with a Catcher and some Codes for a Full Art Zekrom EX to trade for a Non Full Art Zekrom EX from someone else when I wasn't able to get the Full Art Zekrom EX later cause he got a Shaymin EX already from someone else.

Then when I tried to trade the Shaymin EX I realized that almost everyone at the Pre-Release had pulled at least one of them regardless If they were Full Art and I made the mistake of threatening to throw away the EX card since nobody wanted it cause I was so disappointed that I didn't pull ANYTHING good at the Pre-Release that I wanted.

I eventually traded it for a Gardevoir seeing it might see some play regardless If Catcher makes it unplayable so despite having the most terrible luck in Next Destinies not pulling any good EX's whatsoever it made me feel somewhat better but not satisfied at all really. Alot of my friends did end up pulling Mewtwo EX's where I was ya know sad face as usual with my terrible luck in this game.

Nigel

Extra Spicy

In Japan, EXs were as common as regular rares, plus they were counted as regular rares. Does anybody know if this is the same in the US?

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member

Nigel said:
In Japan, EXs were as common as regular rares, plus they were counted as regular rares. Does anybody know if this is the same in the US?

I wish...

Its like 2 EXs and 1 FA per box.

Verbivore

is a Magikarp user

Shinies are about 1/2 I think. You usually pull 2 EXs plus 1 FA/Shiny. 1/3 was Pikachu and Meowth, and Shinies are secret rares too but there are four of them.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

Booster box pulls:

Rarest Rares:
2 EXes
1 FA
1 SHINY (Chandelure! :D)

Other pulls (not counting RHs)
8 holos

T/S/S/E:
Got at least a playset of each, except Cilan, Pokémon Center, and Prism Energy (3 of each of those)

Interesting notes that probably don't mean anything:
All 3 of my EXes (2 regular, 1 FA) were in the front third of the box. However, I only got 1 regular holo in the whole front half (I was starting to get worried)! All the other holos were in the back half of the box. Chandelure was found towards the end, maybe my 8th to last pack or so.

Gistica

Hit me up for any questions about Competitive Play

What EX's did you pull Artemis, anything good. :p

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

Shaymin, Kyurem, and Shaymin FA. Wouldn't have minded the Shaymins so much (since I <3 Shaymin) if I hadn't already pulled a Shaymin at PR.

And now I've said Shaymin so much it doesn't even sound like a word anymore...

Kind of disappointed at the lack of Mewtwos since I was hoping/planning to put 1-2 into my 6C deck, but I still plan on getting blister packs, the Mewtwo box, and the tins when they come out, so I might still get lucky. If all else fails, there's trading and/or hoping the price starts to go down.

Trainerhan1

Chooses to not abandon his wagon.

What would be the most likely chance of pulling a EX and EX FA from a booster? I can never afford boxes.

Shakespeare

Collecting and playing from day one.

Glaceon said:
I wish...

Its like 2 EXs and 1 FA per box.

I can confirm that.
2 EX per box
1 EX FA in a box
Shinys 1 in every 3 boxes...

I just got done opening a case.

Akamu54

Bagon Farmer

What about the reports that some people had 4 EXes in their box? Also did you happens to pinpoint a certain EX pattern in the location?