The End of America?

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Click the link below and watch in it's entirety:

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/OPSIM308/PR

Or you can just click the refresh button while you're there to read the whole thing word for word while closing the window in the middle.

You could've at least shared the running time. Also could've told us to get alll of the info by subscribing to something.

anyways, it all seems true.

I didn't know what the running time was, and I didn't know you could get the info just by subscription.

There's got to be a way to fix the economy in the U.S., the source I posted layed out the problems now we just need to find solutions to those problems, we need to take action now.

i always knew america was going down the toilet but this just proves even more
america is offically screwed

Someone else has the same opinion as me!

I've been thinking this for about a year, and this only proves my point more. With the democrats in power, this is inevitable.
I have another video about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8gJSMoOJc&feature=pyv&ad=6050032234&kw=dollar

damn i want the book if anyone could download it and send to me via email that be great OwO if u actully do it for me just pm me and ill give email OuO

I wanna see the video,but my internet is acting wacky.

Um,this means the end of the United States?Or the end of ALL the CONTINENT of America?

There are numerous problems that cause America's problems. One of the biggest is the people themselves. Unlike other countries, most Americans /expect/ to be able to fimd a job easy, and /expect/ that they will get enough momey for there luxuries (Fast food, electronics, etc.) Living a poor and simple life isn't good enough for many people, which is why you hear many complaints. Living a simple and humble life is very underrated, and is very discouraged through media. The government corruption is another reason, but that's another story.

Oh here's another one: GTFO of other countries America. We have no buisness spending money and the lives of our people in other countries when we can't help our selves.

There are plenty of more things I could rant about, but it boils down to our way of life. The government would need to change our life standards in order to rebound. However, not many Americans will support a politician who is preaching lowering standards, in return for future wealth.

Having one of the worst systems of governments doesn't help either.

I am very blessed to live in a civilized and safe country (America), but that doesn't take away from it's many issues.

An Interesting Tidbit on the Article, "End of America" I posted earlier:

http://isabelhogue.typepad.com/retirement_income_lafayet//2011/01/end-of-america-what-is-it.html

End of America - what is it?
What's the truth behind The End of America video that's being advertised online and on the radio?

I watched the whooooooooooooooooole thing.

Here are my thoughts: Author Porter Stansberry's presentation is a replay of pitches for similar investment schemes that were popular during the 1980s.

I remember hearing, for example, on two different occasions during the 1980s, William Kennedy (Western Monetary Consultants) speak, following roughly the same outline as The End of America. The current events, of course, have been updated, but the general flow of ideas is the same. Kennedy published these ideas in a book, Hyperinflation and the Collapse of the Dollar.

I first heard Kennedy speak (in 1985?) at a conference in French Lick, Indiana. Kennedy was among the first speakers on the morning of the second day. During his rambling talk, Kennedy sipped from a cup of coffee that never left his hand. A bad sign.

Kennedy was convicted in 1993 of "racketeering, mail fraud and money laundering in a scheme that bilked investors out of an estimated $37 million."

Someone who worked for Kennedy at the time said in an online discussion: [Annonymous commenter]

I worked at Western Monetary Consultants in the early 80's. We were driven by Kennedy to sell sell sell, regardless of whether metals were going up or down . . . Then we had to constantly make excuses to our clients why they were waiting weeks or months for their metals or coins to be delivered . . . Coming from one who knew him and his business practices first hand, Kennedy is right where he belongs. -- February 17, 2008 8:59 PM

People who haven't had some exposure to an insurance or financial boiler room may not recognize the signs until it's too late. See the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) website for tips on recognizing the signs that you may be dealing with a boiler room operation.

A well trained, experienced financial advisor will help you diversify your assets to protect them, and will explain the risks involved in each choice.

Anyway, what is Stansberry really selling in The End of America?

I don't exactly know, but I have an idea. He mentions buying silver without taking possession of the metal. If his scheme is anything like William Kennedy's "unique silver accumulation program", you'll be offered ways to "leverage" your investment by buying silver with borrowed money. The concept was that the rise in the price of silver was a sure thing, due to the political and economic situation. Kennedy helped investors to take out loans to buy silver, which was held in a vault somewhere. At some point in the future, the investor would sell the silver, pay off the loans, and realize a profit.

There were the other aspects to the silver opportunity of the 1980s -- the Hunt brothers, for instance, who attempted to control the world silver market by investing in silver futures -- that are better understood in hindsight. Nelson Bunker Hunt and his brother are credited with causing the dramatic rise in the price of silver, a rise that at the time seemed to validate the claims of people like William Kennedy. In 1988-89, the Hunt brothers were convicted by the Feds of conspiring to manipulate the silver market

Back to Stansberry and The End of America: There may be other investments, besides a silver accumulation program, that Stansberry offers. One discussion forum I saw described a program for buying farmland in other countries. The commenter named "Ultra" wrote:

Farmland . . . Stansberry has a fund that you can invest in that purhases farmland overseas like in Argentina. Two were gold and silver and selling put options. Thats as far as I got so far.

What's the bottom line on The End of America?

I strongly agree that the US monetary system is in big trouble -- and has been for decades.

BUT -- I strongly disagree with the notion that putting your money into any of Stansberry's schemes, or with any of his "recommended brokers", will protect your assets.

Would you ask the fox to guard the hen house?

PS

It isn't my intention to single out William Kennedy. He is one of the many financial advisers that I can recall from the 1980s who rode the coattails of the disasterous political and economic policies of the US Government. These advisers built compelling marketing campaigns for their products and tapped into some very real and legitimate fears of that time. In that sense, Stansberry's The End of America is retro.

I still have a copy of Kennedy's newsletter, "Western Monetary Report" (Winter 1985-86). To be fair, I'll quote what Kennedy writes on page 17:

Too many individuals who understand the problems with our paper currency, and who know silver will protect their wealth, get into the wrong silver medium and end up losing their shirts.

People who believed that Kennedy could lead them into the right silver medium . . . DID end up losing their shirts.

But it was not the End of America.

Juliacoolo said:
Oh here's another one: get out of other countries America. We have no buisness spending money and the lives of our people in other countries when we can't help our selves.

It's difficult for the U.S. to sort of play the role as the "World Police" when other countries especially our allies refuse to volunteer and help us out and this is most likely due to financial troubles in the World Market. One of the reasons why we even invaded Afghanistan was to wipe out the Taliban and other associated terrorist organizations formed by Islamic extremists or whatnot however people are saying that Yemen and Pakistan are bigger threats yet we can't seem to afford it.

I also feel like we've accomplished our mission in Iraq (Our Vietnam Moment so to speak) however even though Iraq is closer to a stable democracy it's also under the threat of Iran with their troubles, maybe the reason why we haven't pulled out of Iraq is the fear of the Muslim Brotherhood taking over the country and with what's going on recently with the protests in the Middle East which started as a domino effect in Tunisia it seems like it's not stopping. I don't think it will effect Saudi Arabia that much, hopefully this mess blows over before it gets any worse especially with oil prices and inflation of food and resources rising like crazy.

The current state of the Economy has caused Muslims to try to bring forth a Revolution and Democracy to their own countries and unfortunately for them their leaders and governments are too stubborn not to realize that democracy and freedom for their people is the best choice of prosperity, it seems like the only things the Middle Eastern Governments care about is power and greed. Not all of them do a good example is former Egyptian Prime Minister Hosni Mubarak but aside from that he did have his problems which lead to his resignation.

Sure it's great that Muslims are standing up for their rights but because of how the Economy and Stock Market is based on human emotion prices for specific resources spike or decrease, Americans such as you and I get screwed because of this due to price inflation. What If we had a market that doesn't fluctuate on emotion? Then nobody would have to suffer. The problem now is that we either withdraw our troops to hurt the countries we're trying to stabilize and protect thus causing more problems for us, or stay in and not be able to financially take care of ourselves thus hurting ourselves even further, either way it's a lose-lose situation.

It seems like America is making fewer allies and more enemies across the world and WikiLeaks sort of broke that trust in foreign policy and diplomacy which I blame Julian Assange for being a douschebag for but I'll give him credit for one thing, he did help expose important information that is vital for us to know that News Networks like CNN and Fox News won't tell us.

Juliacoolo said:
There are plenty of more things I could rant about, but it boils down to our way of life. The government would need to change our life standards in order to rebound. However, not many Americans will support a politician who is preaching lowering standards, in return for future wealth.

Are you suggesting Martial Law? The U.S. Constitution is also important in our way of life too however financially in order to rebound we most likely need a simple government that's not too big or too small I suppose.

Guy- What does the Dems being in power have to do with anything? If McCain had won, he would find himself in the same position, and don't argue that he could have had ideas to change it. I realize that, but both political parties are having the same issues nationwide with the economy. I think that your statement there was an invalid argument. America won't end just because we run out of money because this has happened before in the 90's and we are still here today. Also, we have strong allies who are willing to help in crisis times, so I don't think that we should worry too much about this.

Unless you've been living under a rock this whole time, the Economy during the 90's was no where near as bad as it is today infact it was pretty prosperous until the economic crash in 2008 which started our financial crisis in the first place. Like Juliacoolo said, we're spending so much fighting in other countries where we can no longer afford to sustain ourselves at home. So what's the Government doing to try to avoid us getting into debt? print more money.

Government Spending is getting out of control to the point where eventually If we don't do something we will have to owe all our assets to China especially since they're beating us economically and they already own most of our country's debt. India is beating us as well while America isn't the superpower it once was. We're losing the race. I seriously hope we don't end up like British Sterling years ago, but hey If it happened to them it could very well happen to us here.

Well, after spending a few weeks studying Rome I saw the similarities and it clicked, but now I know how. I better tell my mom to stock six months of food. You guys have fun with this. I'm considering leaving. (Vacation wise)

Well there are some similiarities between the United States and Ancient Rome, however the issue with Rome is that Julius Caesar didn't know how to share power with his own government and people and that's what led to Rome's downfall. Not sure about their flow of government but I think it was a bit different compared to the U.S.

America on the other hand, was due to a screw up in money lending with financial institutions like Fannie & Freddie and AIG. Part of the problem was knowing who to trust on Wall Street and Main Street especially on how to properly work the economy right to avoid another Economic Meltdown like in 2008.

Card Slinger J said:
Well there are some similiarities between the United States and Ancient Rome, however the issue with Rome is that Julius Caesar didn't know how to share power with his own government and people and that's what led to Rome's downfall. Not sure about their flow of government but I think it was a bit different compared to the U.S.
Caesar knew how to share his power. It were the greedy people that took over. Caesar was killed in 44 BC, however that wasn't the end of the Roman Rebuplic at all. The Roman Empire was ended in 455 by a series of barbarian invasions, it was already severely weakened by itself, giving the barbarians a chance. But the death of Caesar wasn't the end of the Roman Empire as many people think.

Well it seems like my evacuation plan to NZ might come earlier than expected...

Another thing that in my opinion is digging a grave for this country is the two parties. Really, the two parties whether call each other names, blackmail, etc. than to try to fix any problems. It's like when Obama took over, all I saw was crap about whether he was a islamic, if he was gay, if he was born in America(actually would be important IF ANY OF IT WAS TRUE), his marriage and other random crap. It was also the same with Bush. I could rant on this all day, but I really don't feel like it right now.

Porter Stansberry said:
The best part is, you can take a look at my research, and receive everything I've mentioned here, at absolutely no risk or obligation.

Simply let me know you'd like to take a trial subscription to my monthly newsletter, called Stansberry's Investment Advisory, and I will immediately give you access to:
Research Report #1: The 4 Investment Assets You Do NOT Have to Report to the U.S. Government

Research Report #2: The Gold Investor's Bible

Research Report #3: Secrets of the Silver Market

Research Report #4: The 100% Secret - The Easiest Way to Make Money in a Risky Stock Market

Research Report #5: The World's Most Valuable Asset in a Time of Crises
Also, on the first Friday of each month, I'll send you my monthly newsletter, Stansberry's Investment Advisory. I'll keep you up to date on exactly what's going on regarding this financial crisis, and I'll show you some unusual and incredible ways to make money now and as it begins to unfold.

We have found some great ways to make a fortune as the government continues to try to bail out one failing industry after another.

I'll also keep you up to date on what I am doing to protect myself. I'll make sure you stay abreast of changes to the laws and government interventions.

And... every day the markets are open, I'll send you my paid-subscribers-only e-mail called the Stansberry & Associates Digest.

In short, I report on all the work my firm is doing... the most interesting investment ideas... what we're researching now... and what we expect to happen in the months to come.

So how much does my work cost... and how can you get started?

Well, a one-year subscription, including everything I mentioned here, normally costs $99 per year – that's what many others have paid.

But right now, you can try my research, for HALF-OFF the normal rate. You'll pay just $49.50 for an entire year.

Why so cheap?

Well, to be honest, our business really only works if our subscribers stick with us for the long-term. But we realize you've got to try our work first, to see if it's right for you.

And that's why, through this letter, we're making it so cheap, and essentially risk-free to try. What I mean is, you'll have the next four months to take a look at the Research Reports I've just described, plus the next four issues of my newsletter... and the next four months of my daily Digest reports.

If you decide for any reason my work is not right for you, just let us know and you can receive a full refund... and keep everything you've received so far.

In other words, by taking me up on this offer, you are agreeing only to TRY my work to see if you like it.

I hope you'll consider this offer seriously. I know in my heart it will be one of the best financial moves you ever make.

To get started, simply click on the link below, which will take you to a secure order form. Your order will be processed immediately, and you'll have access to all of my work in a matter of minutes.

Yeah... I'm not sure we can really take this entire thing for fact, just based on these last paragraphs.
While this will likely happen at some point unless we turn ourselves around and really buckle down on the debt, I doubt what this article claims will happen within the next year. But that's just me.

scuba stevee said:
Another thing that in my opinion is digging a grave for this country is the two parties. Really, the two parties whether call each other names, blackmail, etc. than to try to fix any problems. It's like when Obama took over, all I saw was crud about whether he was a islamic, if he was gay, if he was born in America(actually would be important IF ANY OF IT WAS TRUE), his marriage and other random crud. It was also the same with Bush. I could rant on this all day, but I really don't feel like it right now.

I think the problem is the Democratic Senate, they need to stop their feud with the Republican House by working together with them and get SERIOUS about the current problems at hand like help fix our economy, create jobs, and most importantly reduce the deficit and National Debt.

The way the Democratic and Republican parties are setup it's almost like as If they are making our country ungovernable instead of working together on a bipartisan level. Whatever happened to "United We Stand"? It's like ever since 9/11 we've become a divided nation whose lost it's essence.

Back