THE Durant thread: Durant NV.

I did.

Cinccino just takes 6 easy prizes. No drawpower in the deck Durant can take advantage of, nor Pokemon that 2hko it. It would be hard for Mew Jumpluff, because Jumpluff would 2hko Durant.

If Cincinno is that much of a problem, a couple Lost Remover will really bother the deck if you couple it with Weavile or N.

Then because Cinccino is never knocked out, they could just attach {P} energy.

Also, Durant should use Lost Remover and Crushing Hammer already.

Durant already running Lost Remover and Crush Hammer only furthers my point, and with psychic energy, they're twice as slow to attack. Not to mention you can Crush Hammer them.

Yes but you won't always have a Lost Remover/Crushing Hammer, or flip tails, while Cinccino can continue to attach energy.

Has anyone considered Archeops? It won't hurt the prize rate, since Archen isn't a basic.

If you set Archeops up fast enough, you could prevent an Emboar or Typhlosion showing up. Or you could de-evolve with Seeker if they have no benched basics.

The fossil mechanic is awful and there is no way you could set up Archeops before Typhlosion or Emboar. It would also take a lot of space and not help at all against many decks. It's awful in Durant (actually, its awful period).

I wouldn't be so quick to bash Archeops. A 3-2 line with 3 Plume Fossil or something along those lines isn't that hard to fit in, and like apophys said you'll still start with Durant as often. It can get out pretty fast, you just have to get lucky or use Research Record. If you do get it out pretty fast, it really does cripple anything that isn't ZPST.

Technically you'll always start with Durant, but that's aside the point...

But, Meaty, taking your idea, that's 8-11 deck spaces (3 Plume fossil, 3-2 line, and 0-3 Research Records). That's about a fifth of your deck just to get a card that you need like on your first few turns. Yes, Durant does have a lot of space for extra cards like this, but I'd much rather use those 10 extra spaces for cards like Juniper, Collector, Eviolite, Crushing Hammer, etc. On top of that, if the ruling is true, then Rare Candy plays around Archeops. In the next format, Donphan is gonna have a very low showing. Eviolite and Kyurem can wreck Donphan. So, the only real evolutions next format are Vileplume, Reuniclus, Gothitelle, Typhlosion, and Emboar (for Candy-ables) and Yanmega and Zoroark for non-Candy-ables (and they both already have a hard Durant matchup.)

Does Durant run Catcher? I could see that being helpful in tandem with lost remover, crushing hammer and the like. You could use Catcher to drag out someone with no energy (and high retreat cost if possible), to increase your stalling options while you mill.

Trying to prevent Vileplume/Goth from coming and blocking Revive is reason enough to seriously consider Archeops.

Through testing Gliscor and I have discovered how good FSL is in Durant. Also, this tech is inconsistant and takes 9 cards.

I'm actually pretty sure that Rare Candy doesn't work around Archeops. Honestly you could easily just run 2-2 Archeops with 2 plume fossil and optionally 2 research record, since you're probably already running 4 junk arm. That's 6 to 8 cards, and if you ask me, stopping evolution altogether is definitely worth it. The only decks that Archeops would get catchered and killed against are Reshiram and Zekrom, in which case Archeops doesn't really serve any purpose.

Archeops isn't necessary here. It seems like people are just looking for pokemon to add to a deck that doesn't need anymore. 1 Rotom is optional, other than that I don't see why people need to push for something more than just 4 durant, when that's all you need. You discarding their deck turn after turn is enough of a disruption against any evolutions Archaeops would block.

I am curious about crushing hammer and lost remover, though. How effective are these at actually stalling out your opponent? I can tell some people see them as staples, but I feel like they are often times just dead draws and my list already seems a bit tight as is without them included.

They are actually very affective. In mirror it works very well, and yesterday I was playing ZPST vs Durant, and my opponents Crushing Hammer kept me from attacking. Also, if you can get 2 in one turn it's really bad.

Meaty said:
I'm actually pretty sure that Rare Candy doesn't work around Archeops.

I've been seeing around the internet people saying that a new ruling is stating that Rare Candy does play around Archeops. There's no real confirmation yet, however.

glaceon said:
They are actually very affective. In mirror it works very well, and yesterday I was playing ZPST vs Durant, and my opponents Crushing Hammer kept me from attacking. Also, if you can get 2 in one turn it's really bad.

Are you running a 2-2 split +junk arms? Or going 3-4 of each for serious stall/disruption?

I think he was running a 2/2 or 2/1 split. That's all you need because of Junk Arms.

Figured you guys would like to know that I have played against a Durant deck on PlayTCG twice tonight. I was using a LostGar. The first game I lost to Mull. It is a very fast and difficult deck to play against, almost always getting the 4 Durant on bench T1. But on the rematch I knew how to play against it and was able to slow it down and get rid of the Durants by Lost Zoning them. Even with my very VERY slow set up/attack i still got the upper hand eventually.

The opponent ran a 2-2 Weavile line, which was pretty useless actually and was never game breaking. Because I always used what I needed when I had it, Weavile was never out in time to do anything but discard useless cards. He/She did use N though, which actually screwed me up in the first couple turns because when I used communication for a stage 2 since I had a rare candy on hand. next turn he used N and slowed me down even more. Although I wish he would have used it late game, considering he discarded my Oaks and I had no way to hand refresh.

Back