• Christopher Eccleston

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • David Tennant

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Matt Smith

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think they went a little too far with the Thomas Thomas thing. I was clever, but a little too unrealistic.

We have something that might lead to the season finally here. Clara learned the Doctor's name (even if she forgot) and the history of the Time War (another mystery of New Who). This might lead to the season finally when we are going to know something new about this (probably). She was thought dead at the begining (see a dead pattern happening). I won't be surprise if she dies (again) in the finale.
[/quote]

Not to meantion at the end we see Jonh Hurt playing an unknown incarnation of the Doctor and he's set to appear in the 50th anniversary.

I got a very good feeling he's our 12th Doctor.

Matt Smith has confirmed that he has no plans to end his tenure as The Doctor, and he has already signed on for season 8. I doubt that they would have already cast the 12th Doctor. A theory I have heard circulated and that I personally like, is the idea that he somehow came between 8 and 9, and he was the one who fought, and ended the time war.

Benjineer said:
Matt Smith has confirmed that he has no plans to end his tenure as The Doctor, and he has already signed on for season 8. I doubt that they would have already cast the 12th Doctor. A theory I have heard circulated and that I personally like, is the idea that he somehow came between 8 and 9, and he was the one who fought, and ended the time war.

Then that means Matt Smith is the 12th doctor then and the previous 2 are 10 and 11, so that makes John Hurt our lost 9th Doctor.

I wonder if this John Hurt Doctor will be the old Doctor that River Song was referring to regarding her goodbye picnic or something back in her first episode. If so that'll mean more River Song and not only that but maybe she'll have a role in the whole time war too. Great. :(

Well, Matt Smith is now confirmed leaving. And I've got five more episodes to watch of the seventh season. I'm liking Clara and I'm looking forward to the next doctor. (Nothing against Matt though.)

I thought that was confirmed like a week or two ago...

Old news is old for me. He's leaving after the Christmas special.

And yes, it's heartbreaking. :[

dmaster out.

Although I liked Matt Smith's performance as the Doctor, I still think that David Tennant was the best cause I liked his personality more. Also whether or not If John Hurt will be the 12 incarnation of the Doctor hasn't been confirmed yet, I would assume that he's actually the 11th Doctor but from a parallel universe that's opposite of our own where he didn't become the Doctor in Gallifrey. If you've seen how the ending to BioShock Infinite unravels then you know where I'm getting at with this.

Card Slinger J said:
I would assume that he's actually the 11th Doctor but from a parallel universe that's opposite of our own where he didn't become the Doctor in Gallifrey.

Yes, I agree. I don't think that they would reveal the new doctor that early anyway, and thos explanation makes sense.

On Mat Smith's performance: I love his kooky, enjoyable approach, but I still think that David Tennant is the better actor, especially in more dramatic/sad scenes.

Hurt is supposed to be the forgotten doctor, from the time wars, so he won't be the 12th doctor since he's supposed to be the 9th doctor. 50th Anniversary in November is going to be great, Tennant and Smith, Rose and Clara, and most importantly Rose and River, they're probably both the Doctor's wife.

You're right cause awhile ago one of my friends told me that John Hurt was supposed to be originally cast as the 9th Doctor instead of Christopher Eccleston. So, after that mishap by BBC, they allowed Hurt to be on the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who to make up for not casting him as the Doctor back in 2005 when the franchise rebooted. Glad I was wrong about John Hurt being the 11th Doctor from a parallel universe in Doctor Who.

[private]Minor grammar issues, fixed. Verbally warned[/private]

Meet the new 'Doctor Who,' Peter Capaldi

http://www.today.com/entertainment/meet-new-doctor-who-peter-capaldi-6C10843363

Who are you? Well, on Sunday, the BBC (and BBC America in the U.S.) let adoring fans of the 50-year-old series "Doctor Who" in on who will play the next incarnation of the traveling Time Lord: Peter Capaldi.

Capaldi will play the 900-plus-year-old 12th Doctor and takes over the role from Matt Smith in an episode that will air on Nov. 23 in the UK.

"Doctor Who belongs to all of us," said Capaldi after the announcement.

To be honest; the new doctor looks nothing like I woulda imagined. He's not bad, though!

I'm not following Doctor Who THAT much anymore, but I do still watch it at times.

Isn't Matt going to regenerate in the Christmas special? November's the 50th Anniversary.
The new Doctor actually looks like a good Doctor. I am pleased.

The new Doctor appeared in the episode "The Fires of Pompei". I thought The 12th Doctor was appearing in the Christmas special unless he appears but he doesn't regenerate yet.

Everything I've read so far is that he'll be first appearing in the Christmas special and will regenerate from Matt Smith.

dmaster out.

So Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor and he was in an episode before (making him the 2nd actor since Colin Baker to get the role prior to landing it.)

The Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Just got hooked... Staying up very late watching doctor who now. I might need to see a doctor if this continues.

Been a major fan ever since it came out. Can't wait till november and christmas now. I hope we actually get a proper tie together for everything though. Still don't know why the silence were after the doctor and who took control over the tardis. Also annoys me how both the daleks and the master have now been gotten rid of. I know they have to introduce new stuff and creatures but that just sucks.

Back