Votes: 1 10.0%
  • David Tennant

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Matt Smith

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry i've been gone so long.
The name of the new companion is clara oswin, i'm guessing she'll be oswin's ancestor, seeing as the episode is set in victorian times.
Who's looking foward to the christmas special? I've got really high hopes for it, and apparently some reviewers have called it the best episode ever.
They've redisigned the tardis console, whose seen it? It looks pretty cool. They're also changing the title sequence and theme music.
And yes, i have read the star trek/doctor who crossover, anyone who hasn't read it should get it now!

I felt bad for Oswin too. The only thing about the Daleks forgetting the Doctor is that then the other Dalek episodes won't have the grudge trying to kill the Doctor. Davros is dead (but I'm not surprised if he returns).
Is she Clara Oswalt? Oswin's last name was Oswalt.
I want to see another episode with the Master.

Why do I get the feeling that once Clara joins the Doctor as his companion that she's probably going to end up becoming a Dalek later on in the series and ends up in the Asylum where she died the first time we've seen her in the series unless somehow the Doctor changes her fate to where she still lives I guess?

Remember that time loop with River Song in the astronaut suit being forced to kill the Doctor and he somehow managed to prevent his own death by a deus ex machina that made him an immortal Time Lord? Yeah that went well didn't it? I personally would've liked it better If the Doctor wasn't immortal cause it ruins the purpose of life.

You are not the only one that have that feeling. The Doctor can't stop because he already knows that she will become a Dalek. Once someone knows what will happen, he can't stop that from happening (as stated in Angels Take Manhattan). We need to wait until April for the next episode.

Damn_Moon...jpg

He only thinks of grenades and is potato-headed

That's not actually what's going to happen! Clara Oswin Oswald is the same as Oswin from the Asylum, but in a different place/time. She's the same person recurring in different points basically, but she doesn't remember the Doctor either time. It's hinted at in the special with GI- the 'Greater Intelligence' that runs the snowmen, that maybe she's part of some greater intelligence and can keep popping up at different points in time because she's more of an intelligence than an actual person (though I guess we'll have to wait to find out). A couple things are for sure, though: 1. She will keep coming back even though she's died twice, and 2. They aren't pulling a River Song on us and showing us her end, since that's not her end (in a Jack Harkness-esque way, she can come back to life when she dies, but in a different place/time and without memory of the last time(s)).

Then GI may be a story arc. That would also mean that she would always forget the Doctor.
In the part of River, when you watch Silence in the Library, River says that the last meeting between the Doctor and her he gave her his Sonic Screwdriver. That means that there must be a missing episode of River which consists of when he gives her the Sonic Screwdriver.

Flygon2071 said:
You are not the only one that have that feeling. The Doctor can't stop because he already knows that she will become a Dalek. Once someone knows what will happen, he can't stop that from happening (as stated in Angels Take Manhattan). We need to wait until April for the next episode.

She's going to become a Dalek whether the Doctor likes it or not, he may be a Time Lord but he won't be able to change her fate. Remember the time cracks that showed up when we first meet the 11th Doctor? That could happen again and I think it was the result of the Doctor changing history throughout his travels in the universe since the series began back in the 1960's.

Card Slinger J said:
She's going to become a Dalek whether the Doctor likes it or not, he may be a Time Lord but he won't be able to change her fate. Remember the time cracks that showed up when we first met the 11th Doctor? That could happen again and I think it was the result of the Doctor changing history throughout his travels in the universe since the series began back in the 1960's.

It may be but it would be since the Time War as time got rewritten. The coming soon looks like the season will be quite interesting and also it seems that the Cybermen from Mondas will appear again.

series-7-part-2-coming-soon-trailer-31-cybermen-510x287.jpg

Clara's not going to become a Dalek, guys... At least not this one. We've seen her pop up 3 independent times- and in 2 of them she died. It's clear they were different versions of her. Something to do with GI, from what I'm hearing speculated.

Something that my sister pointed out:

On the episode after Christmas (I forgot the name) Clara was still acting Victorian (from last visit of the Doctor) which was pointed out at the coffee shop. She knew nothing about technology but she got uploaded and became a genius when working on computers. On the episode of "Daleks Asylum" she is a genius with computers.

The idea is that it is just 1 timeline that happens from the first Clara (Victorian in the snowmen) to the second Clara (the one we are seeing now which is a computer genious now) to the third Clara (the one from the Dalek Assylum).

All 3 are completely separated so Clara won't turn into a Dalek. They are all different Clara's but get the same traits. The idea is that when 1 Clara dies, she'll reappear later (the one from Snowmen reappeared in the next episode). When she dies, she would reappear in the Asylum and then she'll appear somewhere else.

Does anyone know if the complete series DVDs have been re-released or something? I remember seeing them always selling for like $65 and up. But recently I've found Series 1-4 for $28.99 each. That's a pretty big drop.

My favorite episodes are Midnight, Waters of Mars, and End of Time. My absolute favorite story is Utopia/Sound of Drums/Last of the Timelords

Why has no one commented in the new episodes? There hasn't been much talk since the Christmas episode.

The GI is behind all of this and lives on. The GI is very probably going to appear in the season finally being the story-line (or whatever you are going to call it) of the season. Clara got uploaded but saved by the Doctor. You could say its like if she died (score it 3). Clara gets a packing day at the end
...Of course she doesn't refuse. Clara's story is very nice (the one I like the most of all the companions in New Who). I couldn't get why did the spirit appear in that Sun. A nice episode to see.
I never got to the point of the Snow Warriors in Classic Who. I like when the Doctor has to resolve it without the SSD and the Tardis (might as well include Psychic Paper).
A ghost story! It always spices part of the season. IDK what were those things. Not much to say here really.
We have something that might lead to the season finally here. Clara learned the Doctor's name (even if she forgot) and the history of the Time War (another mystery of New Who). This might lead to the season finally when we are going to know something new about this (probably). She was thought dead at the begging (see a dead pattern happening). I won't be surprise if she dies (again) in the finale.

Well, I know she has an awesome toy.

She has flipping G1 Galvatron. FLIPPING G1! Like, 1986 Galvatron! Back when he wasn't voiced by Welker, but instead Leonard Nimoy. Gosh he made a good Galvatron... Whew. I had a Transfan reaction during that episode...

I also lol'd at "Thomas Thomas" helping out potato-head, who seems to have a wonderful way with horses.

Kecleon-X said:
Well, I know she has an awesome toy.

She has flipping G1 Galvatron. FLIPPING G1! Like, 1986 Galvatron! Back when he wasn't voiced by Welker, but instead Leonard Nimoy. Gosh he made a good Galvatron... Whew. I had a Transfan reaction during that episode...

I also lol'd at "Thomas Thomas" helping out potato-head, who seems to have a wonderful way with horses.

I haven't watched the episode. You evil spoiler! Please episode reviews in spoilers (I'll update the post later with my episode review).

Back