The Competitiveness of Each State

Which point system do you like better?

• Alexmf2's point system

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Celebi23's point system

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
ComfortEagle said:
The fact my state is not full of scrubs makes me want to start playing TCG.

kindasortamaybenotreallyprollynotlol

imo this system is flawed. Skill level of states should be determined by a ratio of top cut players to total number of players. Just my two cents that probably mean nothing.

Everyone will be playing each other at most tournaments if they are from the same state. If some of those people can make cut at Nats, that means there are more good people in that area.

Mudkip, that was exactly what I was thinking. I will do those next year too, and compare it. The more years I do, the better the information will be.

I'm going to add a poll, to see which point system people like better.

Another flaw I can see with this is the location of Nats. Conveniently, Ohio is right next to Indiana so it's easier to get to Nats compared to people living on the West Coast.

I know it shouldn't make that big of a difference, but not every decent player could go this year.

California whooooooooo!!!!!!! But I prefer Alex's much more because it has a wider range.

Mudkip, that is another annoying variable, but there isn't really anything I can do to even it out.

Glace said:
"Maryland have loads of competitive players,"

lolno.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/championship-series/ratings-and-rankings/?cycle=9&division=all&location=176&state=42&type=points&product=tcg&btn-search=Search

Penn on the other hand is competitive.

They removed my name.... I was twenty-sixth.
Dubbayew-tee-eef Pokemon.

My state made the list? Shock! Disbelief!

Oh well the world ends in 5 months, anyways.

Mudkip711 said:
I'm pretty sure Ohio is the toughest state in terms of players. We have many good masters (as you can see by this thread), great seniors (Ty Wheeler represent), and awesome Juniors (Top 4 at Worlds 2011). Are all you lesser states jealous?

In all seriousness, if we keep doing this as an annual thing it could really show which states are the most consistent.

Unfortunately this is true. Even as a Wisconsinite, i have to admit this is true.

This is the part where I give my "Wisconsin's player pool is underrated" spiel

Last year, my tournament center had the most players qualify for worlds than any other store on the planet. We had 4. 3 of the 4 regularly compete in the masters division now. And when I say at our tournament center, that's all people who live within a 10 mile radius, not people who showed up to our tourney center just for regionals. We regularly get players like Pooka and Jay Hornung (we even got Jason K one year. That was a fun regionals.) at anything bigger than a cities.
/defense of home state.

I have to say, this is a really cool idea, determining the competitiveness of each state based on nats. And if you think it's flawed because Ohio's right next door, look who's number 2 on Celebi's list. This is a really unique idea.

Back