Project The Community Pokédex Project! Poll 3 Results

There will be only one version, but next poll we'll be able to vote on the name.

The options I'm planning are

- Pokemon Beach Version
- Pokemon Purple Version
- Pokemon Indigo Version
- Pokemon Unleashed

Any other suggestions? I'll also put an "other" option as well for the poll.

Also, we have 30 responses so far! 10 more until we meet our goal!

Pokemon Beach version. Make it so. It's like the name that needs to be there.

This forum is called PokeBeach after all. XD

There will be only one version, but next poll we'll be able to vote on the name.

- Pokemon Beach Version
- Pokemon Purple Version
- Pokemon Indigo Version
- Pokemon Unleashed

Pokémon Unleashed seems great because we're having options (lots of btw)! and breaking boundaries.

Pokemon 'Beach version, Pokemon @ the Beach, Pokemon Totally Beachin'...
Y'know, we don't have to do the same thing 4chan did and treat it like an actual Pokemon game with the titles and everything.

Pokemon 'Beach version, Pokemon @ the Beach, Pokemon Totally Beachin'...
Y'know, we don't have to do the same thing 4chan did and treat it like an actual Pokemon game with the titles and everything.

Well, treating it like an actual game was the plan...see last year's Pokemon Shuffle Threads. This is basically using the same formula, but voting with prexisting Pokemon.

I don't think it was an option in the second poll, but considering that Mewtwo is gonna be the big important legendary in this, it may be interesting to have Mew as the secondary legendary and during the postgame there's a whole thing about discovering Mew2's origins and it's connection to Mew could be an interesting direction to take it in.
Just a thought.

(also, it should 10/10 be called Pokemon Beach Version)

I don't think it was an option in the second poll, but considering that Mewtwo is gonna be the big important legendary in this, it may be interesting to have Mew as the secondary legendary and during the postgame there's a whole thing about discovering Mew2's origins and it's connection to Mew could be an interesting direction to take it in.
Just a thought.

(also, it should 10/10 be called Pokemon Beach Version)
Well, I only included Pokemon that had at least 2 votes in the first poll. I believe Mew only had 1 when the poll's deadline hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've only gotten 1 response in the last 8 hours so I'll let this end a day early - On 8/8 at 6:30 PM the poll ends and the new one should be up.

34 responses total, though. Great job!

- Pokemon Beach Version
- Pokemon Purple Version
- Pokemon Indigo Version
- Pokemon Unleashed

Pokémon Beach version.

Results!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17ltauzZHofb3sjTaifacyn7FCbgfCT5GjzU9cp86hw4/viewanalytics

Quick Summary
Pichu/Mareep win
Scyther/Heracross/Whirlpede/Karrablast win
Gloom/Tropius/Shroomish/Skiddo win
Meowth/Kangaskhan/Tarous/Zangoose/Herdier win
Togetic/Yanma/Skarmory/Vivillion win
Honedge/Ghastly/Litwick/Golett/Phantump win (Was only supposed to be 4 winners but there was a tie)
Sneasel/Lapras/Swinub/Snorunt/Spheal win (88% of people who voted voted for Sneasel)
Onix/Clefairy/Bagon/Carbink win
Porygon wins, Eevee wins the fan vote with 4 other responses going to Eevee. 2 of these 4 responses called for Eevee to be shiny.
3 Fossil Pokemon
Aerodactyl, Relicanth, Tyrunt are fossils
Elekid/Magby/Smoochum are secondary starters
Hoopa is second most important legendary

Next Poll: Finishing Up The Pokedex and a intro to our next part of the process, the region!

http://goo.gl/forms/vtBfd2Ob35

Last edited:
My first response about the region and team name is "name the region and towns after something related to beaches, and call the evil team something that disturbs the peace at a beach"

^ Exactly what I was thinking, but I got stumped on the team name. Team Garbage? Team Pollution? Team Oil Tankers?

I think Reggie needs to collect ideas for the region name + region team and then make a new poll using all the ideas that have been submitted through the "other".

I think Reggie needs to collect ideas for the region name + region team and then make a new poll using all the ideas that have been submitted through the "other".

Yeah, this is what I put down as a suggestion in the other line as well when I voted. I don't think we should reuse an existing team, but I think it would be better if we work together to pick out a team name and aesthetic rather than randomly choosing names that were made up and that we know nothing about, because the other ones presented felt very generic.

Alright, I've decided to remove the questions for the region name and team name, and I will make a second poll later today where you can put in your team/region name idea.

I've done the new poll! After having a hard time chosing the Grass species, it gets harder again with the Poison type! -.- Torture I say!

Okay, here's my Idea. We should base the region off of Antofagasta, Chile.

It's by the beach. This places the water into our region, and since Chile's on the ocean, we can have as much water as we want.
Then there's a strip of land that can give us space for our towns and cities while still being close to the water.
Then, there's the mountain area. This is the space where our caves can go, where the Pokemon league can lay, and where the evil team can hide out.

Antofagasta_bord_galleryfull.jpg

Also, @Reggie McGigas , If you want someone to write the story for this game, I could do it :D

Back