Project The Community Pokédex Project! Poll 3 Results

@thegrovylekid I like your region idea - here's mine as well.

Mine is based off Miami, Florida along with the Flordia Keys. This region would be somewhat of a mix between Unova, Hoenn, and The Orange Islands. The architecture in Flordia is really intriguing, as I have been in around half the states in the USA and Flordia is definitely the most unique in terms of the architecture/
Eye3.jpg

Also, @thegrovylekid, while your ideas and imput are appreciated, I believe that we should have everyone's ideas involved in terms of the story.

Hm. I think @thegrovylekid's pitch interests me more as a region. But the photo of Miami looks like it'd make for a sweet Battle Frontier. It's got everything I think a frontier should have - it's busy, it's extravagant, and look, there's even a Tower and a Dome right there. I get the impression that the awesome upscaled Battle Frontier we've all been waiting for since Emerald could easily look something like that.

My votes are in for both current polls.

If you need clarification on why I chose the name I did for the region, don't hesitate to drop me a message Reggie.

My votes are in for both current polls.

If you need clarification on why I chose the name I did for the region, don't hesitate to drop me a message Reggie.

I think it'd be great for you to pitch the region idea here so everyone can see it! We are voting on the region name next poll, with the choices being everyone's entries, so pitching/promoting your region like I did may be a good idea.

I think it'd be great for you to pitch the region idea here so everyone can see it! We are voting on the region name next poll, with the choices being everyone's entries, so pitching/promoting your region like I did may be a good idea.

Understood; I'll do as such. When would the evil team be discussed? After the region name has been determined/decided?

Here are my thoughts on the region.

I was trying to think of a good name, and, unable to figure anything out from the site's name alone, went to Google Translate (I know, terrible source, but good enough). "Beach" was translated to Litus, in Latin. I therefore decided to cast my vote for Litus as the name of the region.

I decided that Sydney, Australia, would be a good place to base the region on, because the opera house would make a fantastic Pokémon League building. :) Australia is also surrounded by water and is even part of the region Oceana.
Sydney_Opera_House_Close_up_HDR_Sydney_Australia.jpg

Here are my thoughts on the region.

I was trying to think of a good name, and, unable to figure anything out from the site's name alone, went to Google Translate (I know, terrible source, but good enough). "Beach" was translated to Litus, in Latin. I therefore decided to cast my vote for Litus as the name of the region.

I decided that Sydney, Australia, would be a good place to base the region on, because the opera house would make a fantastic Pokémon League building. :) Australia is also surrounded by water and is even part of the region Oceana.
Sydney_Opera_House_Close_up_HDR_Sydney_Australia.jpg

Oh yes Sydney! Totally not because it's Aussie <3.

I propose the region name to be one of the Japanese words for "Beach", 'Kaigan'.

So I went with Shorlantis, because I had no clue on what the name should be. It's a combination between Shore and Atlantis, but tbh I like some of the other names better :3

I think that Thailand would be a good place to base our region on. It is surrounded by water on both sides of its peninsula, and has both mountains, rivers, jungles and plains, not to mention all of the beaches.
PBK_Landing_Leaderboard.ashx

kort-thailand.jpg

Sorry this was late - I was out all day. The new poll is coming soon!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ONeUArlg_jfcnuhE86wGfKxD2859B0qpsqcFV41iQlw/viewanalytics

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18fOu34wlnrKc48wAqr2dtGEhCOpuNcHsILItyue-HuA/viewanalytics

Here is the poll 4 - where we decide once and for all on the region.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uxY45biG3bmUmF6NHolOAeCJ0Gk7fAlaRP_uPP8guw0/viewform?usp=send_form

Now we'll pitch our Evil Team plans in this thread. I'll do so tommorow. Then, on 8/15, we will vote on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't quite remember what I wrote in the evil team poll as reasoning, but hopefully this is close enough to what I had.

Team Pollution:

With the thought that the ocean, being full of undrinkable saltwater, doesn't really do anything for anyone, Team Pollution sees it as the perfect place to dump waste. Why put garbage on land, thereby taking up space that humans could otherwise occupy, when you have a massive hole full of water sitting right on the edge of the region?

They use a combination of Poison-, Ground-, Grass-, and Electric-type Pokémon. Poison because pollution, Ground because that's what they want to save by getting rid of the waste, Grass and Electric because they don't like water. The Pokémon they use is naturally subject to change, I just thought I'd throw it out there. :)

I'd like to build on the pollution idea a bit. I like the concept of pollution being built into the theme of the evil team, but "lol we want to pollute the ocean" isn't really fitting as the goal for an evil organization, and as a name it just feels silly.

Perhaps the pollution should be a means to an end rather than a goal. What if the evil team were a technological corporation, similar to Devon Corp or Silph Co? We'll call them "Evil LLC" for now. Evil LLC likes to make new technology that makes life easier for people and Pokémon, and right now they're currently working on Huge Project X that will revolutionize the region. Unfortunately, the construction is displacing a lot of wild Pokémon and creating large amounts of waste that are getting dumped into the sea. Team Evil (placeholder name, obvs) is introduced to the player as they rush around to cover up the damage done to the region. The grunts would just be lackeys and the like, whereas admin could be higher placed being in various places of the company. The head could be the CEO or whatever, but I think it would be better if the actual head of Team Evil was, like, the CEO's secretary or something, and the CEO him-/herself really thought they were just making a better world for people and Pokémon and didn't realize how much damage they were causing to the environment.

I guess that means I need to think up a good name now, hmm. With a technology-based team, I'd like to find a kind of shortish, cool sounding word that has a technological connection. Team Aether? Team Cipher? Team Aero? Team Python? Team Hashtag?

I think I like Team Cipher the best, Aether second. Just tossing things out there, though. If people want me to expand on the idea more, I'd be happy to.

I'm
569.png
at coming up with names for anything, so I picked the name "The totally not Evil" team. Their plan would be pretty similar, pollute the ocean, just read this.
With the thought that the ocean, being full of undrinkable saltwater, doesn't really do anything for anyone, Team Pollution sees it as the perfect place to dump waste. Why put garbage on land, thereby taking up space that humans could otherwise occupy, when you have a massive hole full of water sitting right on the edge of the region?

A capitalist corporation secretly with no qualms about it but having a public ruse would be great...taking a cue from T. Galactic, the Corporation could be called "LIVE Corp." with their nature being in plain (LIVE -» EVIL)...as for the hierarchy...have mercenaries aka Pokémon trainers with no issues in profiting from Pokémon as the grunts (outsourcing) and the admin. be the shareholders's board. The CEO and leader would be a disguised Giovanni. The leader can have private bodygards (four, two?) that are an elite and something that while not between the shareholders and Giovanni, are this guy's last "defense".
As for their public ruse...development and aid to Pokémon trainers by creating a network of PokéLIVECenters to fill for PkCenters where they don't exist while also selling merchandise, creating new Pk Schools (to survey future mercenaries), while also having a Tv Station to further their own goals, namely in content and as a way to gain influence and control the masses.

PS: my vote for the region is in.

Last edited:
I actually think that Thena's and Leaf_Ranger's ideas could work quite nicely together.

I thought of just Pokemon Poachers (a la J from the anime) who catches Pokemon (trainers and wild) and then sells them illegally to their clients.

My evil team vote was for a plan similar to Team Plasma's plan in Pokemon Black and White 2. I had this idea from an old RPG on another forum in which the evil team would freeze the region solid.

Now, after B2/W2, this idea sounds really stupid and almost a point-to-point copy...

A capitalist corporation secretly with no qualms about it but having a public ruse would be great...taking a cue from T. Galactic, the Corporation could be called "LIVE Corp." with their nature being in plain (LIVE -» EVIL)

Ah yes, LIVE corp from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2.

I am really liking the pollution ideas. However, my idea doesn't really go along with that. Here's my idea for the evil team.

Team Genesis.

Their goal: Do illegal experimentation on Pokemon in order to create stronger monsters and take the region by force. They are also trying to find Mewtwo which the main character gets to first, and has to defeat the evil team using it.

Post game: With their equipment destroyed and no chance at recreating mewtwo, they try to get Hoopa and use it to obtain mewtwo and other legendary pokemon. This accidentally releases Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem and allows you to capture them.

Last edited:
My ideas:
Team Stuff(Placeholder name)
----Goals---
Their goals would probably be the opposite of what Jabberwocky suggested: 'Why have so much industrial areas when we could turn it into forests and lakes!'
Judging by the ideas for the regions, about half of them would have some sort of huge industrial area and/or small industrtial areas(i can spel too),so they would unwittingly displace a lot of pokemon and/or people.
They would use Grass,Fairy,Fighting and Water-type pokemon.

Pokedex So Far
1. Turtwig
2. Grotle
3. Torterra
4. Charmander
5. Charmeleon
6. Charizard
7. Froakie
8. Frogadier
9. Greninja
10. Pidgey
11. Pidgeotto
11. Pidgeot
12. Noibat
13. Noivern
14. Zigzagoon
15. Lionoone
16. Weedle
17. Kakuna
18. Beedrill
19. Caterpie
20. Metapod
21. Butterfree
22. Scatterbug
23. Spewpa
24. Vivillon
25. Lilipup
26. Herdier
27. Stoutland
28. Nincada
29. Shedninja
30. Ninjask
31. Oddish
32. Gloom
33. Vileplume
34. Bellosom
35. Shroomish
36. Breloom
37. Joltik
38. Galvantula
39. Pichu
40. Pikachu
41. Raichu
42. Magikarp
43. Gyarados
44. Horsea
45. Seadra
46. Kingdra
47. Buisel
48. Floatzel
49. Meowth
50. Persain
51. Elekid
52. Electabuzz
53. Eletrivire
54. Magby
55. Magmar
56. Magmortar
57. Smoochum
58. Jynx
59. Ralts
60. Kirla
61. Gardevoir
62. Gallade
63. Sabeleye
64. Mawile
65. Koffing
66. Wheezing
67. Solosis
68. Duosion
69. Reuniclus
70. Zubat
71. Golbat
72. Crobat
73. Aron
74. Lairon
75. Aggron
76. Honedge
77. Doublade
78. Aegislash
79. Ghastly
80. Haunter
81. Gengar
82. Magnemite
83. Magneton
84. Magezone
85. Machop
86. Machoke
87. Machamp
88. Eevee
89- 97. Eeveelutions
98. Poochyena
99. Mightyena
100. Seedot
101. Nuzleaf
102. Shiftry
103. Togepi
104. Togetic
105. Togekiss
106. Growithe
107. Arcanine
108. Venipede
109. Whirlpede
110. Scolipede
111. Sycther
112. Scizor
113. Heracross
114. Karrablast/ 115.Escavilier (the trade method will be diferent, perhaps level up with iron coat)
116. Mareep
117. Flaafy
118. Ampharos
119. Tropius
120. Nidoran
121. Nidorino
122. Nidorina
123. Nidoking
124. Nidoqueen
125. Litwick
126. Lampent
127. Chandeulure