Project The Community Pokédex Project! Poll 3 Results

Pokedex So Far

Kj02w7.gif

Somehow I like to see Vileplume and Shifty together as some of the Grass options!

In the interests of making my idea easier to poll when the time comes, here's the simple breakdown of my team idea:

Name: Team Aether
Public Face: Aether Corp., a technology company similar to Silph Co. and Devon Corp. that produces new inventions to ease the lives of Pokémon and People around the region.
Evil Plan: In the process of working on a new, large project, construction is both dumping waste into the oceans and displacing wild Pokémon from their home, leading to swarms, pollution, and accidents. Team Aether grunts travel the region to cover up problems. The huge experiment itself is also a giant laboratory for the cloning and genetic engineering of Pokémon. I could definitely see a lot of Leaf_Ranger's ideas working well with this to integrate Aether Corp. into the region as a whole (though I don't care for the name he chose; I went for Aether Corp. to match the team name to tie them in better).
Aether Boss: Lucia, the secretary/assistant of the Aether Corp. CEO. Although the protagonist is lead to believe that the CEO himself is behind everything, the CEO is actually a kind man who genuinely wants to help people and Pokémon without damaging the environment. Lucia was working behind his back to orchestrate Team Aether because she didn't believe he had the guts to do what was necessary.
Pokémon: Primarily Poison-, Steel-, Electric-, and Flying-type Pokémon.

Added some more details and also included a generic engineering bit to make the tie-in to MewTwo easier.

EDIT: Changed name because a spin-off game totally ripped off my awesome idea. The new name also makes sense to have Flying-type as another main, so that was added as well.

In the interests of making my idea easier to poll when the time comes, here's the simple breakdown of my team idea:

Name: Team Cipher
Public Face: Cipher Corp., a technology company similar to Silph Co. and Devon Corp. that produces new inventions to ease the lives of Pokémon and People around the region.
Evil Plan: In the process of working on a new, large project, construction is both dumping waste into the oceans and displacing wild Pokémon from their home, leading to swarms, pollution, and accidents. Team Cipher grunts travel the region to cover up problems. The huge experiment itself is also a giant laboratory for the cloning and genetic engineering of Pokémon. I could definitely see a lot of Leaf_Ranger's ideas working well with this to integrate Cipher Corp. into the region as a whole (though I don't care for the name he chose; I went for Cipher Corp. to match the team name to tie them in better).
Cipher Boss: Lucia, the secretary/assistant of the Cipher Corp. CEO. Although the protagonist is lead to believe that the CEO himself is behind everything, the CEO is actually a kind man who genuinely wants to help people and Pokémon without damaging the environment. Lucia was working behind his back to orchestrate Team Cipher because she didn't believe he had the guts to do what was necessary.
Pokémon: Primarily Poison-, Steel-, and Electric-type Pokémon.

Added some more details and also included a generic engineering bit to make the tie-in to MewTwo easier.

But Team Cipher already exists...

Anyway, I'm sad that no-one picked Gulpin as an available poison type. :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for Gulpin! It's one of my favourites, but as discussed, no one else seems to agree with most of my picks. :p

I'd prefer a Pokemon game to not be a carbon copy of the one that came before tbh, aka lose the grass/water/fire mush and give us other type starters :)

The whole Nintendo milking machine has been going on too long now... /grumpy smurf :p

I'd prefer a Pokemon game to not be a carbon copy of the one that came before tbh, aka lose the grass/water/fire mush and give us other type starters :)

The whole Nintendo milking machine has been going on too long now... /grumpy smurf :p

Sorry I haven't been able to update this thread for a while (thanks school and other projects), but I will have to disagree with you here. I know you've been a huge anti grass/water/fire starter for a long time now but I don't think that this automatically means that similar starters are bad. If you dislike the starters, then don't use them - that's what I did for BW. I liked Emboar's line and used it for black but for white and white 2 I didn't use the starter Pokemon. Thankfully, nintendo offers a large choice of wild Pokemon that differ throughout the games, so it's up to you on which starters to pick.

And I disagree also on that Pokemon has turned into a milking machine. Each game should at least have some constants while introducing new features - rarely do total reboots (in a video game perspective, at least), receive positive reviews. Sure, it may be completely new but it isolates a lot of classic players that enjoyed the options and features of previous games.

I'm absolutely LOVING this dex!
Also what if the evil team tries to takeover the pokemon league, and Brain wash anyone who manages to beat the league as there own minions! Maybe they could kidnap gym leaders/e4/champion using hoopa's rings

Back