Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just a reminder to make sure you're working on your final essays! Deadline is this Monday. If I remember, I'll post another about 24h before the deadline.

Official reminder that essays are due tomorrow! I had forgotten that American DST has started and there is no way that my brain can process how to handle with the new temporary time changes, so I'm extending the deadline by 1 hour to 6pm CET, just in case, to help cover for DST weirdness. Stupid DST.

Anyway, I seem to have caught a rather horrible cold and it appears to be getting worse before it gets better, so I have no idea when I'll actually be able to judge things. It might be a few days.

Alright, the deadline has been reached! Thank you to those who submitted in time.

As I stated earlier, I probably won't be able to do the judging portion of the essays until I'm feeling better, so you may have to wait a few days. Judging by the hell that was last night, I don't think today is going to be any better...

I'm on day 5 of being hardly to sleep which makes anything more than the most mundane tasks hell. I spent like 3 hours yesterday doing some writing that would usually take me maybe an hour at best. I spilled a can of soup and cried about it. This is not a good week.

brBhxst.png

Secret Criteria, Revealed!

Rank (3 criteria) - There are 3 different criteria in which your essay will be directly ranked against the other two challengers' essays. These categories are subjective. In the event of a tie, both tied players will earn the higher score.

The 3 ranked words were: The, Challenge, and Seven/7. Each essay was scored on how many times each word was mentioned in the essay itself. For Seven/7, either the word or the number counted.

Topics (4 criteria) - There are 4 topics that I have selected that each have certain specifics that may appear in your essay. Each topic has 3 potential specifics, with more difficult/obscure specifics being worth more points.

Names: Your own flavour name 1, team name 2, other character 3)
Lore: Queen Athena (1), the in-universe prizes (2), anything specific in the history compendium or flavour of a challenge (3)
Challenges: Single challenge (1), Favourite challenge (2), At least 3 separate challenges (3)
Teammates: Teammate by name (1), praising team's work in a team challenge (2), complaining about a teammate's work in a team challenge (3)

For each instance, only the highest point value was rewarded. So, for example, so long as you mentioned at least 3 different challenges, you would earn 3 points, even if you didn't mention which one was your favourite.

As Skyleaf did not submit an entry, only Vracken and Jabberwock's essays were judged. Here's how their points broken down:

DDf0ajy.png

MzBptAg.png

The final standings are...

JEfSTuu.png

Which means the winner is...

Vracken! :D

Thank you very much to all participants! This was a blast to host, and I hope you all had fun. :D

Within the next few days I will make a "postgame" post, including a final, flavourful ending as well as my own final thoughts on the game. In the meantime, I invite all players and spectators to share their own thoughts and opinions. Be harsh; I can take it. :p

@bbninjas @Celever @thegrovylekid @Keeper of Night @Yeowie @Vom @Luispipe8 @Brave Vesperia @Mr.Muffin @Green778 @Vracken @Jabberwock @Cypher333 @simsands @mordacazir @Skyleaf2000

Lots of people liking my post, but no one has anything to say?! :p Ah well, I suppose you guys are waiting for my postgame.

I'd hope to have it done by now, I've just been a bit too busy with preparations for my trip and catching up on what I missed while I was sick. As such, postgame will have to wait until I'm back from my vacation in mid-April.

So, you'll all have to wait a little bit longer for my finale and postgame write up. Hopefully it'll be worth it! See you all after I return.

Congrats to sir Vracken for his incredible patience and marvelous victory! Many props to Athena for amazingly organising this event until the very end! The journey of the "Challenge" has sure been a long one, but many memories I had from it will always remain vibrant in my head. Thanks to everyone for making this creative event awesome! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back