Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 7th rooms reached, and 8th room choices are now open!

As a special for the 7th room, all players may choose to randomize their current position instead of going Right or Left. A randomized spot will place you in any possible 8th floor room. Just pick Random instead of Right or Left.

Deadline is 48 hours (2 days) from the time of this post. @Vracken @Jabberwock @Skyleaf2000

And that's it, everyone's reached their final rooms! :D Results will be posted hopefully later today, though I still need to finalize a few things for the next round, so it might be another day or so.

I will say that someone reached the lowest scoring room and someone reached the highest scoring room. :p

Glad to hear it! :D I should be able to get the update up today, then (but no promises).

X2HueSb.png

The 3 challengers had fun running around the labyrinth. Originally they were grouped pretty tightly, though they soon spread out, and even though they all ended back in the same room again at some point, they also all ended up in different rooms at the end as well.

Naxi was the first one to reach her final room. She eagerly opened the door to find... a few cobwebs. What sort of final room was this? Queen Athena chuckled as she joined Naxi through a hidden door in the back of the room. "Sadly, you happen to have found the lowest ranked room in the labyrinth."

Several rooms off to the side, Mathas reached his final door as well. He turned the doorknob and winced, expecting to see the worst, only to be greeted by a cozy den filled with books, a fire crackling on the hearth. Queen Athena was seated at a table, flipping through a large book of maps. "Congratulations, Mathas, you happened to have found one of the better rooms. Hopefully, this will put you on the right path."

Jabber was the last to reach his room. Sweating, he reached for the doorknob and was blinded as soon as he opened the door. The entire room was filled with gems and gold! Piles and piles filled the room up, enough for a king's ransom. Athena appeared from around one of the mounds, picking up a gold coin and inspecting it idly. "Wow, I didn't think anyone would make it, but you happen to have located the best room of all! Welcome to the Challesian treasure room."

Jabber's mouth fell open in surprise. "You mean all of this is real?"

Queen Athena winked. "You'd think I'd tell you the truth either way? Come on through the back, and I'll reunite you with the others."

A secret staircase led the participants up to the Queen's solar where they were greeted with tea and lemon cakes, a welcome break after the cold isolation of the labyrinth.

"We'll be taking a bit of a break before the next round," the Queen said, "since it will be rather intensive and I want you all on your feet. I hope you all are looking forward to it!"

MzBptAg.png

@Jabberwock - 9 point room
@Skyleaf2000 - 7 point room
@Vracken - 1 point room

As a result, the current standings are:
J8yjrD5.png

For anyone interested, the full labyrinth can be seen here, along with all movement. Points were assigned to all positions in the top row via random.org. People who chose to randomize their position were also given their places by random.org. Kinda funny how it put everyone together towards the end there, but we still managed to split up before the end.

The Final Challenge
Round 6

For this penultimate round, all challengers will be participating in a combination game, race, and scavenger hunt as they compete in an online game.

Instructions:
  1. Each challenger will be participating in an online, browser-based game. You will compete to be the first player to find and equip a selection of items within the game. Once completed, you will take a screenshot of your inventory with all items equipped and PM it to me.
  2. Like the scavenger hunt, in order to give everyone a fair chance at starting, the full game and round info will be posted on Saturday, March 4th at 9:00pm Central European Time. That is the same as 8:00pm GMT, 3:00pm Eastern US time, 12:00pm (noon) Pacific US time, or approximately 5 hours past the time of this post in your own time zone. So, try and be here if you want to start the game as soon as possible.
  3. Hopefully I will actually remember to start the post at the right time this time. >_>
  4. Players can use Scrolls of Summon Magical Assistant (SoSMA) to receive clues to help them with the game. More details about that will be posted up with the rest of the game info when the time comes.
  5. Ideally, the game will end once everyone submits their screenshots, but just in case, I am also giving a timed deadline. If you do not achieve all objectives by the end of the timed deadline, you may PM what you have done to at least receive a participation point.
  6. The timed deadline will be Wednesday, March 8th at 5:00pm Central European Time. That is the same as 4:00pm GMT, 11:00am Eastern US time, 8:00am Pacific US time, or approximately 5 hours past the time of this post in your own time zone.
  7. Once all players have submitted, or once the timed deadline has been reached, points will be awarded as follows:
    1. The player who submits their appropriate screenshot first gains 5 points.
    2. The player who submits second gains 3 points.
    3. The player who submits last gains 2 points.
    4. Any player who does not complete the list but submits a screenshot before the timed deadline gains 1 point for participation.
  8. If any player does not submit anything before the timed deadline, which effectively means they are choosing not to participate in the round, they will receive -1 point.
  9. Total point tallies will be shared at the beginning of the next round and will continue throughout the challenge.
Overall Information About The Final Challenge:
  1. The Final Challenge will contain 7 rounds total.
  2. Each round will see competitors competing in a mini-challenge where they will earn a number of points based on their success in that round compared to the other players.
  3. Refusal to participate in a particular round will earn that challenger a negative point.
  4. Once all rounds have been completed, the challenger with the most points will be crowned the winner.
  5. In the event of a tie at the end of the seventh round, an additional round will be played to serve as a tie-breaker between the tied parties.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back