Finished The Challenge: Season 6 - The Winner Crowned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Challenge: Season 6 - Challenge 2 Revealed

bbninjas said:
We are looking for a sub for The Challenge to replace Brave (probably temporarily) while he's sick. If you would like to sub in, please PM Celever and I as directed in the first Challenge.

Well.... thats a hit on our team. Tell Him I said to get better! :)

Keeper of Night said:
Mr.Muffin said:
The best team has submitted.

You're absolutely right, we did.

Lol You can continue to live your life in delusion.

*Tips fedora while riding on the back giant elephants(Like 50 feet tall), and no scope noobs while doing an Ollie on a scooter*

Alive people in Team 1, you are all summoned to the QT! :D

To any team(s) who haven't submitted yet, I would advise you guys to get working now. There's actually only two and a bit days until deadline (neither bb nor I can believe it either) but we would hate it if you can't submit your project(s) on time...

Celever said:
To any team(s) who haven't submitted yet, I would advise you guys to get working now. There's actually only two and a bit days until deadline (neither bb nor I can believe it either) but we would hate it if you can't submit your project(s) on time...

He means that you get extra points if you submit late. The later the more points.

Camoclone said:
Celever said:

He means that you get extra points if you submit late. The later the more points.

He is a moderator. You should listen to him.

Camoclone said:
Celever said:

That's what we're doing. Everyone who has already submitted are fools! *maniacal laugh*

Deadline is in an hour, so try not to be late please!

There won't be any flavour, I'm afraid. My internet at my Dad's house is dead, as is my keyboard at my Mum's house. I'm typing this from my iPad, so I can't get any flavour done here.

More importantly, I can't get my honework done, either. This has been a really great day...

The later you submit the higher chances of death you have, so by all means time out.

Spoiler:
9mjQ7Kk.png

Referring to this:
[8:33:44 PM | Edited 8:33:52 PM] Camoclone: when will challenge be up?
[8:33:59 PM] Camoclone: I'm actually pretty hyped
[8:34:53 PM | Edited 8:35:02 PM] Cris - bbninjas: When Celever stops being lazy and we both finish marking...
[8:35:02 PM] Camoclone: lol
[8:35:13 PM] Cris - bbninjas: Not too sure
[8:35:29 PM] Cris - bbninjas: I should be able to finish marking by my wekeend
[8:35:32 PM] Cris - bbninjas: Or before
[8:35:48 PM] Cris - bbninjas: But I will go and get something to make you guys more hyped...
[8:36:16 PM] Camoclone: \o/

Hey guys... The rest of this competition isn't going to be like this, I've just run into some bad stuff irl over the past week and a bit (PG13+, otherwise I would tell you what it is) so I've had no time to get the scoring done...

However, if anyone can PM bbninjas and I and tell us what franchise the next challenge will be based on, you will get 3 bonus marks from me for the last challenge. It has already been made, and there has been a hint dropped somewhere, so good luck! Just to keep you entertained...

See, I never knew about those bonus marks...

bbninjas said:
See, I never knew about those bonus marks...

I guess surprises are in store for both the hosts and the players!

The hall was intense. Each of the 5 teams, each one holding their own franchise in the highest stead, had laid out their banners onto a table, and stared intently at the judges, watching their every move. "bbninjas and I are gonna need a bit longer to mark these banners, as they all look so good! Deciding a winner is going to be tough." No one knew just how long it would take them, but all is forgiven... right? D:

Anyway, a couple of weeks after the beginning of the challenge, all of the competitors gathered in the entrance of Nintendo's foyer, which still hadn't been cleaned up from the destruction caused by the competitors before. The players were clearly sectioned into their 5 teams, but the atmosphere was much different to how they had left the hall 3 weeks earlier. The air was tense, as the 5 teams hoped that their creativity had translated well onto the paper. "We have the results..." bbninjas stated.

Format:
bbninjas's scoring and comments
Celever's scoring and comments

Team 1 - The Egg Knights
Yoshi_banner.jpg
Yoshi_banner_Large.jpg

Small Banner: http://s22.postimg.org/xv7bd5qpt/Yoshi_banner.jpg
Large Banner: http://s10.postimg.org/9gsl8rjuh/Yoshi_banner_Large.jpg
Team Name: The Egg Knights
Motto: It's simple, we kill the Yoshi
Mascot: ???
Mascot Link: N/A
Banner:
Team Name:
6 points
I'm not too sure what to make of it, honestly. The 'Egg' part refers to the Yoshi franchise, but what has 'Knights' got to do with it? Nevertheless, I do like how the font has that 'Yoshi' feel. And, you didn't tell me what the name is. So I'm assuming it is The Egg Knights.
I am glad to see a lot of ideas tossed around in this aspect. It's a pity, though, to see the lack of teamwork in this area.

Team Name: 8
It's a pretty good team name. It plays on eggs, a central part of the Yoshi franchise, into what I think is something to do with Batman, judging by the motto. This was probably entirely unintentonal, but the name is a play on the word "ignite", which is where you get some of your points. It's also a good name for a team, since it's clearly a group of people. Overall, I'm actually somewhat impressed with the name, so great job there! :)

Username Integration: 3 points
The name integration is really plain and uncreative. Yes, I'm taking in account the lack of resources you have, but still... And no teamwork here, either.

Username Integration: 5
I'm giving 5 points to teams who use plain text for their names. You can tell who is in the team, but it's not the most creative thing in the world.

Mascot: 1 points
The mascot. Um... what's the mascot? Is it the Egg or the Yoshis? I can't tell... mainly cause you didn't link me to the mascot. And I cannot remember you guys communicating this aspect either...

Mascot: 11
I can't see a discernable mascot on your banner. That's why we asked all contestants to submit a separate picture of their mascot. Anywho, for this scoring I'm assuming that the large egg in the centre of your banner is your mascot, which is actually a really cute idea! I'm docking you marks because it's not entirely obvious that it is the mascot, but bb and I actually talked on Skype about how it would be a good idea to use the iconic thing from your franchise (which were on the back of all of your doors) in the banner somewhere. Whether on purpose or not, you did this, and you really featured it, so well done!

Motto: 2 points
And you haven't told me the motto. So I'm assuming it is 'It's simple, we kill the Yoshi'.
So, to the motto. My first, second, third and etcetera thoughts: 'What?'. To me, that motto makes absolutely no sense. Why are you killing your franchise???? I think someone brought this up in the thread and there was discussion of another motto. Which would have been better. Well... at least you provided a motto, and discussed some...

Motto: 0
I DON'T WANT TO KILL YOSHI! YOSHI ARE CUTE WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO KILL THEM?

In all seriousness, this isn't a good slogan for your project at all. If you love Yoshi and want to show everyone that it is the greatest franchise in the world, slaughtering the primary protagonist probably isn't a good idea. I get that it's a play on Batman, but I'm sure there are better quotes you could have chosen. I'm also not really a movie buff, and while Arkham City is a pretty fun game, I don't recall this quote in it.

Franchise: 11 points
Great to see most of the banner is faithful to the Yoshi franchise. I can recognise the little Yoshi border and the logo, while the font suits for the little resources you guys got. As already said, I do not feel 'Knights' relates to Yoshi particularly, while the motto makes absolutely no sense. Nevertheless, there was not too much discussion on how to implement the franchise into the banner, so low points there.

Franchise: 18
In regards to your franchise, you did pretty well. There are no other gaming franchises or anything present on the banner, and the various Yoshi from Paper Mario acting as a border around the banner are very cute. The colour scheme is green and white, aside from some of the Yoshi around the edge, which are generally the colours associated with Yoshi, and when looking at your banner, the first thought is immediately "OHMYGODYOSHI". However, you took some inspiration from Batman (it worked for the Team Name as a nice little reference, but I don't like the adapted version of the quote as a motto. Too much tbh) which took off one or two marks, and there isn't a huge amount of inspiration drawn from the Yoshi franchise itself; you drew it from Yoshi's appearances in Paper Mario. Either way, it is a very Yoshi banner, which is what you really needed to accomplish.

Creativity: 15 points
The banner looks pretty simple. Not too much creativity is evident. The border, nevertheless, is quite cute, so points there. I am noting that your team appeared to lack a sufficient image editor, so I am marking less harshly for the aesthetics side of things. I did like the brainstorming between two of the team members earlier on, which showed some lovely creativity.

Overall Creativity: 23
Actually, this creativity is refreshing. You used your colours well, establishing a very Yoshi vibe, but there is differentiation with the border. The use of the egg silhouette, as mentioned before, is excellent, and the Batman references in the team name and motto are cute. The only real points of improvement for me would be for you to have drawn more inspiration from the Yoshi franchise itself and not (Paper) Mario, and to use less Batman. There's also a considerable amount of white space, which I can't help but feel could have been used a little bit better, though I'm not sure in what way. Either way, the use of the egg being big and bold right in the middle of the banner was actually very creative, so congratulations on that!

Total Points For Banner: 103 points

Teamwork::
Brave Vesperia - 6 points
Even though you where sick, I feel like you could have made a bit of effort to input in ideas. You were still active around the site, so obviously you could do something. Nevertheless, I haven't marked you down too much...

Brave Vesperia: 2
I feel bad about this one, because you did try to contribute, but unfortunately you were plagued by illness (hehe geddit? Because the plague is an illness!) forcing your contributions of this challenge to a minimum. Still, I'm giving you a couple points for stating that you have access to MS Paint right at the start of the challenge, and suggesting a decent motto later on.

Vom - 9 points
One of the main leaders in this project. Nearly nothing would have been done if you didn't get on board and throw Phantom into the QT! Nevertheless, you people started a bit late...

Vom: 11
Yeah, you did really well, so have almost max points! n_n You were very proactive, forcing your team to get on with the challenge whether they wanted to or not (which, as it turns out, only 3 of you did) and you started off very active, remaining as such the rest of the way through. You came up with the team name and did note that you probably needed a new motto (outside of your QT, though) so I'm impressed with your contributions overall.

PhantomHaze - 10 points
Great job going out of your comfort zone to make a banner! You also inputted quite a bit into the discussion, which was great. Probably should have gone with the original ideas, or discussed your new ideas, before you made the banner though... Also, you didn't send the entry to any of your teammates...

PhantomHaze: 11
Again, very good. You were very active alongside Vom for the whole challenge, and were the one who ended up making the banner. You stepped up when the team was hindered thanks to BV's illness, and made a great final product. You worked with Vom very well throughout the challenge, and in the end were the one who put in the work in drawing the final product. Your brief stint outside of the QT is what took a point off you, because besides that you were a good team player for definite.

Wailord_2 - 5 points
You popped in every now and then for some good input, but, sadly, not too frequently. And if your team listened to your points...

Wailord_2: 0
Sorry, but you knew that you were inactive anyway (you posted in the QT apologising for it).

Lugia123 - 3 points
Didn't really help too much, just lurking. You did spend some time making another banner, which I'm two-minds about...

Lugia123: -3
Yeah... What happened? I'm sorry, but you weren't there for the entire challenge, and then you came back right at the end having made a rushed banner of your own. To me, this says "lol your banner is shit use mine!" or, at the very least, shows a huge disconnect between yourself and the game, which is a detriment in and of itself. I wasn't planning on docking marks on teamwork, but it just happened...

Total Points For Teamwork: 54 points

Further Penalties and Bonus Marks
You receive -3 points for not linking to the motto, and -14 points for not telling me the name, motto and mascot.
You also received -10 points for a later submission.

Team 2 - Eccellente
2cp6GgV.png
view.php

Small Banner:http://i.imgur.com/2cp6GgV.png
Large Banner: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=k0h84p&s=8#.VMDRh2TF-7Q
Team Name: Eccellente
Motto: Wario Wins
Mascot: Wario
Mascot Link: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=200sqxx&...MDTHmTF-7Q
Banner:
Team Name:
8 points
'Eccellente' definitely makes me think of the Mario franchise group (Mario, Yoshi, Wario), however, it can be misinterpreted as a team name for the Mario franchise. It's simple, short and sweet, although it's a bit expected; it's not particularly out of the box. Nevertheless, I think the name has a nice ring to it! But when it comes to team decisions and brainstorming... well... no points there.

Team Name: 3
I don't like Eccellente, honestly. It's unrelated to your franchise entirely, and doesn't even sound that good as a stand-alone word. I get that eccellente=Italian=Wario, but the primary "Italian" video game is Mario, not Wario. It also seems more like a slogan than a team name to me, since "excellent" but in another language isn't really something which a group of people would call themselves when trying to run a campaign...

Username Integration: 5 points
One of the expected ways of representing your team members, but it's better than plain text! I can easily tell who is on the team from the visual representation. Once again, there was a lack of teamwork in this area.

Username Integration: 1
How can I give you points for integrating your team into a banner when, as an onlooker, I wouldn't be able to tell anything about your team from the banner? It's just a collection of pictures, most of which Pokémon or Pokémon characters, slapped onto a background. You only get one point because Tails on the banner represents Tails the user, so you represented him sufficiently.

Mascot: 3 points
The mascot is plain. Very plain. There was very little creativity shown in this aspect, a bit more time put in would've been worth it. No teamwork either.

Mascot: 8
It's Wario. Great. Wario is indeed the mascot of the Wario franchise, but it's really quite unimaginative. I even tried to tell you as bluntly as I could without outright saying it that a character like 9-Volt, Mona or Ashley would have been better. Why would we have 15 points on offer to teams if they were to just use the main character in their series? I'm giving you 8 points because Wario does represent your franchise well, though.

Motto: 6 points
This motto is also fairly simple. It certainly incorporates your franchise, and the alliteration is nice. Nevertheless, I think I bit more though could've gone into it. Lack of discussion was evident for this aspect as well.

Motto: 9
I actually hated the motto at first, but it grew on me over time. "Wario Wins." is as blunt as Wario himself, and it fits your franchise very well. It's not exactly witty in a rhymey sort of way, but as a slogan it does its job well. I would have appreciated a LITTLE more wit, though.

Franchise: 5 points
From the banner, I can only see three things that incorporate the Wario franchise Wario, 'Eccellente' and 'Wario Wins'. Points for those. I guess the font also makes it look Warioish, so a little more. Other than that, the creativity in this aspect is low, and this section also emitted low discussion. The lack of purple, Wario's second colour, is a bit disappointing. Also, too much Pokémon. Pokémon is not Wario; you've nearly got more Pokémon than Wario.

Franchise: 2
Wario doesn't feature on this banner. Pokémon as a franchise features on this banner. 4 of the 6 characters on there are from Pokémon, and it's such a simplistic banner that that's all I really have to judge it on. You get 2 points out of 20 because Wario is the front man and his name is on there, but that's it. The colour scheme in the background is also very un-Wario-like. In fact, it's almost the opposite of Wario's signature garb (yellow and purple).

Creativity: 15 points
When I look at the banner, the first thing I notice is the abundance of bright images. The images make the banner look fairly busy, and it does seem to move my eye away from anything else on the banner. The images are pretty much plonked on, with some layering going on. Kudos for keeping all the images with a similar colour scheme, though!
I really like the text for both the team and motto. It looks fun, it works and reminds me of a Wario/Mario thing. Very cool!
The backdrop also is aesthetic, and it works; however I feel that the background could've represented your franchise a bit more.
The Challenge logo also seems a bit out of wack with the rest the images, and the text seems to be intruding onto it. You probably should've chosen the blue logo, and probably should've downsized it a little more.
Nevertheless, much of the banner is image plonked, and not well though out.

Overall Creativity: 4
Overall? Not much creativity. It is just some pictures slapped onto a somewhat bland background. The only creativity I can find is Tails is in the sky flying, which is just goddamn cute, and Wario is at the front, showcasing his brash and egotistical personality. The team name is also Italian, which is the nationality of Wario. I've given you two points for the positioning of Tails, and 1 for the other two things I just mentioned each.

Total Points For Banner: 70 points

Camoclone - 6.5 points
Your Teamwork: was quite lacking. You went straight to designing a banner, without getting the team to brainstorm ideas, and then noone in the team gave decent input. However, you got the banner going, so good on you in that aspect. There was also a lack of discussion on who was to make the banner; it sounded like Xerneas also had the skills. Nevertheless, you and King Xerneas did discuss a bit, and finalise the presentation. Also, your team never got to see the entry you submitted. Bonus points for getting the most 'likes' to date in the Challenge 6...

Camoclone: 4
I saw very little teamwork from you, Camo, but I'm giving you 4 points for your physical contributions and the fact that you took charge from the start (because all good projects need a leader!). That's really all there is to say. Well, not really, I had a big rant to bbninjas about how you spread apathy throughout your team, but I decided to not include it here.

King Xerneas - 8 points
You gave Camoclone a bit of help in design, but not significantly, although you did fix some of the problems he came across. You also helped in the discussion.

King Xerneas: 10
You did contribute, and you contributed very well. You were trying to find things to do even though Camo took the entire workload (genuinely not a good idea on Camo's part) and you did everything you could (such as stating you were experienced wtih photoshop because of your occupation from the begining). I would have really liked to see what your banner would have turned out like if you were making it and not Camo, but that's just a pipe dream now I guess. Ah well, I'm giving you near-perfect points because I can see that team being difficult to work in and maintain positivity in, but you did, and you certainly did it better than I could! :p

Luispipe8 - 2.5 points
Barely did anything, besides saying 'looks good once'. I am taking in consideration where you where in the last week, and the input you tried to make during your unavailability.

Luispipe8: 1
You gave the team something to do right at the start (asking your team if anyone was experienced with art software) and jumped at the idea of changing your mascot, which is worth a point from me.

Tails - 2 points
Barely did anything, besides saying 'looks good' once. Nevertheless, you apparently didn't make it to the QT until late so...

Tails: 0
You didn't do anything besides give an approval.

Raichulover11 - 0 points
Did absolutely nothing.
raichulover11: 0
You said hi.

Total Points For Teamwork: 34 points

Penalties and Bonus Marks:
-2 points for having a too small resized banner.
I've also decided to give +5 points for submitting during my holidays, so I could mark before school starts. ^_^
You also get +3 points for guessing the franchise of the next challenge correctly.

Team 3 - The Crushing Hammers
QzipFfD.jpg
2gb04Zo.jpg

Small Banner: http://i.imgur.com/QzipFfD.jpg?1
Large Banner: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=k0h84p&s=8#.VMDRh2TF-7Q
Team Name: The Crushing Hammers
Motto: Bergmite
Mascot: Climbing the Bergmite of Success)
Mascot Link: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/c/c3/712Bergmite.png/250px-712Bergmite.png
Banner:
Team Name:
13 points
Firstly, I loved the conversations that appeared during the discussion of the name, and I believe there was complete agreement. Keep at it! Great teamwork points.
Now to the name. I always thought the crushing hammers had a great ring to it. It has a significant relationship to the Ice Climbers franchise, and a pun relation to the Pokémon franchise and the Challenge. I'm slightly disappointed with the plain font of 'The' and the colour choice, which seems to make my eyes bleed.

Team Name: 15
Wow. I can't think of a better name for this franchise, honestly. Just saying it now, I haven't played the TCG since gen 4 (though it was a lot of fun then! I still have all of my cards ;)) so I wouldn't have got the reference if you guys didn't mention it in your QT, so I'm not including that in the points. However, just as a name for the team, I think it's excellent, even without the reference. It sounds hard and powerful, and relishes its roots in the franchise perfectly; Ice Climber consists of two things: jumping and crushing stuff with hammers. It also works very well as a team name, and not a slogan. Great job! :D

Username Integration: 8 points
This project shows another simple but more aesthetic way to display text. Nevertheless, what has been presented seemed to stray a heaps from the original, accepted idea. The sprites work, except they are slightly blurry, degrading the area. The text colour also makes my eyes bleed, while the font is too boring. Also, I honestly would not have seen Keeper as Krookodile, even if he asked for it. Umbreon or Smeargle is more fitting, IMO.

Username Integration: 3
Oh god my eyes! D: Unfortunately, that bright red on the background is physically painful for me (it's not so bad with the team name because it's on white and the line is a bit thicker). However, that's really not I'm judging this on. I can tell 2 of your 5 team mates from your banner, as you only included TheGuy's and Mora's full usernames. I know that DevinTheWelf, Keeper of Night and scattered mind are all long names, but you would have definitely scored more here had you made it work. You have 2 marks for representing two of your team members, and the Pokémon minisprites is a cute idea, so I've given you another one.

As an aside, you would have scored more points had you gone with what both I and a member of your team I talked to interpreted as the original idea, which was to have a party formatting with the names. So like two names on each row, going down three columns and each second name in the row a bit below the one immediately to the left of it. It would have just been a bit of polish. I haven't docked you any marks for not doing this, though, just consider it some feeback for the future.

Mascot: 6 points
The mascot is pretty disappointing. The original idea proposed was accepted as a group, and was certainly better, but I cannot see it here. Also, Bergmite is not related to the Ice Climbers at all. Sorry, but you did not receive the Pokémon franchise. Points nearly only for teamwork. At least the concept was good.

Mascot: 2
Why Bergmite? Bergmite isn't a part of the Ice Climber franchise! I've given you the benefit of the doubt, wrongly or otherwise, because Bergmite does actually look quite similar to the icebergs that the Ice Climber's use as their neutral special in the Super Smash Bros. series. It fits with the chilly theme, sure, but this would have scored higher had you included the aforementioned iceberg from Super Smash Bros.. The mountain of ice from the final smash would have even better still. Bergmite has no direct relationship with the Ice Climber franchise, so does a bad job at being its mascot. A better mascot would have been either a Topi (non-JP, seal clubbing is wrong kids, don't do it!) or the Polar Bear, and I probably would have given full marks for them thanks to the limited options in this franchise.

By the way, I thought that the original idea of having Popo and Nana CLIMBING the Bergmite was a much better idea. What did that poor Bergmite do to deserve being malletted in the head? It's just rude :v

Motto: 10 points
The motto certainly had good thought, and great teamwork put into it. It's short and sweet, and has nice resemblance to The Challenge and the Ice Climbers. The relation to your mascot is also fitting. I'm not sure if the Pokémon reference works too well stand-a-lone, though.

Motto: 11
It's good, I like it. It's the sort of motto which you remember without wanting to, and it's actually pretty creative. I've docked a point because of the unfortunate typo, so really you got 12. The reference to Bergmite was disheartening for me, as Bergmite is not a figure in the Ice Climber franchise, but I like the little reference to the Ice Climbers' whole shtick of climbing ice. It's cute, fun and creative! If you had stuck to your original slogan of "Climbing the Iceberg of Success" you would have got 14/15 marks, though.

Franchise: 12 points
When working with the franchise, this team did quite well, providing the lack of knowledge. The discussion was awesome; although I think everyone should have expressed their full opinions. Your banner doesn't seem to have top points in faithfulness to the franchise. The name is definitely a Ice Climber name first glance, and I can recognise the sprite from my little research on the franchise. The font definitely works, and the blue colour scheme communicates the icy land of the franchise. If you don't know of Pokémon or Ice Climbers, Bergmite could possibly pass as an enemy. Nevertheless, too much Pokémon. You've got a noticeable overbalance: around 4 things I can easily related to the Ice Climbers, but 7 is Pokémon related. Even the Hammer is Pokémon. My main hiccup: where's the Missy? 'Ice Climbers' features a 'S'.

Franchise: 1
It was a cute idea for Popo to cameo on this Pokémon banner! :D No, but in all seriousness, this is a banner for Bergmite. The name is based on Pokémon first and foremost, there are 6 Pokémon lined up at the bottom of the banner, and Popo isn't even wielding his trusted mallet! The first thing I said to bbninjas when you submitted your banner was "what is that hammer?" which is when he explained that it was in fact the hammer from the Crushing Hammer Pokémon card. It's kinda cute, but I would have much prefered Popo's original mallet there, so you've been docked points for that, too. The only reason you actually got a point here is because Popo makes an appearance there; I was very disappointed about the lack of any reference to Nana.

Creativity: 24 points
The first thing that attracts my eyes is the red text. As I mentioned before, my eyes don't like it. It doesn't attract to your franchise, which should be the main thing.
The next thing is that most of the banner is just plonked on there. I feel that the original ideas of the Motto and Username Integration were avoided due to the work it would take to make it. There would've been a lot of points here of both of those where done.
Nevertheless, I find the banner had huge thought and creativity in the back. All of the concepts where really awesome, and numerous made it on the final product. The motto relation to Ice Climbers was certainly creative, even if it wasn't necessarily well produced in the long run.

Overall Creativity: 12
Above average on the creativity here, for a Bergmite banner. You didn't really encompass the challenge (creating a banner out of your franchise) and instead settled back to what you knew (the TCG and other Pokémon-related things) which lowers this mark for me. However, the way that you managed to tie in the TCG card to the whole banner I think is pretty creative, and I love the text you used for the title: it seems incredibly icy and rigid, despite being red. I'm disappointed because you missed out on a few ideas that were in the QT, but I can only score you based on your final product. It's still a good banner, though. I just wish you would have used your questions so that bb and I could point you in the right direction a bit more...

Total Points For Banner: 117

Scattered Mind - 10 points
One of the main driving forces for the project, and definitely started with a positive attitude. Nevertheless, it feels that you ignored some of the ideas, and did not implement them as the creative 'head'.

scattered mind: 12 points
I can't really fault you here. Both your teamwork and contributions to the challenge were top-standard, so fantastic job! You created the banner and forced the rest of your team to create it with you, and you really did maintain a positive atmosphere throughout. This is usually where I'd say by "even better if" but I don't have one, so great job! :)[/b]

Mora - 12 points
You were really up there, definitely leading the group in the right direction. There were a few situations where you probably should've brought up and got your fellow teammates going, but other than that, you did amazing!

Mora: 11
bb and I were really impressed with you throughout the challenge, constantly saying what a huge asset you are to your team. Like scattered mind, you really enforced a positive attitude throughout your QuickTopic, and so for that I have to congratulate you. You were a big part in formulating some big ideas, whether coming up with them or helping them develop, and you were pretty active throughout. Your lack of physical contribution to the challenge is the only reason why you don't have full marks, but that's a difficult thing to include anyway when you're on computers countries and/or continents away from at least some of the rest of your team.

Keeper of Night - 9 points
You really gave those ideas to your team. Sadly, it seemed they didn't end up getting used... and apparently you didn't give your true opinions on the final results. Probably should've.

Keeper of Night: 8
In regards to teamwork, you were pretty far up there. You contributed well with your ideas, but I can't give you huge amounts of marks because you were a bit inactive. You maintained a very "teamy" attitiude throughout, though, so that was really great to see!

TheGuy - 7 points
Occasionally dropping in and giving good advice. Probably should've been a bit more consistent, but still awesome job.

TheGuy: 3
You were a steady voice of reason, but besides that, you didn't do too much. You didn't really create many ideas, and weren't really too active, which limited your individual marks a bit.

DevinTheWelf - 4 points
I didn't really see much input from you; you sorta said 'Hey, I know like nothing, meaning I can't really help'. I guess you popped in every now and then to contribute, but that starting attitude wasn't conveyed great.

DevinTheWelf: 2
Like TheGuy, you weren't huge on the contributions idea-wise. You were very positive throughout this challenge, which was great to see. You weren't too big an asset, though, so I can't award you many points. I gave you points for being a positive prescence, even if you weren't too active, and for helping scattered mind upload his picture.

Total Points For Teamwork: 78 points

Penalties and Bonus Points
I've also decided to give +5 points for entertaining me from good discussion.
You also get +3 points for guessing the franchise of the next challenge correctly.

You receive -3 points for not submitting a picture of the mascot.
You also received -8 points for a later submission.

Team 4 - Centurions
5frANXT.png
tPPy7uB.png

Small Banner: http://i.imgur.com/5frANXT.png
Large Banner: http://i.imgur.com/tPPy7uB.png
Team Name: Centurions
Motto: Our Aim is True
Mascot: Pit
Banner:
Team Name:
12 points
'Centurions' is a nice, simple name that relates to the Greek aspect of Kid Icarus. The only thing that may turn me a little as that Greeks didn't really have Centurions, but instead Romans did. Teamwork was moderate in discussing the motto. Nevertheless, only one of you seemed to actually do the brainstorming, and not too much discussion actually went into the name. The aesthetics of the name is amazing though!

Team Name: 9
Not the greatest name in history, but y'know what? It's pretty good. Centurions is a good team name, as it's sort of all-encompassing while still being strictly related to your franchise. I would have awarded more marks if you had put "the" or "team" at the start, because just "Centurions" is sorta blunt to me. It's a minor detail though, and this is still a good score to go with a good name! n_n

Username Integration: 5 points
The name positioning is simple, not too creative, although the neatness, simplicity and effects of the text make it shine. I really don't remember proper discussion in this area.

I can tell all of your players from the text, so that's fine. 5 marks.

Mascot: 8 points
The mascot is pretty simple. There are certainly other mascots that could be more creative; however the pose of Pit is really synergetic with your motto. Nevertheless, the team certainly added a few effects onto the image, showing some time input. Once again, not too much discussion. Also, where's the link? It was implied in the instructions...

Mascot: 8
Yeah, Pit is fine. Not overly creative, but he's the face of the franchise anyway, so sure. See Team 2's mascot comments for more details :p[/b]

Motto: 12 points
This motto is also very nice, certainly matching with the franchise and motto really well. It also works well in the aspect of The Challenge. The font and effects is awesome. Nevertheless, there was not too much discussion in this area; most ideas were brainstormed by the same person.

Motto: 15
I love it. I really do. This is probably such a random thing to love, but it's just so good. It's simple, and it goes with your team name perfectly. The fact that it is on the banner beneath a picture of Pit aiming an arrow is also fantastic. It has a lot to do with your franchise (one of the first things I thought of when I read the motto was actually Palutena's Auto-Retticle move from Super Smash Bros.) so it fits that criteria perfectly too. It also works well for the purpose of a campaign. Perfect slogan, well done!

Franchise: 16 points
Every single object I can see on the banner wraps around The Challenge (logo) or Kid Icarus splendidly. Still, there was not a huge amount of discussion to improve, but, of course, that's more important for the above sections.

Franchise: 19
Fantastic references to your franchise all round. The background actually reminds me of the art style of Kid Icarus: Uprising, though I haven't played the game in a while (well, ever, but I saw a Let's Play of it!) and it obviously features Pit right in the middle. The monoeye in the back really validated this for me. You drew inspiration from nowhere other than Kid Icarus, and the only reason why you didn't get full marks is the lack of Palutena on there anyway, as the franchise's name is Palutena's Mirror in Japan. Amazing! :]

Creativity: 21 points
The banner looks amazing on first glance. After looking at it six or so times, you notice a bit of repetition in font, which may detract so very slightly. The motto seems creative to me; it's not the thing I was expecting. Overall, I can see a lot of work put into the aesthetics in the banner, so great job! Sadly, there were only two people that really inputted majorly into the creative aspect.

Overall Creativity: 28
Wow. I've mentioned before some of the creative things I love: the art style in the back reminds me of the artstyle from Kid Icarus: Uprising, the random monoeye in the background and the combination of Pit aiming an arrow with the motto below it. The fact that the arrow is being pointed straight at the "The Challenge" logo is really cute, so I have to applaud you for that. I'm happy with it. I can't give you full marks because there are some things lacking, namely Palutena, but this is way more creative than I thought it would be. I also really like that edit you made to The Challenge logo, Blui, as it fits in with the style of the banner superbly. It's really polished, which really impresses me. It's as polished as a Nintendo game! :D

Total Points For Banner: 158

Jeremy1026 - 4.5 points
I really didn't like the attitude you started off with; basically I can't know anything about Kid Icarus so I can't help in ideas. Nevertheless, you did help in the basic production of the banner, but more of a 'do this' more than a suggestion.

Jeremy1026: 2
You didn't put in too many contributions to the challenge. You didn't want to research the franchise to help with the creativity aspects, and as such you only did two things: made Blui put the names in alphabetical order, and suggested a pretty good name (High Flyers). Oh well, those two are enough for you to bank 2 points.

Blui - 11 points
Certainly were the creative element in this challenge, making the banner looking splendid, and listening to all of your team's ideas. It would've been nice to see some more idea brainstorming from you, but still. One of my little annoyances is that you didn't send your entry to your fellow team members...

Blui: 12
Your QT isn't as long as the other teams, but that's because you and your team were very practical and to the point, which can be attributed to you taking charge right at the start. There wasn't really any discussion happening before you posted the background which I sorta dislike, but you posted what you had done so far straight back to your QT and allowed them to give feedback as you were working on it. You made a list of your changes in the second draft you did, and listened to your team when they had feedback (such as putting the names in alphabetical order, or including a monoeye). You did all the work whilst maintaining a good team spirit throughout, so great job there!

Ice Espeon - 4 points
You didn't really input throughout the Quicktopic, dropping in every now in then to give a sentence opinion or agreement.

Ice Espeon: 1
You suggested that you could make a banner at the start, which gets you a point, and made a couple of other positive posts, so nice.

Cypher333 - 4 points
Same with Ice Espeon, you only dropped in every now and then. You gave a bit more input, though.

Cypher333: 3
You only posted twice throughout this challenge, but this caused the team name that was picked (Centurions) and the Monoeye to be included, which were two of the highlights of the banner, which got you 3 points. Plus, this way it says "Cypher3333"

Mr Muffin - 12 points
The brains behind this challenge. You basically gave the ideas to Blui, who made them into an amazing product. Great job!

Mr.Muffin: 11
Let me quote this post for you:
I was think of angle wings in the background with the team name overlayed on top, and maybe put the hat thing pit wheres over the first letter.

We could use the motto "Mandate of Heaven" which pretty much saying that the gods want you to be the leader or have power. It fits in with the game, and angels.....

This was a perfect post. The conceptual banner you described there really excited me when I read it, and if you had developed that idea instead of Blui's you probably would have scored more points in the end, but I can't really say for sure because Blui's concept was also incredible, and I don't know what it would have developed into. Either way, it was a really great way to start the challenge (this was the 6th post in their QT and was made less than 3 hours after the challenge was posted) so I am really commending you for this. You contributed consistently henceforth, suggesting lots of team names and slogans (which were all actually good) presumably utilising your good knowledge of the franchise well. You didn't create any physical artwork. so I can't give you full marks, but I can give you as close as I can! Amazing job! :)
You receive -3 points for not linking to the motto. Correct, it was only implied...

Total Points For Teamwork: 58

Penalties and Bonus Points:
You receive -3 points for not providing a picture of your mascot.

Team 5 - Team GYR.O.B
cmqWp0U.png
Fa2SAGw.png

Small Banner: http://i.imgur.com/cmqWp0U.png
Large Banner: http://i.imgur.com/Fa2SAGw.png
Team Name: Team GYR.O.B
Motto: We're programmed to win!
Mascot: R.O.B
Banner:
Team Name:
12 points
The franchise you have doesn't give you a huge expansion to play around with, so I think the mash of 'Gyromite' and 'R.O.B' is nice, although not the most creative idea. The styling also gives it the nice acronym effect, while the font makes the banner smooth. You guys also had moderate teamwork in this aspect, discussing the name nicely.

Team Name: 5
Fair enough. Team GYR.O.B is pretty good. It's a cute combination of Gyro and R.O.B, but it isn't exactly the most creative thing in the world, and it just doesn't have as nice a ring to it as it could do as a team name. You would have definitely scored more points for Squirtle Squad's great idea of "t.e.a.m. G.Y.R.O.". Unfortunately, sometimes it's just better to go for the more simplistic option, as just "Team G.Y.R.O" would have scored more points.

Username Integration: 3 points
Not really any creative input in the name integration here. I do I guess there was a little bit of discussion about username placement.

Yep, all 5 names are there in text.

Mascot: 8 points
True, with your franchise Gyromite, there are not too many mascot ideas to deal with, so I will account for that. The pose certainly looks slick and I just like that look into the distant, so good choice in that aspect! When looking at teamwork, the only thing I can notice is that the original mascot (and image!) has been carried over from the draft of another player. Nice teamwork there!

Mascot: 12
Scream "unfair" all you want, R.O.B is probably the best mascot the franchise has available to it. Not neccessarily, actually, as I would have prefered a Gyro as it is just a bit more unique. That's neither here nor there, though, as Gyromite is very limited in choices for good mascots, so Team 5 gets quite a few points here.

Motto: 8 points
The motto is pretty average. I feel that something more creative could have been chosen in this situation... And... Teamwork: in this department. Uh, not too great. One of your members proposed a nice motto, which was widely accepted by the group. And then it changed from the draft. Um... what?

Motto: 15
I love it. It's perfect. It fits the whole robot theme, and is humerous yet serious at the same time. It fits the whole idea of a campaign well, and is anything I could have ever hoped to get out of this challenge.

Franchise: 16 points
I like how this team was very faithful to their franchise. There was a bit of discussion about it, but, uh, it was mostly negative.

Franchise: 6
Eh. R.O.B is clearly the star, but that's the only inspiration actually drawn from its franchise. I don't know what the heck Master Hand is doing there, as it has nothing to do with Gyromite, but a cameo from Prof. Hector and/or a Gyro would have been much appreciated.

Creativity: 22 points
For a team with low artistic skill, I would say the banner is very nice and has a decent creativity input. Even if the font is simple and not so unique, I'd have to say it works. The mash of the team name is very cool. What makes me go 'awesome' is that glove. It just completes the banner, and the 'thing' wasn't something as unauthentic as a background. Awesome!
Nevertheless, there was not too much discussion around the banner in general. Most of the input was performed by two players, who created a nice collaboration with their visual designs, but input was lacking from the remainder.

Overall Creativity: 2
Eh. Not really. It's just what you needed on there: a picture of the mascot, the challenge logo, your team name, and your team's usernames. You also stuck a random watermark of Master Hand there. Sorry, but it's nothing special in regards to creativity. It's very aesthetically pleasing, though, and the colours work very well together, so I'm giving you two points for that. I really liked the idea of R.O.B's eyes...head...thing being the B, so it's a shame that that wasn't carried over into the final draft.

Total Points For Banner: 114

Squirtle Squad - 8 points
Although you apparently did not have much skill to help in this challenge, you continuously popped in and encouraged your team, even giving some good input. More brainstorming would have been nice, though.

Squirtle Squad: 2
Decent contribution. You suggested the better hypothetical team name. You were somewhat active, and were sorta positive, but at the same time you were irrefutably defeatist, which really disappointed me. That's why I've scored as lowly as I have done, because defeatism is NOT the right way to tackle this competition.

NameBlank - 12 points
After Steffenka had a computer meltdown, you truly hopped on board to bring it home for the team. Giving input, especially after turning Steffenka's draft into a final, was a great to see. You kept the team informed in your process up to submitting... though you probably should have a) put in the full submission b) sent your submission to both hosts and your teammates. It was also a bit disappointing to see the change of motto from the draft, with no discussion in between.

NameBlank: 8
I'm confused by you. At the start, you implicated that you had little experience with digital arts. However, you then possessed good knowledge of MS Paint later, and then created a very refined banner. This seems more like refusal to work than inability to. However, I have to give you credit for jumping in at the last minute when steffenka's computer broke, and making a new banner, as well as creating the motto. The motto is amazing. I love the motto :p

Steffenka - 12 points
Straight away you offered to take on the creative aspect, even though you had limited skill. Awesome! Throughout the challenge you were the main leader, encouraging brainstorming. Even after your computer died, you kept inputting. Kudos! Next time, you could even try and get your team going quicker ;)

steffenka: 11
Fair enough. When it was finally apparent that no one on your team could do digital arts, you DID step up to the mark and contributed by making the banner. You put in whatever creativity you could muster into the banner, and as such sorta impressed me with your complete resilience and perseverance. Reseraching Gyromite, as I just found out, isn't actually that easy, so I'm impressed with the effort you put in.

Snaquaza - 3 points
I didn't really like the 'I can't do anything here' attitude you had throughout the challenge. I understand that it's probably more related to frustration, but still... Nevertheless, you still were active enough to be around when your team needs you, so that's great!

Snaquaza: 3
You turned up late (though not really through any fault of your own) and didn't contribute in regards to ideas too much. However, you were very positive with the rest of your team, praising them on their works, and did... TRY to create a slogan.

GM Draclord - 2 points
You didn't really input in this challenge at all. You just popped in without adding to the project. Probably help at bit more next time!

GM DracLord: 0
You didn't do anything.

Total Points For Teamwork: 61

Penalties and Bonus Points
You receive -3 points for not providing a picture of your mascot, and -16 points for not resizing the banner, telling us the motto, name or mascot.
You also receive -10 points for a later submission.

Final Results
Centurions - 212 points
The Crushing Hammers - 186 points
Team GYR.O.B - 145 points
The Egg Knights - 120 points
Eccellente - 116 points

Eccellente has scored the lowest points. This means that they must vote off a player from their team. Each player in Eccellente must PM bbninjas and Celever by 14th of Saturday Midnight stating which memeber of your team you would like to vote off. If all votes are submitted before the deadline, we can continue the game quicker! ^-^

Also, each team that failed to submit a full submission (including Mascot link), needs to send us it ASAP.[/hr]

Last edited:
RE: The Challenge: Season 6 - Challenge 2 Results!

Never played a Kid Icarus game lol.

Our team dominated! As I told you we are going to win!

I wanted to make a reference to the Elvis Constello reference. I changed it from My Aim is True to Our Name is true.

That went very well, with me barely ever posting. But hey, I've played Kid Icarus:Uprising, so I was able to give a few names! :D

Good work guys! I also haven't played an Icarus game, but I played with him a lot in SSBB.

Also I submitted the full form, so none of you cool kids have to :)

Athena said:
Sure, I'd lurk in a QT as much as I lurk in the threads.

I haven't picked a team to cheer for yet, though. If you want me in your corner, feel free to PM me with bribes.

Picked a team yet?

bbninjas said:
Athena said:
Sure, I'd lurk in a QT as much as I lurk in the threads.

I haven't picked a team to cheer for yet, though. If you want me in your corner, feel free to PM me with bribes.

Picked a team yet?

She picked MINE.
/me goes to grab Athena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back