Tha Carter IV

Elk-Dimension

u elkcom hangl man
If you watched the VMAs last night or are a Lil Wayne fan, you probably know that "Tha Carter IV," rumored to be his last album was released last night. So, whether or not you like Weezy, feel free to discuss the album in this thread!

I haven't heard the whole album; I kinda doubt that anything will be better than "6 Foot, 7 Foot," but I'm still enjoying what I've heard. Except "How to Love," Lil Wayne should not sing. His rock album proved that.
So yeah.

I had no idea its been released yet. I've been hyped about it ever since I heard Tech N9ne was gonna be on it, and that was revealed almost a year ago.

Well, I keep a close eye on iTunes (mainly for grime and dubstep EPs) and I've previewed half of the tracks. I've also watched the How to Love video. To be honest, I think he's better off with someone else, and certainly rapping, not singing. 6 Foot, 7 Foot is great, but from what else I've heard it's sadly not an amazing album. I'd also like to mention that he's not the only one incapable of keeping up his standard. Watch the Throne sounds a bit disappointing too. I usually find that an artist's first recognised album is successful (notable grime examples include Disc-Overy, Black and White, Catch 22 and Alive Till I'm Dead).
I'm disappointed with Lil' Wayne. To be perfectly honest, I don't see much potential with this album. I prefer his duets, such as Drop the World, Barry Bonds and even Down. Let's hope that it's not his last, and there will be one more spectacular album before the end.

Back