Tetris Mario: The Comic- #6: Whose side are you on, anyways?

42 chocolate

nope
tetrismariobanner.png

Introduction
Tetris Mario is a sprite comic, mainly about Mario being stuck in a game of Tetris, having been put there by Bowser. The author is yours truly.
I will update on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, seeing as that's when most webcomics don't update. There is no specific time for the update, so don't expect to see a new comic first thing in the morning (although I will do my best.) Please note that the strips will contain a lot of variety. Some will be serious, and solely purposed to advance with the plot, others will be comedic, their only purpose to entertain the reader. Some will have both elements, and each strip will be of varying length, depending on two factors:
1. How much time I spent on it, and
2. How much plot needs to be in it.

Anyways, on to the character list! (Warning: this comic contains many speech tendencies.)

Characters

Mario: A round, italian plumber, in deep love with Princess Toadstool Peach. Proposes to her at the beginning of the comic, but before the wedding is stuck in a game of Tetris. Has a speech tendency to give a slight "-ah" in the spaces between words.

Princess Toadstool Peach: Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, she pretends to be in love with Mario while he's around, but secretly enjoys Bowser's company. Once Mario is in the Tetrisworld, she is free to reign over the Mushroom Kingdom with Bowser as Prince. Pretty much one of the only characters with no speech tendency, along with Wario and the Narrator.

Tetrad: A large, 3x3 array of tetris blocks, and Mario's only friend in the Tetrisworld. He gives Mario advice, and helps him to try to get out of the Tetrisworld. He came from England and doesn't like American spellings or pronunciations.

Bowser: Is Mario's archenemy. He enjoys putting Mario in pain and difficult situations, and often "kidnaps" the princess. Peach aides him in putting together his traps, so she can spend more time with Bowser before Mario "rescues" her. Bowser employs the help of two others, Wario and Bomberman. He also has a tendency to add a "hehehe" after each sentence. Evilly.

Bomberman: A polite young man who never quite knows what he's doing. He simply follows any instructions given to him, despite their results. Despite his name, never uses bombs or even resorts to violence (unless instructed to.) He has a tendency to start and end every sentence with "Sir" or "Ma'am." (Depending on the person he's talking to.)

Wario: Ah, Wario. A humorous villain, and Bowser's worst
assistant. Doesn't really care what Bowser has him do, as he's only in it for the money. Pretty much one of the only characters with no speech tendency, along with Peach and the Narrator.

Narrator: Narrates the strip. Pretty much one of the only characters with no speech tendency, along with Wario and Peach. Often is about to give spoilers, when Divine Intervention occurs. Which means that...

42 chocolate: comes into the strip to fix the Narrator's errors. The two are never shown in the comic, just their speech bubbles.

The Comic

#1-Prologue
#2-Enter Tetrad
#3-The Plan
#4-Hammertime
#5-Helpers
#6-Whose side are you on, anyways?

The Mario Games, Tetris, and all of their characters, sprites, and locations, belong to the Nintendo company and the Tetris Company.. I don't own any of this (Except for the comics, the story, and my perceptions of some characters).

RE: Tetris Mario: The Comic

Haha. I like it. I think it's alittle weird that you use sprites from different time periods, though... Even so, keep it up, and much respect for doing this in Paint. (I like how you poked fun at that, too)

6-Dimension said:
Haha. I like it. I think it's alittle weird that you use sprites from different time periods, though... Even so, keep it up, and much respect for doing this in Paint. (I like how you poked fun at that, too)

Actually, one of the comic's running gags is its horrible artwork. Since I have to use whatever sprites I can find....

Yeah, "crudely painted lands..."

Look forward to another one in two days! (Yes, two days now, was three days 25 minutes ago.)

All right, just in case I don't have time to update this tomorrow, here's the second comic:

2. Enter Tetrad
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4514/tetrismariopgtwo.png

RE: Tetris Mario: The Comic - Update 6/15/10

I like where this is going, and I can't wait to read more! Great job, 42 chocolate! xD

P.S. I'm not sure if it's just me, but... Does anyone else picture the Dr. Mario song while reading these?

Bobblehead said:
I like where this is going, and I can't wait to read more! Great job, 42 chocolate! xD

P.S. I'm not sure if it's just me, but... Does anyone else picture the Dr. Mario song while reading these?

Hey! A comment! Thanks, bud! ;D Comic #3 will be up on Thursday.

Haha, that Tetrad guy of yours is pretty funny.

Oh, and isn't he supposed to be a 3x3 block? :S

Mr. Random said:
Haha, that Tetrad guy of yours is pretty funny.

Oh, and isn't he supposed to be a 3x3 block? :S

Uh.. he is 3x3. :S

Anyways, I probably won't have time to update tomorrow morning, so here's Comic #3:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8274/tetrismariopgthree.png

RE: Tetris Mario: The Comic- #3: The Plan

Love it, 42. Will read more. My apprentice of Tetris.

Nice 42c. Make Sonic come through a drainpipe on a tetris block ;0

Ice Espeon said:
Nice 42c. Make Sonic come through a drainpipe on a tetris block ;0

Maybe I will. :O

@monpyro97: Thanks. ;D

Comic #4:
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8854/tetrismariopgfour.png

RE: Tetris Mario: The Comic- #4: Hammertime

This is pretty cool and funny. The artwork is sometimes bad, but I guess that's the point. Perfect blend of nonsense, plot, and fourth-wall breakage. Keep it up!

RE: Tetris Mario: The Comic- #5: Helpers

These comics are great! They are also funny.

Back