• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Terrkion/Garbodor

DarknessGrace

Vilegar Forever!!!
Pokemon:
4x Trubbish(NV)
4x Garbodor(DRX)
3x Terrakion EX(DRX)
2x Terrakon(NV)

T/S/S:
4x N(NV)
4x Catcher(EP)
4x Cheren(EP)
4x Switch(B&W)
3x Heavy Ball(ND)
3x Juniper(B&W)
2x Rocky Helmet(NV)
2x Rescue Scarf(DRX)
2x Giant Cape(DRX)
2x Level Ball(NV)
2x Random Receiver(DEX)
2x Super Rod(NV)
1x Tool Scrapper(DRX)

Energy:
12x Fighting

The point of this deck is to shut down abilities using Garbodor and then use the terrakions to attack.
Btw i would like to fit in 2 more giant cape and 2 more rescue scarf, please tell me what to take out to fit them in. Thanks in advance =).

I'm not going to tell you what to take in/out. That is up to you depending on your play style.
However I will help you to know what works better in terrador decks.

-a 3-3 line of garbs works best, 4-4 is just deck draw mid-late game. and u have no ultra ball to discard the deck draw.
-1 super rod is enough if you can get 2 garbs out you are golden.
-rescue scarf is a lot better than giant cape, because all a mewtwo needs is 3 energies to KO any garbodor anyway. so why not bring it back to your hand after it gets 1hko'd?
- eviolite + potion is REALLY REALLY good with terrakion keeps him alive for a LONG time. just a little help on him.
ultra ball works well in this deck and possibly even 1 emolga for start.

* I find that what happens a lot, is if your opponent gets a quicker start than you and ends up KO'ing something and you have no energy in play to retaliate or counter attack. You are stuck with 2-3 pokemon in play with 3 or more retreat cost. and a LOT of times you have to go fishing through your deck with a supporter for a switch. NOT good situation. your opponent is then in complete control of the game. emolga can go to your active when something is KO'd and has the free retreat to help out and give u options on a counter ko turn.

I realized you also run NO catchers. You NEED to make room for 4 catchers for this deck to be a decent deck to a top tier deck.

May I direct your eyes to line 2 of the trainer section of this decklist ~Zorua

I disagree with some of you arguments, ashkatavra
-4-3 is usually better, since your trubs have a habit of getting killed early game
-I agree with this
-RAIKOU. It slaughters you if you don't run Giant Cape. Also, rescue scarf is useless attached to other things
- Potion really doesn't do enough. SSU is better.

I'd also recommend adding some DCE and Mewtwo EX. It's a fantastic attacker late game, since most opposing decks that run Mewtwo rely on abilities to charge their X Balls. Pump-Up Smash can give you a 6-energy X Ball, which can spike higher if you need to OHKO some EXes.

Puff said:
I disagree with some of you arguments, ashkatavra
-4-3 is usually better, since your trubs have a habit of getting killed early game
-I agree with this
-RAIKOU. It slaughters you if you don't run Giant Cape. Also, rescue scarf is useless attached to other things
- Potion really doesn't do enough. SSU is better.

I'd also recommend adding some DCE and Mewtwo EX. It's a fantastic attacker late game, since most opposing decks that run Mewtwo rely on abilities to charge their X Balls. Pump-Up Smash can give you a 6-energy X Ball, which can spike higher if you need to OHKO some EXes.

with a garb up, it would take 3 turns to attach and KO the Raikou. That gives u 3 turns to attach to a terrakion, find a catcher a 1hko a raikou for 2 prizes.
i have played tested this deck extensively. ssu is too flippy for a serious competitive deck. what are you going to do when top 4 is a flip of a super scoop up away? you're going to take that risk? i'm not. a good player wouldn't let raikou become a problem in a fighting type attacking deck.

ashtavakra said:
I'm not going to tell you what to take in/out. That is up to you depending on your play style.
However I will help you to know what works better in terrador decks.

-a 3-3 line of garbs works best, 4-4 is just deck draw mid-late game. and u have no ultra ball to discard the deck draw.
-1 super rod is enough if you can get 2 garbs out you are golden.
-rescue scarf is a lot better than giant cape, because all a mewtwo needs is 3 energies to KO any garbodor anyway. so why not bring it back to your hand after it gets 1hko'd?
- eviolite + potion is REALLY REALLY good with terrakion keeps him alive for a LONG time. just a little help on him.
ultra ball works well in this deck and possibly even 1 emolga for start.

* I find that what happens a lot, is if your opponent gets a quicker start than you and ends up KO'ing something and you have no energy in play to retaliate or counter attack. You are stuck with 2-3 pokemon in play with 3 or more retreat cost. and a LOT of times you have to go fishing through your deck with a supporter for a switch. NOT good situation. your opponent is then in complete control of the game. emolga can go to your active when something is KO'd and has the free retreat to help out and give u options on a counter ko turn.

I realized you also run NO catchers. You NEED to make room for 4 catchers for this deck to be a decent deck to a top tier deck.

I run four catcher

you need another Juniper in this deck, 4 is pretty crucial for consistency this season. You can take out a 4th Garbodor for that since a 4-3 line has almost always gotten me a T2/T3 Garbo. You can also drop the rocky helmet for more rescue scarf/giant cape (those are the more important tools imo) Finally I would drop both level ball for another heavy ball and another rescue scarf/giant cape, level ball only searches trubbish, and you are probably better off with ultra ball instead of level ball if you don't want more heavy ball...

hope I helped :D

-1 Garbodor- If you add in more Rescue Scarf you won't need as much Garbodor. T1 Trubbish is more important and Heavy Ball exists anyways.

-2 Giant Cape- I'm going to agree with ashtavakra here and say that Giant Cape is basically useless. If you have Rescue Scarf, Garb goes to your hand. Raikou will take longer to setup and do scary things. He doesn't have a Mewtwo counter on the other hand and since all of his big attackers need a lot of energy just to do good damage(Mewtwo with two DCE's and one basic energy vs Terra with 2 is a OHKO which is kinda scary).

-1 Super Rod- Since you now have more Rescue Scarves you don't need as many of these.

-4 Fighting Energy- Mostly for space for DCE, the DCE could always be toned down if 4 feels like too much or you don't like 8 fighting and want more.

+2 or 3 Mewtwo EX- Good for countering opposing Mewtwo's and is a good Pump Up Smash target, still best attacker in the game.

+2 Rescue Scarf- Self explanatory.

+4 DCE- Mewtwo needs it and always needs to up his chances of getting it onto him.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
you need another Juniper in this deck, 4 is pretty crucial for consistency this season. You can take out a 4th Garbodor for that since a 4-3 line has almost always gotten me a T2/T3 Garbo. You can also drop the rocky helmet for more rescue scarf/giant cape (those are the more important tools imo) Finally I would drop both level ball for another heavy ball and another rescue scarf/giant cape, level ball only searches trubbish, and you are probably better off with ultra ball instead of level ball if you don't want more heavy ball...

hope I helped :D

Personally i never really liked 4 juniper i dont really like 4 in almost any deck as for the garbodor i play 4 because i never draw into them and i like playing the level ball but i might try out the ultra ball. Thanks for the advice btw =)

irondragon12 said:
-1 Garbodor- If you add in more Rescue Scarf you won't need as much Garbodor. T1 Trubbish is more important and Heavy Ball exists anyways.

-2 Giant Cape- I'm going to agree with ashtavakra here and say that Giant Cape is basically useless. If you have Rescue Scarf, Garb goes to your hand. Raikou will take longer to setup and do scary things. He doesn't have a Mewtwo counter on the other hand and since all of his big attackers need a lot of energy just to do good damage(Mewtwo with two DCE's and one basic energy vs Terra with 2 is a OHKO which is kinda scary).

-1 Super Rod- Since you now have more Rescue Scarves you don't need as many of these.

-4 Fighting Energy- Mostly for space for DCE, the DCE could always be toned down if 4 feels like too much or you don't like 8 fighting and want more.

+2 or 3 Mewtwo EX- Good for countering opposing Mewtwo's and is a good Pump Up Smash target, still best attacker in the game.

+2 Rescue Scarf- Self explanatory.

+4 DCE- Mewtwo needs it and always needs to up his chances of getting it onto him.

Giant cape imo is not useless at all. i would rather run it in fear of raikou then not run it and get destroyed by it. I think the basic tools to be run in this deck is 4 rescue scarf and 4 giant cape. And really im not sure of mewtwo in this deck but i might try it out.

My version is pretty wierd. I have 3-2 Garbodor with 2 Emolga to search out Trubbishes, 4 Ultra Ball to search out Emolga or Garbodor, and 3 (might bump that up to 4) Rescue Scarf so that when your opponent KO's Garbodor, he goes back to your hand, and you can revolve a Benched Trubbish to continue the lock as if nothing ever happened. Of course, my Garbodor build is very awkward, so I'm not saying this is exactly what you should do. My deck doesn't mind the discarding for Ultra Ball. I would definately swap Rocky Helmet for Rescue Scarf and a Garbodor for a Heavy Ball.

DarknessGrace said:
Giant cape imo is not useless at all. i would rather run it in fear of raikou then not run it and get destroyed by it. I think the basic tools to be run in this deck is 4 rescue scarf and 4 giant cape. And really im not sure of mewtwo in this deck but i might try it out.

Okay, so then take out the two Rocky Helmets and put in more Giant Capes. Whatever fits your fancy, but 4 Rescue scarves is basically essential. Take out maybe a Tool Scrapper and one Juniper for 2 Rescue Scarves, then up your Cheren count to 4(He might be better than Juniper in this deck).

Mewtwo is great btw because he really is needed if for nothing else, the Mewtwo war hahaha. They need only a DCE and one energy to kill Garbodor no matter what(Giant Cape doesn't save here). Then if you have a Mewtwo and DCE in your hand you can play them and take them out(requires using Switch too obviously). 2 for 1 on the prize trade there and if you have Rescue Scarf on Garbodor then you didn't lose as much as you think. He's pretty useful. Good PUS target as said too.

irondragon12 said:
DarknessGrace said:

Okay, so then take out the two Rocky Helmets and put in more Giant Capes. Whatever fits your fancy, but 4 Rescue scarves is basically essential. Take out maybe a Tool Scrapper and one Juniper for 2 Rescue Scarves, then up your Cheren count to 4(He might be better than Juniper in this deck).

Mewtwo is great btw because he really is needed if for nothing else, the Mewtwo war hahaha. They need only a DCE and one energy to kill Garbodor no matter what(Giant Cape doesn't save here). Then if you have a Mewtwo and DCE in your hand you can play them and take them out(requires using Switch too obviously). 2 for 1 on the prize trade there and if you have Rescue Scarf on Garbodor then you didn't lose as much as you think. He's pretty useful. Good PUS target as said too.

i really only had rocky helmet in the deck because i need two more rescue scarf and giant cape. i want to run 4 and 4 but i dont have them so i through in rocky helmet.

Back