Discussion Temporal Forces Official Setlist (SV5)

Doesn't seem like any of the cut cards that are not making it into Paldean Fates are coming here?

Specifically Squirtle, Bulbasaur and the two Gold Energies.

I guess Victini ex is also dead.
Wasn't expecting Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Victini being available here. Victini specially has a high chance of remaining exclusive to Taiwan. If it comes it's more likely that will be as a promo or in a special set, same with Bulbasaur and Squirtle.
But the gold energies are a mystery. Not only there was no reason for them to be cut from Paradox Rift but not putting them here would be even weirder. Are they not gonna release them? There is a slight chance that they may cut 2 of the "new" and include the energies here and put the new ones in a later set but we'll have to wait and see.

Wasn't expecting Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Victini being available here. Victini specially has a high chance of remaining exclusive to Taiwan. If it comes it's more likely that will be as a promo or in a special set, same with Bulbasaur and Squirtle.
But the gold energies are a mystery. Not only there was no reason for them to be cut from Paradox Rift but not putting them here would be even weirder. Are they not gonna release them? There is a slight chance that they may cut 2 of the "new" and include the energies here and put the new ones in a later set but we'll have to wait and see.

My theory is that they wanted to nerf SIR/UR pull rates for Paradox Rift and they thought having energies take up that slot would make the backlash worse so they just excluded them but then they have to put them in somewhere don't they?

Should just have not altered pull rates and be done with all the energies and stay consistent for Year 1 SV but they couldn't do that so here we are.

My theory is that they wanted to nerf SIR/UR pull rates for Paradox Rift and they thought having energies take up that slot would make the backlash worse so they just excluded them but then they have to put them in somewhere don't they?

Should just have not altered pull rates and be done with all the energies and stay consistent for Year 1 SV but they couldn't do that so here we are.
I thought of two very unlikely possibilities (but still possible) for the fate of the energies:

1) We'll get them in Paldean Fates: TPCi will cut two of the gold cards (likely Miraidon and Koraidon) for a still-unannounced product similiar to the Zacian & Zamazenta Ultra Premium Collection. There have been upcs for most of the special sets recently but none have been announced for Paldean Fates.

2) We'll get them in Temporal Forces: japanese sets will now only feature 2 gold cards instead of the usual 3. This way every other international set for the year will also have 6 gold cards since they should be composed of 3 japanese sets (and this would've been an outlier with only 4).
Or like I said previously, japanese sets still have 3 golds but they will cut 2 of the new to make way for the energies and they'll keep moving these gold cards until they can maybe use our next special set can catch up.

I wonder if they will continue releasing Baby Pokémon, they've already released nine out of 19 Babies. Hopefully the trend will continue.

With the reveal that Scovillain ex and Revavroom are not in Paldean Fates, I decided to pull the gym promos from series 4 (Garganacl ex, Tinkaton and Raifort) from the setlist. They are now likely coming in SV6.

Some of the ace specs from temporal forces got leaked on Reddit confirming that there will be 162 cards in the main set.

Awakening Drum 141/162
Maximum Belt 154/162
Neo Upper Energy 162/162

1705171220267.png

Last edited:
Just theorizing but I think with the rumor that Bianca is likely getting the next special trainer promo box that the Full Art of Bianca's Sincerity would probably be stripped from Temporal - though a SIR could still be possible. But i just commented on the Temporal Forces set announcement story about this (linking below although likely unnecessary) but the Set Announcement does not list Full Arts (Trainer or Pokemon) not sure if they would actually remove them for the start of the "H" block as part of the ~new whole making things "less counterfeitable"~ or if it is simply since they are more focused on ACE-SPECs returning but I do not see them or information about them listed anywhere! I absolutely have seen that info given to us in the past with set announcements so just super curious!
Wait…there isn’t any Full Arts in the listing of set specs - it has info listed for Illustrations/ SIRs / Gold-Etched and then the ACE-SPECs - are we starting the “H” block without Full art Trainer and Pokémon ? Are the AceSpec taking its place in the set as a special level of rarity ? I just noticed because I’m doing my “binder math” on how this set will sit and wish I realized sooner when people would be active on this news story

Just theorizing but I think with the rumor that Bianca is likely getting the next special trainer promo box that the Full Art of Bianca's Sincerity would probably be stripped from Temporal - though a SIR could still be possible. But i just commented on the Temporal Forces set announcement story about this (linking below although likely unnecessary) but the Set Announcement does not list Full Arts (Trainer or Pokemon) not sure if they would actually remove them for the start of the "H" block as part of the ~new whole making things "less counterfeitable"~ or if it is simply since they are more focused on ACE-SPECs returning but I do not see them or information about them listed anywhere! I absolutely have seen that info given to us in the past with set announcements so just super curious!
They are revealing a SR a tomorrow so full arts are definitely still in.

Opera Instantâneo_2024-01-16_140157_twitter.com.png

The Japanese equivalent of this set will be released a week Friday I believe? If so, we will see the full set this Friday coming, and have a better idea of which cards will be in this set.

My guess is that either Scovillain ex will be in this set or a Promo, there are 4 empty spots for Promos between Pikachu IR and Carvanha.
There will probably be some boxes for Venusaur ex and Blastoise ex with the IRs of Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Charizard ex will likely be in between Iron Thorns IR and Pikachu Championship Promo along with Scovillain.

If they are adding the baby Pokemon, I can finally finish my TCG Pokedex.

The next set should include Crimson Haze, Mask of Change, and Night Wanderer. The one after that should include Battle Academy and Stellar Miracle. Terapagos ex here we come!

My guess is that either Scovillain ex will be in this set or a Promo, there are 4 empty spots for Promos between Pikachu IR and Carvanha.
There will probably be some boxes for Venusaur ex and Blastoise ex with the IRs of Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Charizard ex will likely be in between Iron Thorns IR and Pikachu Championship Promo along with Scovillain.

The next set should include Crimson Haze, Mask of Change, and Night Wanderer. The one after that should include Battle Academy and Stellar Miracle. Terapagos ex here we come!
Those slots should be for the pre-release promos.

That's a fair point I didn't think about that. Shroodle and Grafaiai ex should be in those two slots in 99 and 100 then.

They've already released Baby Pokémon Cleffa, Elekid, Magby, Bonsly and Mantyke in Obsidian Flames and Paradox Rift (Cleffa and Bonsly in Obsidian Flames, and Mantyke, Elekid and Magby in Paradox Rift), and a week Friday will see Mime Jr. being released as part of Paldean Fates. Hopefully we will see at least another two Baby Pokémon in this set.

Igglybuff, Happiny, Smoochum, Chingling, and Munchlax are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I wouldn't be suprised if Munchlax and Pichu were released soon though.

The ten Baby Pokémon that are yet to be released in the SV era are Pichu, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Happiny, Smoochum, Munchlax, Azurill, Wynaut, Budew and Chingling. The latter two are yet to have no Retreat Cost.

The ten Baby Pokémon that are yet to be released in the SV era are Pichu, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Happiny, Smoochum, Munchlax, Azurill, Wynaut, Budew and Chingling. The latter two are yet to have no Retreat Cost.
Chingling is almost definitely gonna be in the Kitakami set/Mask of Change, I really do hope they keep up the trend of printing baby pokemon. I don't want them to stop halfway through.

Back